LA LA - Girl, 8, & siblings, 14 & 15, tried to save her, New Orleans, 23 Apr 2022

My husband and I were in Natchez, MS last weekend and had a breathtaking view of the Mississippi River. I could have shuddered just thinking about the power that water has. It is MASSIVE and unyielding in strength.

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - Divers from the New Orleans Police Department, St. Charles Parish, and Southeast Louisiana Underwater Search and Recovery are continuing the search for three children who fell into the Mississippi River on Saturday.

The Coast Guard made the “difficult decision” to suspend their efforts late Sunday evening after searching 93 miles of the river over a 55-hour span to no avail.

Local dive teams continue search and rescue efforts for 3 children in Miss. River

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - A terrifying night turned into a tearful morning as family members began to realize their little ones may not come home.

Dozens of family members stayed near the Algiers levee hoping for good news from crews searching overnight and into the morning. Dive teams also combed the river bottom.

Nedra Berry says they had just buried another family member the night before when she got a call from her brother.

“My brother called me screaming, ‘Nedra I need you, my babies are in the water, I can’t get to my babies...come.’ I’ve never heard a man cry out for his children the way my brother cried out for his children...never,” Berry said.

‘We are hurt’: Family of 3 children who disappeared in Miss. River hoping for good news

NEW ORLEANS — It's now been more than 48 hours since three kids went missing in the Mississippi River near the Crescent City Connection in Algiers. They still haven’t been found. Monday evening, friends and family came together for a balloon release near the levee where they were last seen.

"Heal their broken hearts," a pastor said during the balloon release, praying for comfort and healing. "We believe right now, we believe these babies right now are wrapped in your arms."

More at 'My babies' - emotional father talks about missing daughters | wwltv.com

NEW ORLEANS — The U.S. Coast Guard said that fast moving, strong currents on the Mississippi River is among several factors for why the agency ended its search for three missing children who were swept into the river.

The USCG ended its search and rescue operations after searching 93 miles along the Mississippi River for more than 55 hours. Coast Guard Sector New Orleans commander Capt. Kelly Denning said he made "the difficult decision" to suspend the search after the "extensive search efforts."

More at Why USCG ended search for 3 missing kids in Mississippi River | wwltv.com

God has all three of these young kids wrapped lovingly in His arms by now. I’m so sorry and I send my condolences to each one who knew and loved them. God rest their souls. What a heartbreaking tragedy. I’ll continue to pray for their strength through this difficult time.

Brandy Wilson's body was recovered on 5/5.

They're continuing to search for Ally Berry-Wilson's body.

Hoping for recovery soon...answers...(feels wrong to say 'good news' or 'closure').

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back