GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a great idea, if it's just a matter of scheduling conflicts. Lawyers are known for their 2 hour lunches. How about they skip it and meet during lunch. When it comes to bringing justice, I call BS on scheduling conflicts being the cause for no charges being brought. I'm going to assume either

1. LE's case isn't as strong as they think
2. The DA doesn't have the nerve to proceed with charges despite having the evidence or
3. Might there be a concern or issue with double jeopardy some how between these lesser charges and murder charges?

Infuriating that they go on TV and announce there will be charges forthcoming and then they delay it and then NOTHING!

I passed by the Kenner house where MAS and TS lived. It had been empty for a while but now has occupants. I can't imagine it would be MAS unless she is supporting the house by having lowlife friends and drug buddies staying there and helping to pay bills. I'll have to pass by again and check it out again.

Ok, new thought on the silence because I want to be the eternal optimist. Let's say LE and the DA did meet, would they ever say anything to the public? If the decision was there wasn't enough evidence, they probably wouldn't say anything publicly because it would shake the public's confidence in LE. BUT, the other thing I was thinking is what if they did meet and did determine there was enough to pursue charges. Would they announce that publicly? NO!!! They would quietly go before a grand jury, get an indictment/arrest warrants and arrest the individuals before making any kind of public announcement. They wouldn't want to tip MAS off to the fact that charges, in fact, are coming. Soooooo, the hopeful side of me says it's this latter situation and one day I will check in and see that charges have been filed.

What are the chances LE is ready to go already but just feel they can't until they get the results back. If they file charges before getting the results back, would it open up a defense argument that LE charged their clients before knowing if some evidence would have been exculpatory or point to someone else? I know there is a backup and I know everyone feels their case should jump to the front of the line, but it's been almost a year, what was done in this case was particularly gruesome and other cases have certainly been handled faster and I think it's about time the tests be done and results turned over.

SEC. 97-29-25. Desecration of cemetery; desecration of human corpse.

(1) (a) Every person who shall knowingly and willfully dig up, except as otherwise provided by law, obliterate, or in any way desecrate any cemetery where human dead are interred, or cause through word, deed or action the same to happen, shall upon conviction be imprisoned for not more than one (1) year in the county jail or fined not more than Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00), or both, in the discretion of the court. In addition to any penalties that the court is otherwise authorized to impose the court may, in its discretion, order such restitution as it deems appropriate.

(b) In construing this subsection (1), a cemetery shall mean any plot of ground (i) on which are grave markers of stone, wood, metal or any other material recognizable as marking graves, or (ii) the boundaries of which are defined by a recorded plat, a fence line or corner markers, or trees, or are defined in any other discernible manner.

(2) (a) Every person who shall knowingly and willfully dig up, except as otherwise provided by law, or in any way desecrate any corpse or remains of any human being, or cause through word, deed or action the same to happen, shall upon conviction be guilty of a felony and shall be imprisoned for not more than three (3) years or fined not more than Five Thousand Dollars ($5,000.00), or both, in the discretion of the court.

(b) The prohibitions of this subsection (2) shall not apply to the good faith harvesting of any organ for transplant or to any good faith use of a cadaver or body part for medical or scientific education or research.

I can only presume this is the statute that desecration charges would be brought under, particularly under section 2. I'm not sure what is vague and ambiguous about that statute. Perhaps the fact that the statute doesn't define what consititutes "desecration"? But surely, if what happened to Jaren doesn't constitute "desecration" nothing does. Just my two cents.

Bumping for Jaren!!

Its hard to believe it has been almost a year now & we're still waiting!!

:bump:

We're nearing the one year anniversary of Jaren's murder and dismemberment. There have been no charges. A year later, we're still waiting on "tests" to come back because labs are "backlogged."

I'm gonna go ahead and say it...
If Jaren had been middle class, a college student, a teacher, a stay-at-home mom...
we'd have answers or at least the entire community would be screaming for answers & charges.

Where is Jaren's justice?

:bump:

We're nearing the one year anniversary of Jaren's murder and dismemberment. There have been no charges. A year later, we're still waiting on "tests" to come back because labs are "backlogged."

I'm gonna go ahead and say it...
If Jaren had been middle class, a college student, a teacher, a stay-at-home mom...
we'd have answers or at least the entire community would be screaming for answers & charges.

Where is Jaren's justice?

It's true. It's really sad but it's true. The media took the word "stripper" and stamped it on her face. The things people assumed and said about her.... Terrible. This poor girl... We are waiting for your justice Jaren. Waiting with you.

It really pisses me off that while Jaren couldn't be given a proper repected burial, one part thanks to MS and TS second part thanks to MSM, Margaret is allegedly galloping around Vegas doing her fire breathing/dancing thing. She best get used to dancing around and breathing fire... I hear there's a whole lot of it where she's going.

It's true. It's really sad but it's true. The media took the word "stripper" and stamped it on her face. The things people assumed and said about her.... Terrible. This poor girl... We are waiting for your justice Jaren. Waiting with you.

It really pisses me off that while Jaren couldn't be given a proper repected burial, one part thanks to MS and TS second part thanks to MSM, Margaret is allegedly galloping around Vegas doing her fire breathing/dancing thing. She best get used to dancing around and breathing fire... I hear there's a whole lot of it where she's going.

IMHO some cases should get expedited handling, and it has nothing to do with one's skin color, income, job or who they're related to. When a crime exhibits such ruthlessness and a complete lack of humanity, such as dismembering someone, such a case should receive expedited handling. I understand back logs. I understand every case is important and I hate trying to say one takes priority over another, but when a case is so gruesome, regardless of who is involved, it needs answers as soon as can can be reasonably and accurately given.

IMHO some cases should get expedited handling, and it has nothing to do with one's skin color, income, job or who they're related to. When a crime exhibits such ruthlessness and a complete lack of humanity, such as dismembering someone, such a case should receive expedited handling. I understand back logs. I understand every case is important and I hate trying to say one takes priority over another, but when a case is so gruesome, regardless of who is involved, it needs answers as soon as can can be reasonably and accurately given.

I 100% agree with you. All murders are terrible. But one like this... If the evidence they're waiting on could possibly prevent another like this... The need to put a rush on that shiz.

This family and her friends need closure. It's been so long.

This is so ridiculous. It's very unfortunate they haven't been able to find the evidence they need yet, in order to convict these individuals.

I wonder if LE ever looked into Speaks and his credentials and the possibility that he was committing insurance fraud? Maybe that would at least keep him behind bars for a little bit longer.

It starting to seem like this crazy drug addicted duo may be smarter than I've given them credit for! Sad. Sad. Sad. I hope I am wrong and LE make an arrest soon.

It starting to seem like this crazy drug addicted duo may be smarter than I've given them credit for! Sad. Sad. Sad. I hope I am wrong and LE make an arrest soon.

Totally agree. It makes one wonder about our LE everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77