GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 1m1 minute ago

Surprising defense attorney declines to give closing statement. It was their last chance to convince jury Speaks is innocent. #TerrySpeaks
What could an attorney possibly say that would come across as credible, and not downright foolish. It's not a good idea to insult a jury.

Rob Krieger retweeted
CJ Mordock ‏@CJMordock 13m13 minutes ago New Orleans, LA

State does a paint by numbers 1st close. Good stuff and emotion saved for rebuttal. Defense takes that away by not giving close.

Wow! I'm surprised the defense declined to give a closing statement. Perhaps it was because Terry Speaks was such a good witness for them. LOL! :liar::liar::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:He pretty much may have sealed the deal for the prosecution.:jail:

Andy Cunningham ‏@CunninghamWDSU 1m1 minute ago

UPDATE: The jury in the #TerrySpeaks murder trial now has the case #JarenLockhart @wdsu

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 5m5 minutes ago

Judge: Ten of the 12 jurors must agree in order to reach a verdict. Jury retiring to deliberations. Court in recess. #TerrySpeaks @FOX8NOLA

Paul Purpura ‏@ppurpura 3m3 minutes ago

Jury leaves court to begin deliberating on whether Terry Speaks is guilty of killing and dismembering Jaren Lockhart. @NOLAnews

Andy Cunningham ‏@CunninghamWDSU 2m2 minutes ago

Deliberations are underway in the Terry Speaks murder trial. I'll have a live report in minutes on @WDSU News at SIX!
1 retweet 0 favorites

Andrea Shaw ‏@andreashaw07 15m15 minutes ago

Jury deliberation underway in Terry Speaks trial. #JarenLockhart http://bit.ly/1IU1mlR

Thanks again for the tweets, Queenie. :tyou:

:cupcake: :cupcake:

And a big :cheers: to all the reporters who have tweeted and reported to keep us up to the minute.

Does anyone think there will be a decision today.
I think the verdict will be guilty - defense only had "she went with someone else"
None of the evidence goes along with what they say happened.
Toast for Speaks :jail:

What could an attorney possibly say that would come across as credible, and not downright foolish. It's not a good idea to insult a jury.

It wasn't just that. I prevented the DA from appealing to the jury's passions. It sounds like they gave a nuts and bolts closing, saving the more damning type of closing for rebuttal. By not giving it, it was a calculated move that they would actually lose more by giving a closing but allowing the prosecution to then give a rebuttal.

Another point I didn't hear hit on, maybe it was or maybe I didn't understand it. Speaks said Jaren was never in their car. Then how did they get her to Iberville and Burgundy?

could be a verdict anytime! i was just wondering how late he will let them deliberate and if he will let them deliberate over the weekend or have them come back monday?

i wish we had a little more scoop :D

Does anyone think there will be a decision today.
I think the verdict will be guilty - defense only had "she went with someone else"
None of the evidence goes along with what they say happened.
Toast for Speaks :jail:

They got the case late in the day, but a weekend is a strong motivation for jurors. Assuming the Judge lets them go as long as they can, I suspect it will come back today.

could be a verdict anytime! i was just wondering how late he will let them deliberate and if he will let them deliberate over the weekend or have them come back monday?

i wish we had a little more scoop :D

Every Judge is different, but from the little I've been reading of this Judge, I bet he lets them go for a couple of hours and then will leave it up to the jury. Maybe ask them if they feel like they'd like to continue deliberating or call it a night and come back Monday.

Andy Cunningham ‏@CunninghamWDSU 3m3 minutes ago

Jurors have asked for photos of inside/outside of the Kenner home where Terry Speaks & Margaret Sanchez were living @wdsu #JarenLockhart

2nd question if anyone knows. Was Speaks ever asked where those boots are now? My impression was he still had them. Also, was he ever asked why he still had them? Or how it is he came to have them if she never got in their car?

Also wish they would have hammered his lying ways a lot more. Maybe they did and it just wasn't tweeted, but hell, Speaks said on the stand he'd lie to avoid charges.

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 3m3 minutes ago

Jury asking for photos of interior & exterior of Speaks & Sanchez' home, stills from Temptations locker room, & pics of car.

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 2m2 minutes ago

Jury also requesting a diagram of items found in the trunk of car, that won't be provided because it is a writing. Photos will be provided

Andy Cunningham ‏@CunninghamWDSU 4m4 minutes ago

They have also requested still images from inside the lockeroom of Temptations as well as pictures of Speaks' car #JarenLockhart

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back