GUILTY LA - Brian Downing for sexual assault of LSU fan, New Orleans, 2012

Outkick the Coverage reported on Thursday that the New Orleans police department has the alleged suspect's name, location, and employment history, but a police department representative denied that report to the International Business Times.

Officer Williams, of the Public Affairs division, told the International Business Times that the police department hasn't identified the suspect, but is actively pursuing an investigation. Once the suspect is identified, he could face sexual battery charges.

Although the department says it hasn't identified the man in the video, Outkick the Coverage and Deadspin have both reported that is a man named Brian *******.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/284579/20120119/alabama-fan-teabag-faces-charges-lsu.htm

Ok I see the abc link. Going to read now.

From your MSM link:

As of 3 p.m. Thursday, Sheriff Taylor says Downing is currently en route to New Orleans with his family and attorney to meet with New Orleans Police sex crimes investigators. The Sheriff says he ordered Downing to travel to New Orleans immediately upon learning of his appearance in a viral video which features a man putting his genitals on the neck of a sleeping man in LSU attire at the crowded Bourbon Street restaurant presumably after the BCS Championship game between Alabama and LSU in the Dome January 9th.

Sheriff Taylor also says Downing is his 2nd cousin.

welp, if not main stream then i don't know how to report this bit of news:

http://deadspin.com/5877636/

And, just in case:
http://www.abc26.com/news/local/wgn...eans-for-questioning-20120119,0,4982070.story

It seems (by your comments) I may have offended you by asking for MSM links.
If so I apologize.

But, as far as I'm aware, at WS, information from blogs is to be considered rumor until the info is reported on by MSM or LE.

So, info from deadspin would be considered rumor. As example, your first link (blog) says he turned himself in. Your 2nd link (MSM) says he's on his way to turn himself in.

Now that MSM has confirmed the info that they know who he is, it can be considered fact.

Downing worked at Hibbett Sports in Phenix City, Alabama, and has been terminated. Hibbett Sports released the following statement:

"After we looked into it and investigated the matter, we made the decision to terminate this person's employment with the company."

Scott Myers with Hibbett Sports

When Myers was asked about what led to his firing, he said: "It doesn't represent anything about our company."

http://www.wafb.com/story/16557857/person-of-interest-idd-in-sexual-assault-of-lsu-fan

http://mobile.nola.com/advnola/pm_29227/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=yGhvPYiB

a6890ee8-595c-e9b2.jpg

Detectives met Downing, 32, at his attorney's office in Mid-City and then took him to Central Lock-Up, where he was booked with one count of sexual battery and one count of obscenity

I graduated from LSU and even did the whole sorority thing. I HATED going to games because it was such a disgusting drunkfest. People would be passed out in the bathrooms or throwing up in the seats. Everyone was so obnoxious and unapologetic for their behavior. It is the main reason I broke up with my long term boyfriend. He was a drunken fool who constantly embarrassed me.

He had shaved that goatee quickly, hadnt he?? He knew he was being looked for!

He had shaved that goatee quickly, hadnt he?? He knew he was being looked for!

Yeah. I thought the exact same thing.

I'm sure this visit to NOLA won't be quite as fun as his last one.

NOLA is a party city. Come "pass a good time". Eat, drink, and be merry.
Everyone is welcome. But please do not rub your junk in the face of a passed out partier!

I hope he is convicted and has to register as a sex offender.

JMO

Did anyone else notice him putting his middle finger in the guys nose, then mouth, then he was EATING stuff with that hand? ACK!

I am glad they found him and I am glad the victim didn't have to come forward I think he has had to deal with enough. I think if nothing else this should be a great reason to stay sober!!!

This whole thing is so disgusting! I'm so glad this guy was identified and arrested for his crime. His parents must be so proud of him.

Really ??? He's 32 years old ?? No way !! That's the behavior of a 22 year old. If he is really 32, then I don't know what excuse he has for his behavior. I seriously thought guys "outgrew" stupid by 28, at the latest.

Really ??? He's 32 years old ?? No way !! That's the behavior of a 22 year old. If he is really 32, then I don't know what excuse he has for his behavior. I seriously thought guys "outgrew" stupid by 28, at the latest.

This! I think he deserves maximum punishment for his crimes!

However, my heart aches for his wife and small child. You would think that a 32 year old father and husband would think through these things before he made such an awful decision. I hope his wife and son can heal and move on.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back