LA LA - Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, 32, Lafayette, 8 February 2013

SG has kept in touch with CG's family ...

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:28 PM
Man claiming to be missing woman's husband contacts newspaper
Nov. 22, 2013
Written by Megan Wyatt and Jessica Goff

Posted the link below, however looks as thou it is dead
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article/20131123/NEWS01/311230016/?nclick_check=1

Inserting link from project jason site see the 4th article
http://projectjason.org/forums/topic/3476-missing-woman-crystal-dupuis-grebinger-la-02072013/

The caller said he left the country at the advice of Crystal Grebinger’s uncle.

“I didn’t tell him he had to leave the country. I advised him to,” ED said in a Friday phone interview. “I said, ‘They’re blaming you and will continue to blame you for everything.’”

Dupuis, ...., said he is “very, very close” to Sean and Crystal Grebinger. According to Dupuis, the Grebingers and their four children lived with Dupuis from July to September 2012.

“It’s sad the man has to take the brunt of it all,” Dupuis said. “I’m the blood uncle of Crystal, and I’m on the outside looking in. Sean’s not perfect by no means, but I know what I’ve seen. And this is not a world where the guy is innocent until proven guilty.”

Dupuis said he kicked the family out of his house after Crystal Grebinger “pushed her daughter down the stairs and broke her arm.”

Court records filed in Orange County, Fla., show that Sean Grebinger was arrested on one count of first-degree battery in October 2010. No criminal records were found in Orange County of the alleged 2012 incident.

Dupuis said he speaks to Sean Grebinger often.
Were Crystal and her husband living with SG leading up to her disappearance (before she went to the shelter)?
This whole thing is hinky.

Any more information on this case? It seems it has been dormant for awhile.

Found this from back in Jan have not heard much more

What Happened To Crystal Dupuis Grebinger?

It’s been almost five years since anyone has seen or heard from Crystal Dupuis Grebinger.

The woman was last seen the day she left the Faith House shelter for abused and battered women in Lafayette.

Her family has worked tirelessly over the years, along with Louisiana State Police, to try to find out what happened to Crystal.

The mother of four was seeking a divorce from her husband of 16 years, Sean Grebinger at the time of her disappearance.

I have reached out via Facebook to attempt to contact Grebinger to ask him about his wife’s disappearance.

Someone claiming to be Sean Grebinger called the Daily Advertiser in November of 2013 saying that he believed she was out west in California.

There were several court filings in relation to Sean Grebinger and Crystal.

Read More: What Happened To Crystal Dupuis Grebinger? | What Happened To Crystal Dupuis Grebinger?

If her body is in Lake Fausse Point, one it has a large alligator and snapping turtle population we use to feed one marshmellows he was by far the biggest one I have ever seen. It is a very large Lake, but if they zone in on the area where her shoe was found with sonar its possible they may be able to find some remants.

If her body is in Lake Fausse Point, one it has a large alligator and snapping turtle population we use to feed one marshmellows he was by far the biggest one I have ever seen. It is a very large Lake, but if they zone in on the area where her shoe was found with sonar its possible they may be able to find some remants.

Was the shoe found actually hers? I seem to recall that it wasn't?

Was the shoe found actually hers? I seem to recall that it wasn't?

The article stated it was identified to be hers, all thou I do recall some questionable s about the shoe just recalling from memory.

Here is her FB page its run by her family back in April they were asking for assistance to contact a search with sonar

Help Find Crystal Dupuis Grebinger

The remains found in Lafayette mentioned on this page were identified as Vickie Litriece Patterson, a native of Illinois.
http://www.katc.com/story/36865201/skeletal-remains-found-on-lajaunie-road-in-lafayette-identified

No updates on Crystal that I can find. :(
There is a Cold Case Conference in Mamou, Louisiana, this weekend March 29/30th, 2019. The Crystal Dupuis Grebinger case will be covered. Family members will be in attendance. They do not believe she “just ran off”. Cazan’s Crimefighters will be taking on this case, and there will be an interactive question and answer period. No charge to attend Conference. LEOs and media attending. The Chief of Police of Church Point will lay out the facts of Acadia Parish’s only cold murder case- Alex Babineaux, 2017.

There is a Cold Case Conference in Mamou, Louisiana, this weekend March 29/30th, 2019. The Crystal Dupuis Grebinger case will be covered. Family members will be in attendance. They do not believe she “just ran off”. Cazan’s Crimefighters will be taking on this case, and there will be an interactive question and answer period. No charge to attend Conference. LEOs and media attending. The Chief of Police of Church Point will lay out the facts of Acadia Parish’s only cold murder case- Alex Babineaux, 2017.
Yeah, she did not just run off. There's about a zero percent chance of that. Her poor family and kids. I cannot imagine searching for answers for so long with what seems like little movement.

And as for the conference.... how cool!!! I am in new Orleans, but if I could pull off getting away for the day, I would definitely make that few hour drive!

Yeah, she did not just run off. There's about a zero percent chance of that. Her poor family and kids. I cannot imagine searching for answers for so long with what seems like little movement.
Exactly. The family is participating in the Cold Case Conference. Crystal’s ex in Brazil, verified. Questions, whose black hummer was she seen in leaving Lafayette shelter? Was the shoe found at Lake Fausse really hers? Equusearch is willing to help if and when there is cause.

And as for the conference.... how cool!!! I am in new Orleans, but if I could pull off getting away for the day, I would definitely make that few hour drive!
Three hours drive, but set your watch back 50 years. Hotel will have a film crew up with ghost hunters, right after the conference. Next Cold Case Conference will be the last weekend in April, a deeper dive into the cold 43 years homicide in Lafayette of the head of the Red Cross, Russell Foote. His son will introduce the case Saturday March 30th, laying out facts and clues from his files, with interactive questions and answers. Then, end of April, a deeper dive.

Three hours drive, but set your watch back 50 years. Hotel will have a film crew up with ghost hunters, right after the conference. Next Cold Case Conference will be the last weekend in April, a deeper dive into the cold 43 years homicide in Lafayette of the head of the Red Cross, Russell Foote. His son will introduce the case Saturday March 30th, laying out facts and clues from his files, with interactive questions and answers. Then, end of April, a deeper dive.
Oh my gosh. I need to rally a friend to go with me! I went to college in Lafayette. Ot was USL then lol

FEB 19, 2020
Estranged husband of missing woman captured in Brazil & scheduled for extradition
[...]

KATC reports that Brazilian Federal Police worked with the country's Military Police to apprehend Sean Grebinger in connection with the murder of his wife, 32-year-old Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, and for the assault of his current wife, in Brazil. Extradition.

[...]

A release from the FBI states, "According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation - FBI, two weeks after the crime, the killer took a flight to São Paulo. In Brazil, he married a Brazilian woman, obtaining a residence permit in the country."

"In an attempt to obtain refuge, he falsely claimed to have been an agent of the American Special Forces of Counterterrorism, in addition to simulating political persecution in the USA. On 1/31/2020, he was the author of domestic violence against his Brazilian wife in Pouso Alegre."

[...]

FEB 19, 2020
Estranged husband of missing woman captured in Brazil & scheduled for extradition
[...]

KATC reports that Brazilian Federal Police worked with the country's Military Police to apprehend Sean Grebinger in connection with the murder of his wife, 32-year-old Crystal Dupuis Grebinger, and for the assault of his current wife, in Brazil. Extradition.

[...]

A release from the FBI states, "According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation - FBI, two weeks after the crime, the killer took a flight to São Paulo. In Brazil, he married a Brazilian woman, obtaining a residence permit in the country."

"In an attempt to obtain refuge, he falsely claimed to have been an agent of the American Special Forces of Counterterrorism, in addition to simulating political persecution in the USA. On 1/31/2020, he was the author of domestic violence against his Brazilian wife in Pouso Alegre."

[...]
Wow. A leopard truly never changes his spots. Good thing. About time.

This is frustrating!

Reports: Sean Grebinger found dead in Brazilian prison

"Globo cites Brazilian Civil Police with confirmation of Grebinger's death. The outlet also said that it reached out to the Brazilian Federal Police, the State Secretariat of Public Security of Minas Gerais, and United States Embassy in Brazil, and Grebinger's lawyer, all of whom, according to the paper, have not yet made comment.

KATC called the U. S. Consulate in Sao Paulo but received no answer. KATC also called Interpol in Washington, who would not comment.

Grebinger was accused in the 2013 disappearance and murder of his estranged wife, Crystal Dupuis Grebinger. He was awaiting extradition back to Louisiana to face charges in connection with that case. According to Globo, their children had been living with Sean Grebinger in Brazil, but authorities there sent the children, ages 17 and 15, back to Louisiana on Thursday to live with their grandmother, who has legal custody over them."

I was just coming to report his apparent suicide. Crystal is from my parish in Louisiana.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back