LA - China Record, 4, Dies after forced to drink bottle of whiskey; grandmom, mom jailed, 21 Apr'22

dotr

Reaction score
JXOKFDG4SVA3VEJGH6REJ5WKKE.jpg

Roxanne Record, 53, and mother, Kadjah Record, 29 - Bing images

Child dies after drinking whiskey; grandmother, mom jailed - ABC News (go.com)
April 22 2022
''BATON ROUGE, La. -- A 4-year-old girl is dead after her grandmother allegedly forced her to drink a bottle of whiskey while her mother watched, Baton Rouge Police said.

Sgt. L’Jean McKneely, a police spokesperson, told news outlets the little girl's grandmother, Roxanne Record, 53, and mother, Kadjah Record, 29, were arrested Friday, each on a charge of first-degree murder
''Officers were sent to a Baton Rouge home around 11 a.m. Thursday after reports of an unresponsive child. The child, 4-year-old China Record, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.''

''The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office said an autopsy showed a cause of death was acute alcohol poisoning. The little girl had a blood-alcohol level of .680%, more than eight times the .08% driving limit for an adult, authorities said.

While investigating, detectives say they learned the victim’s grandmother forced her to drink a bottle of the alcohol while the mother watched.''

The investigation remains ongoing.''

The document further stated the child’s grandmother and mother were angry because she may have drunk alcohol from the bottle of whiskey that was on the counter, so the grandmother allegedly forced the toddler to drink the rest of the liquor that was in the bottle, which was possibly more than half full. It added the young girl had to drink the alcohol while on her knees in the hallway and the victim’s mother was there but failed to stop the girl’s grandmother from giving her the liquor.

The arrest warrant stated Roxanne Record told investigators “she messed up” and “wanted to take full responsibility” for the child’s death. The grandmother also reportedly said “this went too far” and “she ruined everyone’s lives.”
Grandmother, mother accused in 4-year-old’s fatal alcohol poisoning, police say

This is disgusting and loathsome. A mother and grandmother torture and murder their four-year-old daughter/granddaughter by forcing a lethal amount of alcohol down the child's throat while the child was on her knees. This makes me sick. I hope these two pieces of slime do NOT get away with what is clearly first degree murder.

THE INVESTIGATORS: Toxicology expert weighs in after grandmother, mother arrested in child’s alcohol poisoning death – WAFB9
<snipped & BBM>
The young girl’s blood-alcohol level was .680. That is more than eight times the legal limit for an adult to get behind the wheel. Just for perspective, a level of .40 is enough to possibly kill an adult.

“Holy moly. Oh my gosh,” said Dr. Matthew Lee, with eLEEte Physicians, LLC out of Richmond, Virginia.

WAFB’s Scottie Hunter asked Dr. Lee if he has ever seen a blood alcohol level this high.

“I personally have not. I’ve seen some high blood alcohol levels. I have not seen one at a 0.68,” said Dr. Lee.

[...]

The warrant shows the mother of the 4-year-old tried to put the girl in the bathtub when she passed out but police say she did not call 911 right away. Dr. Lee says that is scary because alcohol affects kids differently than adults.

The blood sugar can drop so low that they become comatose,” said Dr. Lee. “They can have seizures and it can result in death."

What a cutie! Fly high little China...
56950929-10745547-Four_year_old_China_Record_died_on_Thursday_after_her_grandmothe-a-8_1650693560365.jpg

Even though I can't access the LA court site - I'll be following this case... breaks my heart! :(
So - maybe someone reading here who has access to Baton Rouge court sites - can help with court dates? Should be one coming up soon - like 48 hours after they are arrested - right? So maybe today??

Edited to add - I CAN access the court site - no updates in there for either one. Actually, they don't come up for today.

Sad but not surprising, honestly. I remember being forced to drink wine as a very young child for similar reasons.
I remember my grandfather made my older brother smoke an entire cigarette when he was about 11 or 12, for similar reasons. But Grandpa was actually a kind man and one cig was not deadly.

These women were probably drunk themselves, since half the bottle was gone. :mad:

JXOKFDG4SVA3VEJGH6REJ5WKKE.jpg

Roxanne Record, 53, and mother, Kadjah Record, 29 - Bing images

Child dies after drinking whiskey; grandmother, mom jailed - ABC News (go.com)
April 22 2022
''BATON ROUGE, La. -- A 4-year-old girl is dead after her grandmother allegedly forced her to drink a bottle of whiskey while her mother watched, Baton Rouge Police said.

Sgt. L’Jean McKneely, a police spokesperson, told news outlets the little girl's grandmother, Roxanne Record, 53, and mother, Kadjah Record, 29, were arrested Friday, each on a charge of first-degree murder
''Officers were sent to a Baton Rouge home around 11 a.m. Thursday after reports of an unresponsive child. The child, 4-year-old China Record, was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.''

''The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office said an autopsy showed a cause of death was acute alcohol poisoning. The little girl had a blood-alcohol level of .680%, more than eight times the .08% driving limit for an adult, authorities said.

While investigating, detectives say they learned the victim’s grandmother forced her to drink a bottle of the alcohol while the mother watched.''

The investigation remains ongoing.''

Thank you for starting the thread @dotr. You’re the Best!

What they did to this baby is so horrific and heartbreaking. It literally makes me feel ill. What is wrong with people? I will never understand it. Ever.

These women should spend the rest of their lives behind bars for this most egregious crime. That poor, poor baby.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back