LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it goes to trial so everyone can see what these two so called parents did to their child. However, depending on circumstances, there could be a plea, but too often when there is a plea deal, the charge gets dropped (like in the Heidi Broussard case and many others)-- and the perps winds up with a watered down sentence--- which does not yield proper justice for the decedent or the families of the victims.
If they plead guilty, won't the Discovery still be available to the public?

If they plead guilty, won't the Discovery still be available to the public?
It will- if people care enough to find it- just look at the Broussard case--- that case should have garnered huge attention, but then the pandemic came along and knocked it off the front pages. My guess is that not that many people really know about the plea deal. I might not know if i wasn't on this site. Trials by their very nature garner much more attention than a plea deal.

This just goes way beyond. These parents are scheming, vile people. Not sure if it would apply here, but given the horrific nature, I would go for the Death penalty. Were there not any other family members that might have checked in after not seeing her for so long, or a simple call to Social Services.

Last edited:
This just goes way beyond. These parents are scheming, vile people. Not sure if it would apply here, but given the horrific nature, I would go for the Death penalty. Were there not any other family members that might have checked in after not seeing her for so long, or a simple call to Social Services.

My guess is that the death penalty is not on the table, though, like you, I believe it should be considered. They tortured their own daughter, their flesh and blood for years and years- my guess is that when outsiders questioned how she was doing they had answers ready to shut those people up. They didn't want anyone to know what was going on in that house. They are despicable and vile and I would hope they spend the rest of their lives in prison ( though I have to say, that our justice system leaves much to be desired).

I was interested in familiarizing myself again with the details of this horrific case. This is a good summary- at this point the parents were not charged. There is an issue of "intent'- that is the prosecution will have to prove intent--- that may not be as easy to prove as we may initially think. The parents say over and over that "she would not leave the couch"- on its face that is an absurd statement. When you read the details of how she was found on the couch you might want to retch. The people who saw her after death will most likely never get over what they witnessed. Lacey was described as having feces shoved into her face. From another article I read, the parents are out on 300,000 bond and have pleaded not guilty-- the charge I believe is 2nd degree murder.

With the issue of intent being so prominent, I am thinking is the prosecution feels they will not be able to prove intent, they might take a plea. Just my 2cents

I was interested in familiarizing myself again with the details of this horrific case. This is a good summary- at this point the parents were not charged. There is an issue of "intent'- that is the prosecution will have to prove intent--- that may not be as easy to prove as we may initially think. The parents say over and over that "she would not leave the couch"- on its face that is an absurd statement. When you read the details of how she was found on the couch you might want to retch. The people who saw her after death will most likely never get over what they witnessed. Lacey was described as having feces shoved into her face. From another article I read, the parents are out on 300,000 bond and have pleaded not guilty-- the charge I believe is 2nd degree murder.

With the issue of intent being so prominent, I am thinking is the prosecution feels they will not be able to prove intent, they might take a plea. Just my 2cents
Is the link above showing poor Lacey deceased in the couch? Or is that "pareidolia" or some other thing I must have created in my own horrified mind? Disgusting and evil regardless.

If they plead guilty or accept some sort of deal, would they still be subjected to details of what Lacey suffered? Like at the sentencing? I just really don't want them to avoid facing what they did and what they put her through. She at least deserves the acknowledgement of the two people who brought her into the world and cruelly took her out of it.

@evilwise Your assessment is very interesting. What do you think is the most fitting medical term for this phenomenon?

I am not a psychologist and my post is in no way meant to be interpreted as a medical diagnosis. In fact, I don't believe the concept of contagious mental illness is a part of the DSM

What comes to mind is codependency.

Thanks to @LeahBee for her great post.

I also anticipate a plea deal but probably for a dramatically reduced charge with no jail time. I'm sure they'll have no problem serving probation even for years.
I don't know. The DA has stated several times that he will not accept a plea. Regardless, I feel the DA wants the world to hear the horrific details.

I don't know. The DA has stated several times that he will not accept a plea. Regardless, I feel the DA wants the world to hear the horrific details.
I hope they don't let these two disgusting so called parents take a plea, but you never know: The Courts are so packed with cases, they often take pleas to take pressure off the court system. It makes me furious in so many cases

Am torn between a trial or not tbh. I hope Lacey gets justice and that those disgusting people get maximum sentences, but, Lacey's memory is always, always going to be this horrendous ordeal that the world is now aware of. Whilst it is good (?) it has come to light all I can think of is what Lacey would think about this - her life and death open for everyone to learn about, there is no humanity, dignity or respect for her in the way she was treated. She wasn't given that in her life from her parents but she deserves it from them in in her death. They should admit their guilt and accept a maximum sentence, for Lacey's memory , this shouldn't go to trial - for actual and appropriate justice for her, it should.
It breaks my heart to think there is no one to remember who she was in between school years and the time of her death except these 2 evil people. If we hear a trial, I feel that all we will hear from these or on behalf of these is how Lacey wouldn't accept help etc, and I just don't buy it and I don't want to hear their version of events, because it will be bulls*#t and there is absolutely nothing they can say that will make me think anything different. The only word I want to hear from them or on behalf of them is the word GUILTY.
Lacey's sad story gets me everytime, shatters my heart into a million pieces thinking of her and how she lived and died.

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members