LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested* #2

In australia we have government run home-schooling we call distance education or school of the air
We also have parents who do it themselves instead - or at least we used to. All they had to do was fill out a form and write some stuff explaining what they were doing and send it the government which I heard was very easy even if you were very alternative like unschooling or freeschooling etc. However a few years ago the federal government introduced a 'national curriculum' which spells out minimum requirements that all schools traditional and untraditional must meet to mixed reactions, and I dont know how that has effected home-schooling here.

Something possibly small I’ve noticed, but maybe not, y’all—Sheila’s hair looks like it has both highlights and lowlights. At first I thought she could be doing a box at home, but it looks like it was done in a salon—where someone would be closely touching her hair and scalp for a couple of hours. The smell described at the house is not something she could have had on her there and not be noticed. Same for both of their workplaces, but salons do involve more physical contact. I just don’t think they were there in the house, at least in the final stages of Lacey’s life, but I feel like we would know about any alternative properties from records and witness accounts. I’m utterly mystified bc logic says they weren’t there except for “visits” but an alternative residence would have materialized by now?

Something possibly small I’ve noticed, but maybe not, y’all—Sheila’s hair looks like it has both highlights and lowlights. At first I thought she could be doing a box at home, but it looks like it was done in a salon—where someone would be closely touching her hair and scalp for a couple of hours. The smell described at the house is not something she could have had on her there and not be noticed. Same for both of their workplaces, but salons do involve more physical contact. I just don’t think they were there in the house, at least in the final stages of Lacey’s life, but I feel like we would know about any alternative properties from records and witness accounts. I’m utterly mystified bc logic says they weren’t there except for “visits” but an alternative residence would have materialized by now?
Great observation!
I too feel that the smell would have permeated anyone else living there… hate writing that, omg.
Maybe that’s one of the reasons for a guilty plea? To not have all that stuff come out?

Monster parents literally allowed their daughter to die a slow death, moo.

1709402800497.png

Justice for Lacey

‘The things that happened to Lacey are horrible. But they cared for her daily. Sheila Fletcher would come home at lunch every day to care and eat lunch with her daughter every single day. She slept on the couch, with her daughter every night,’ the Daily Mail reported.

Despite all this, questions remain. How could any human allow another to die in such a horrific way; let alone supposedly loving parents. And with so much support available, why did the Fletchers never seek help?

She was left to die on a maggot-infested couch. Why did her parents do nothing?
Feb 13, 2024

Monster parents literally allowed their daughter to die a slow death, moo.

View attachment 487490

Justice for Lacey

‘The things that happened to Lacey are horrible. But they cared for her daily. Sheila Fletcher would come home at lunch every day to care and eat lunch with her daughter every single day. She slept on the couch, with her daughter every night,’ the Daily Mail reported.

Despite all this, questions remain. How could any human allow another to die in such a horrific way; let alone supposedly loving parents. And with so much support available, why did the Fletchers never seek help?

She was left to die on a maggot-infested couch. Why did her parents do nothing?
Feb 13, 2024
BS she did!

i cannot believe the posture they left her sedentary in for years.
that is not love.... that is not care.... that is ABUSE. that is MURDER.

warning: video shows a pic of lacey deceased on coroner's table, facedown, but you can see how she was postured. oh my god. do not watch with weak stomach.

It was established upthread that they were not living with her. Sorry I don’t know where the post is but it’s when the police were interviewed by AB. There was more than one episode.

He said that the odor was so bad leading up to the house that one of them had to step away to throw up. He said they all had mask on and they had odor on them and their clothing after leaving the house.

Rodent droppings everywhere, dead rodents on the furniture and fire place, maggots, etc. He said she had been leaking from the sofa for so long that the wood floor below the sofa was buckled from the liquids (they showed that photo). He said he has never seen anything like that throughout his career and he has been a detective for years.

So there is no way that they were having lunch on the sofa or were anywhere in that house.

They also showed photos of the autopsy so that people would know the condition she was in and the extent of the negligence.

Great observation!
I too feel that the smell would have permeated anyone else living there… hate writing that, omg.
Maybe that’s one of the reasons for a guilty plea? To not have all that stuff come out?

It was established upthread that they were not living with her. Sorry I don’t know where the post is but it’s when the police were interviewed by AB. There was more than one episode.

He said that the odor was so bad leading up to the house that one of them had to step away to throw up. He said they all had mask on and they had odor on them and their clothing after leaving the house.

Rodent droppings everywhere, dead rodents on the furniture and fire place, maggots, etc. He said she had been leaking from the sofa for so long that the wood floor below the sofa was buckled from the liquids (they showed that photo). He said he has never seen anything like that throughout his career and he has been a detective for years.

So there is no way that they were having lunch on the sofa or were anywhere in that house.

They also showed photos of the autopsy so that people would know the condition she was in and the extent of the negligence.
I’m still so confused because the NewsNation reporter went to their house where Lacey died and their cars were there, so it appears they are now there, and those pics were so beyond horrific that it would seem they hadn’t seen her in forever :( but at the same time, she must have had some sustenance to not have passed before then?

Yes, guilty plea so the facts didn’t come out because they are deplorable.

They found couch foam in her stomach, she had been trying to stay alive by eating what was in her little range of motion :mad:

Where were her grandparents?

I’m still so confused because the NewsNation reporter went to their house where Lacey died and their cars were there, so it appears they are now there, and those pics were so beyond horrific that it would seem they hadn’t seen her in forever :( but at the same time, she must have had some sustenance to not have passed before then?

I think we can assume they had been around her somewhat shortly before death - Lacey tested positive for Covid.

Lacey's case is so very sad. And also so odd, IMO. I'd expect to see more information coming out about the family besides the tidbits from a handful of neighbors and former classmates. Where are the usual types seeking their 15 minutes of fame? Instead, it seems like a circling the wagons situation. Lacey's parents obviously had a support system judging by the entourage trying to protect them from media. So why didn't they engage it to get help with their daughter? A part of me wonders if maybe they did, and if their abuse and neglect of Lacey wasn't perhaps known to, or even encouraged by, some members of their inner social circle? MOO, but I'd generally expect more people who knew them to denounce what happened to Lacey, or at the very least distance themselves from the couple. JMO

She was eating the sofa from starvation. She was too weak to get food for herself. Who knows when they last fed her.

I don’t know anything about their cars being there or if the scene has been cleared but the detective said he could only offer little information about where they were living because of the investigation.

This is truly a case of dark psychological abuse across the board. The only reason I can think of for them wanting to keep her around is collecting her disability.

It’s very peculiar and I hope to find out more about her parents. They don’t appear like drug addicts or criminals but this is horrific and I’d like to know the root of it.

It’s too bad that we don’t get to see them on trial.

She was eating the sofa from starvation. She was too weak to get food for herself. Who knows when they last fed her.

I don’t know anything about their cars being there or if the scene has been cleared but the detective said he could only offer little information about where they were living because of the investigation.

This is truly a case of dark psychological abuse across the board. The only reason I can think of for them wanting to keep her around is collecting her disability.

It’s very peculiar and I hope to find out more about her parents. They don’t appear like drug addicts or criminals but this is horrific and I’d like to know the root of it.

Re "Collecting her disability"

Wow
I never even thought about it!

Is it possible? :oops:
Without any medic checking on disabled person?
You know, filling in some tables in medical forms with info?
I thought inspections are necessary to get such money for carers/disabled person.

JMO

Re "Collecting her disability"

Wow
I never even thought about it!

Is it possible? :oops:
Without any medic checking on disabled person?
You know, filling in some tables in medical forms with info?
I thought inspections are necessary to get such money for carers/disabled person.

JMO

Not to my knowledge. If they are permanently disabled there is nothing to keep track of as they will not be entering the workforce again.

If it’s a matter of short term rehabilitation then I think you need to log it.

I’m not entirely sure though, I could be very mistaken.

But how could she have been getting disability? She hadn’t been to a Physician since she was a teenager.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back