Found Deceased LA - Becky Hostetler-Hendrix, 43, New Orleans, 6 Jan 2022

Hi everyone, its been hard since I was last here. Since my last entry here , i was able to find an emailvthat she sent to a friend. In it she talked about how Hearty got a kick out of seeing her hurting , bleeding and bruised. The NOPD saw these emails in late feb/ early march after they got access to her email , and said they did not feel it important enough to investigate. THIS WAS WHILE SHE WAS STILL MISSING! I’ll attach a copy at the end of this entry. I filed a complaint with NOPD internal affairs about how bad their investigation was. I received a request for a mediation ( just to talk with the officers and a mediators) just to talk. And of course i agree to drop my complaint. Which I will not do.
I have been told by the head of the mediation team, several attorneys that I have a case against NOPD. Either they say they don’t handle these types of cases or not get a reason at all. SO, My question is: does anyone know an attorney that has the ba_ _s to take the case? Surely someone is out there that cares enough about justice to take it. No it wont change the outcome but what if she had been alive when they saw the emails, there would have been a chance to save her. Hearty was never questioned about this. Please if someone knows an attorney let me know.

Attachments

• C1ED5120-14EC-4D47-9523-1F61C24DE58C.jpeg
    C1ED5120-14EC-4D47-9523-1F61C24DE58C.jpeg
    118 KB · Views: 84
Hi everyone, its been hard since I was last here. Since my last entry here , i was able to find an emailvthat she sent to a friend. In it she talked about how Hearty got a kick out of seeing her hurting , bleeding and bruised. The NOPD saw these emails in late feb/ early march after they got access to her email , and said they did not feel it important enough to investigate. THIS WAS WHILE SHE WAS STILL MISSING! I’ll attach a copy at the end of this entry. I filed a complaint with NOPD internal affairs about how bad their investigation was. I received a request for a mediation ( just to talk with the officers and a mediators) just to talk. And of course i agree to drop my complaint. Which I will not do.
I have been told by the head of the mediation team, several attorneys that I have a case against NOPD. Either they say they don’t handle these types of cases or not get a reason at all. SO, My question is: does anyone know an attorney that has the ba_ _s to take the case? Surely someone is out there that cares enough about justice to take it. No it wont change the outcome but what if she had been alive when they saw the emails, there would have been a chance to save her. Hearty was never questioned about this. Please if someone knows an attorney let me know.
NOLA police department is very corrupt, in my opinion. Therefore you need to find an attorney that knows this. It appears from this story that the drug dealers may have LE in their back pocket.

Obviously LE didn't follow procedure. They won't expect to be challenged. You have an uphill battle and will need a lawyer who has passion.
I'm so very sorry this happened to you. Your daughter deserved to be treated with respect. At the very least you deserve a valid reason for why this was covered up.

I wish I could help you there, Karen. I am sadly not well versed in a way to help navigate that situation. I am glad to see you back, even though I wish it was with news that made you feel better, not worse. Hugs.

That email is painful to read, Karen. I'm so sorry.

I don't know any attorney's in the area but there is a list of police misconduct lawyers at the link below. There are a few with over 20 years' experience who offer free consultations. Good luck to you. <3

@karenlpn2000 my suggestion is to Google "lawsuits against NOPD" or something to that effect and see what articles you can find online. Sometimes those types of articles will identify the attorney or firm handling the lawsuit. If so, I would contact those attorneys/firms for a consultation because they will have experience dealing with NOPD lawsuits and they should be able to tell you if you have a case worth pursuing. I wish you and your family the best of luck.

Morning everyone! I want to thank you again for being very supportive. The persons of interest were never brought in or questioned by NOPD. I want to post an update about the complaint that I made to the NOPD, their response to the investigation and my response to them :

Attachments

• 18918A45-2433-494E-9137-1030E4F55212.png
    18918A45-2433-494E-9137-1030E4F55212.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 57
Morning everyone! I want to thank you again for being very supportive. The persons of interest were never brought in or questioned by NOPD. I want to post an update about the complaint that I made to the NOPD, their response to the investigation and my response to them :

Thank you for sharing the outcome. Even though they had the unfounded/not substantiated findings, at least someone had to do the extra work to investigate the reported behavior and the information will remain in the officers' files. You should be very proud of yourself for standing up to them and calling them out for their behavior!!

I know this had to be an extremely difficult holiday for you, and I'm sorry for what you've endured. Wishing you peace in the New Year.

Thanks. It has been hard and I dread the New Year. I truly believe that Becky passed away on Jan 6 as that was when her phone was turned off/ went dead( which i dont believe it went dead as she never let the battery go dead ) at the apartment she was staying with mh. And that is where she was staying when she wrote an email to her friend that he got his kicks on seeing her bruised, bloody and hurting. The supervisor that was investigated even said there are a lot of corrupted police officers in district 1 where her case was handled. I’ve called so many attorneys, even in Texas, and can’t find one to take the case. Either they say its not in their line of practice or no reason is given even when i asked why. I feel they are either afrid or in business with law enforcement and/or the drug gangs. Either way i have had no luck. Sorry for putting this on the day after Christmas but its now just another day to me. I hope everyone has a SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEARS!

This reply to NOPD was left off :

Attachments

• 9D480DC8-A4C6-4910-8026-2D0C0832DFC1.png
    9D480DC8-A4C6-4910-8026-2D0C0832DFC1.png
    319.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 39CAF3AF-E875-4CA3-98FB-0D6F56482EEE.png
    39CAF3AF-E875-4CA3-98FB-0D6F56482EEE.png
    316.1 KB · Views: 36
I am glad they looked into it, even though you were hoping for a different outcome.

We are here for you every day of the year. Even if you just need to feel like someone is listening and cares. Because we do. I am sure the holidays this year felt heavy. My heart is with you and her child. Merry Christmas.

I am glad they looked into it, even though you were hoping for a different outcome.

We are here for you every day of the year. Even if you just need to feel like someone is listening and cares. Because we do. I am sure the holidays this year felt heavy. My heart is with you and her child. Merry Christmas.
Ty for that. Its been hard for both her children. But i worry more for her 13 y/o daughter. As far as i know, she hasn’t gotten any counseling and i really feel she needs it and she is missing a lot of school but I can’t do anything about it , her dad has that control.

Ty for that. Its been hard for both her children. But i worry more for her 13 y/o daughter. As far as i know, she hasn’t gotten any counseling and i really feel she needs it and she is missing a lot of school but I can’t do anything about it , her dad has that control.
Wishing you and yours light and love in this New Year going forward. I can't imagine how difficult it must be. Just know that no time spent trying to benefit others is wasted time. What you have shared here through your experience - I find very inspiring and I cannot be alone. I hope that at some point in the near future - Your passion for your family can translate into something that helps the community around you. Keep fighting the good fight and others will follow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sshamrick2011
Back