LA LA - Clinton Nelson, 21, Haughton, 1 Sept 2006

On the surface, this vaguely reminds me of Lauren Spierer's case from Bloomington, IN. She disappeared after a night of partying and one of the more popular theories is that she accidentally overdosed and the people she was with hid her body. It sounds like that may have happened in this case, too.

find-clinton mentioned that many of the people at the party Clinton attended were older, making it all the more likely that they were capable of hiding a body well enough that it hasn't been found. It's possible he could've gotten a sketchy vibe from the party or the people attending and decided to leave, but they were worried he would report the drug use or whatever else may have been going on, and killed him to keep him quiet. Either way, this story has a heartbreaking ending. I hope LE can work something out (immunity in exchange for testimony or something similar), or that one of the people involved has a conscience. 11 years is a long time to hold a secret like this. I'm hoping this case can be resolved soon - Clinton's mother deserves some closure after over a decade.

BSO still seeking answers in 12-year-old missing person case
The Bossier Sheriff’s Office is currently investigating the missing person case of Clint Nelson, who was last seen 12 years ago.

Clinton was last seen at a party at a residence near US Hwy. 80 and Ward Lane in Princeton, on Sept. 1, 2006. Detectives say Clinton walked out of the residence around 8:30 p.m. in an unknown direction. He was last seen wearing a t-shirt, blue jeans, and a new pair of white tennis shoes. Clinton wore some distinctive round seeing glasses with silver wire rims. Clinton was 6 feet, 1 inch and weighed about 160 pounds. He also had blonde hair and blue eyes. He had moved down from up north to be closer to his father and to work here in the oil field industry.

NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Authorities in northwest Louisiana are asking the public for help solving three missing persons cold cases: a woman missing for 39 years, and men last seen 18 and 13 years ago.

Crime Stoppers in Bossier Parish put up billboards Wednesday about Arrilla Webb-Vaul, Gregory Vice Jr. and Clinton Devon Nelson. All were in their early 20s when they disappeared - Webb-Vaul in March 1979, Vice in March 2000 and Nelson in September 2006.

Long-missing man's mom: The uncertainty never gets easier

Cash award for tips leading to Haughton man missing for 12 years

The most recent development in the case is a new reward being offered by a private donor for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person(s) responsible for Nelson's disappearance, Johnson said.

The reward offer — $100,000 — will expire Dec. 31.

636082498395604300-Clinton-Nelson-Billboard.jpg

Hey everyone! I am the assistant to the host of Unfound, Edward Dentzel. He did an interview with Clinton's mother, you should check it out .

Here is my friend Edward's page. He is the host of the podcast Unfound. /m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=626269313&ref=content_filter

Here is a link to the cases he has done so far. UnFound--A Missing Persons Program | Free Podcasts | Podomatic

UnFound--A Missing Persons Program

Here is a link to the Unfound Podcast Discussion Group. Unfound Podcast Discussion Group Public Group | Facebook

Unfound Podcast, where the weekly Wednesday live video is done.
Unfound Podcast

Unfound is also carried online by a major newspaper. UnFound — A Missing Persons Program/

Unfound is also on YouTube. Unfound Podcast

Carolyn Teigen stood in a church parking lot in Princeton on Monday with a flyer in her hand.

"I'm here looking for my son, Clinton Nelson," she said in front of a small corral of media and television cameras -- not too far from where he was last seen.

She then paused for a moment to contain her emotions.

It's been 13 years since her son, then 21 years old, vanished from a friend's home in Princeton while attending a party.

His story has been shared vigorously throughout local news outlets, made appearances in national news publications and was even featured in its own episode of Disappeared, an Investigation Discovery show.

But despite those efforts, his whereabouts remain unknown; so her search continues.

...SBM

On Friday, Sept. 1, 2006, Nelson was at a party with some friends at a small house in the 800 block of Ward Lane in Princeton.

The house is located in a small clearing that is surrounded by a wooded area, and just around the corner from Gillespie's Welding on Highway 79, where he worked and met at least one of his friends at the party.

People who were in attendance reportedly told police that Nelson had stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. Then, he was gone.

Nelson was last seen wearing a black T-shirt, blue jeans, a black knit hat, red and white tennis shoes, and round framed glasses.

He has no transportation, credit cards or financial means other than an amount of money he may have had on hand, according to previous reports.

..SBM

At the time, he was recovering from a fractured collar cone, fractured ribs, and to top it off, his arm was in a sling, his mother said. Her son was injured while working at an oil rig about a week before the party, so the idea of him walking away seemed unlikely to her.

...SBM

The last activity on his cell phone is reportedly a brief conversation that Friday evening, in which he allegedly told his dad that he had seen police lights in the area and believed the police were chasing him.

However, investigators with the Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office said there is no indication that law enforcement was in the area that night.

...SBM

He previously had issues related to substance abuse but had been clean for more than two years at the time. There also appeared to be no signs of further drug use prior to his disappearance, his mother said in a previous report in The Times.

However, Nelson was arrested in early August 2006, about a month before his disappearance, and was charged with possession of schedule IV (Xanax), possession of schedule I (MDMA), possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to Bossier Parish Court records.

His next court appearance was set for Nov. 17, 2006, but because he didn't show, warrants for his arrest were later issued, court documents read.

...SBM

By early 2008, three national groups teamed up to do a grid-by-grid ground search in the Princeton area, covering a five-mile radius from the house where he was last seen.

Friends, family and volunteers searched through yards, pastures, along creek beds and pond shores in a multi-day effort, but their mission to find Nelson ended empty-handed.

Other organized searches were done in the years after. Including a tip in July 2017 of possible human remains about 11 miles south of Coushatta -- but again, nothing was found.

'Let me bring my boy home': 13-year search continues for missing Haughton man

I’m surprised with the amount of reward money at stake that NO ONE has come forward with information leading to the discovery of Clinton yet. I’m guessing no one can confirm but was there 100% foul play?

Hoping for justice and closure for Clinton and his family.

Aug 31, 2021

<<Clinton was at a friend’s house and called his mother’s cousin for a ride home. She was unable to provide him a ride home. He told his friend that he was going to walk home however, Clinton never showed up.

No incoming or outgoing calls have been recorded on his mobile phone since 9/1/2006. Also, Clinton’s paycheck of $2,000 is at home which he never picked up.>>

Sept 3, 2017

<<Little is known about what happened after 8:30 p.m. that night, but authorities confirmed that the last contact with Clinton was a phone call from his father, Jeff. Carolyn told Dateline that during the call, Jeff claimed his son whispered that he thought the police were following him. Then the phone went dead.>>

<<Among the rumors of what could have happened, some have speculated that Clinton was beaten up and robbed. Apparently, Clinton had been boasting to friends and acquaintances in Princeton about his new well-paying job, including the $2,300 he had on him that night, and a check he had waiting for him back at home.>>

<<Clinton’s son Austin was born just after his disappearance. “In many ways, Austin is the spitting image of his father,” Carolyn said. Since then, Carolyn has gained custardy and guardianship of Austin and said, “He’s what helped me keep going, to keep pushing.” She said that he often asks about the father he never met, and why he has never come home.>>

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Clinton Nelson was last seen leaving a house party at 800 Ward Lane, near Highway 80 in Princeton, Louisiana at roughly 8:30 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 1, 2006. Clinton called his mother's cousin for a ride home. She could not pick him up at the time, so he told his friends he was going to walk home. Some friends said that he took off running, some say he got into a car and left with someone else. He was never heard from again.

Clinton Devon Nelson
Clinton Devon Nelson
Clinton Devon Nelson
Clinton Devon Nelson

Mouse over to enlarge

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads