LA - Kaylene Herodias, 4 mos, shaken to death, twin injured, Denham Springs, May 2010

the ol 'if i cant have them no one can' psychotic argument kim :(

I agree kbl8201. It's sick. I hope he frys.

I looked for an update on the condition of the baby this morning and can not find anything.

I hope the autopsy reports on the baby that passed are back tomorrow so the murder charge can be placed on Herodias.

Update:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/93372984.html

Snipped:

A 4-month-old Denham Springs girl who remains hospitalized after the death of her twin sister is making progress, a family member said Monday.

Kayla Herring “even wiggled her foot for us” Monday, said her aunt, Freda Mills.

The father of the child said he may have played too roughly with her, Jason Ard, chief criminal deputy for the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office, said Monday.

Though still being kept sedated, the child opened her eyes Monday and was aware of those around her, Mills said.

“She isn’t out of the woods yet,” but she’s getting better, said Mills, who is the sister of the child’s mother.

Ard said Herodias told investigators he had tossed the child in the air while playing with her.

A doctor reported that the surviving child’s injuries were consistent with shaken baby syndrome, said Perry Rushing, chief of operations for the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office.

It could be two weeks or more before all of the information is available from the autopsy on the child who died and a ruling is rendered on the cause of death, the chief criminal deputy said.

Doctors found subdural hematomas that are consistent with shaken baby syndrome, Rushing said.

So, the father says he may have played too roughly....well :waitasec:

One child is dead and the other is in very serious condition with injuries that resemble shaken baby syndrome. No way "rough play" caused this.

Keep talking "dad" all the way to Angola State Pen.

Good gravy, I am so sad today. When wil it end.

OT but have any of you ever considered or had the need to take a hiatus from WS for mental health reasons? It is just so sad, day after day after day, the same ole stories about poor defenseless children being neglected, abused, shaken, kicked, raped, etc.

I am feeling heartsick today.

OT but have any of you ever considered or had the need to take a hiatus from WS for mental health reasons? It is just so sad, day after day after day, the same ole stories about poor defenseless children being neglected, abused, shaken, kicked, raped, etc.

Yes I have. I followed Somer's case very close and while that was really going, Shaniya was sold/raped/killed and I followed that case really close. I was about to go crazy and had to step away for a while.

But, when I came back, I had to go back and read EVERYTHING that happened while I was gone and then pick up after, so it made it worse on me.

I have to really try to limit my time here. Sometimes I'm not too good at doing that.

'might have played roughly'. this kind of idiotic statment is called 'minimizing' 'see i didnt really mean to do that' essentially.

typical perp talk.

IKWYM Kimberlyd125, the Shaniya case really got alot of us. Maybe I should just take a note form you and pull back a bit, but not completely. TY for your personal insight.

I'm feeling the same thing you guys are. Sometimes I just feel sick at the things going on. I also know that I have been bringing a lot of these stories back to the forefront with my investigation of the sentences. While I am pretty exhausted from doing this from morning until night for a while now, the thing it mostly does it makes me want to work harder. I want justice for these children and as we have seen, most of them aren't getting it. I have to find a way to help change that. Hence, my database. I'm now also trying to track judges and prosecutors names. I want to know the names of the prosecutors who are cutting these deals. I want to know the names of the judges that are letting these monsters out on our streets. And I want them to know that I know and that we all know. As painful as it is, we seem to be the only ones who really care about these children. So, I hurt for them because no one else does and I can't stand that. I always make a point of writing down their names and their ages in my notes, because I don't want them to be just stories and statistics. I want their lives to have counted for something, even if only to me. I'm sorry if all of this sounds goofy. I've been doing so many of these cases and it is but a drop of rain in an ocean. I will keep going because something has to make a difference.

I'm feeling the same thing you guys are. Sometimes I just feel sick at the things going on. I also know that I have been bringing a lot of these stories back to the forefront with my investigation of the sentences. While I am pretty exhausted from doing this from morning until night for a while now, the thing it mostly does it makes me want to work harder. I want justice for these children and as we have seen, most of them aren't getting it. I have to find a way to help change that. Hence, my database. I'm now also trying to track judges and prosecutors names. I want to know the names of the prosecutors who are cutting these deals. I want to know the names of the judges that are letting these monsters out on our streets. And I want them to know that I know and that we all know. As painful as it is, we seem to be the only ones who really care about these children. So, I hurt for them because no one else does and I can't stand that. I always make a point of writing down their names and their ages in my notes, because I don't want them to be just stories and statistics. I want their lives to have counted for something, even if only to me. I'm sorry if all of this sounds goofy. I've been doing so many of these cases and it is but a drop of rain in an ocean. I will keep going because something has to make a difference.

Does not sound goofy at all. Bless your heart for the work you are doing. It means a lot!

Belinda, I've been searching for updates on this case today. I can't find anything.

Since you are so good at digging up info on perps, I thought I'd ask you to give it a try!!!

I'd love to know what's going on with the "fathers" criminal case.

I also wonder how the baby girl is doing.

I have tlcox, several times in fact, as well as many others. Everyone here understands that need. :blowkiss:

I cannot find a single tidbit of information on this case. Not a single news story past the original arrest. He doesn't show up in Vinelink. He doesn't have a criminal record. No access to inmate records at the Livingston Parish Detention Center. It's early yet, so hopefully something will turn up soon. I was hoping for at least an update on the baby, but nothing.

I cannot find a single tidbit of information on this case. Not a single news story past the original arrest. He doesn't show up in Vinelink. He doesn't have a criminal record. No access to inmate records at the Livingston Parish Detention Center. It's early yet, so hopefully something will turn up soon. I was hoping for at least an update on the baby, but nothing.

Thanks so much for trying Belinda! I really appreciate it.
I guess it is too early and we will have to be patient.

Prayers to the family. Prayers for the baby girl.

Can not get this case out of my head. Some digging this morning found a little bit of info.

This article is from Aug. 12, 2010.
http://www.kplctv.com/global/story.asp?s=12968369
Snipped:
LIVINGSTON, La. (AP) - A Denham Springs man has been booked with first-degree murder in the death of his 4-month-old daughter.

The Livingston Parish sheriff says 20-year-old Eduardo Kyle Herodias has been in jail since early May on allegations to trying to kill the victim's twin sister.

Sheriff's investigator Jason Ard says Kaylene Herodias died on May 6 and her sister was severely injured at the same time. Family members told The Advocate that the survivor is improving, although she has some fluid on her brain and an eye problem.

Trying to find updates on this case. Can't find ANYTHING!

It's been over two years since this happened.

I never can find updates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back