LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.

These two are charged with 2nd degree murder- they pled not guilty last year. There is a photo of them as well as of their daughter. I have to make a correction on one of my posts: I described them as "abusers"- since they are charged with 2nd degree murder, I am changing that description to "alleged murderers" since they have not been convicted- yet- "abusers" is too mild a description for their indefensible inaction and neglect.

I just listened to what the news person said and it is as follows "Lacy was found dead on the couch while her parents were allegedly ON VACATION". Well, not only did they they watch her rot on the couch when they were there, but they left her alone while they went on vacation. OMG- that puts the finishing touches on this case for me.

Last edited:

These two are charged with 2nd degree murder- they pled not guilty last year. There is a photo of them as well as of their daughter. I have to make a correction on one of my posts: I described them as "abusers"- since they are charged with 2nd degree murder, I am changing that description to "alleged murderers" since they have not been convicted- yet- "abusers" is too mild a description for their indefensible inaction and neglect.

I just listened to what the news person said and it is as follows "Lacy was found dead on the couch while her parents were allegedly ON VACATION". Well, not only did they they watch her rot on the couch when they were there, but they left her alone while they went on vacation. OMG- that puts the finishing touches on this case for me.
If she couldn’t/wouldn’t get up from the couch… and they knew that… and they went on vacation… they literally, allegedly, chose to let her starve to death. I just can’t.

Moo as always

If she couldn’t/wouldn’t get up from the couch… and they knew that… and they went on vacation… they literally, allegedly, chose to let her starve to death. I just can’t.

Moo as always
Or Lacey passed while they were home, and they decide to leave so they can return under the guise of innocence and have a third party help “discover” her body.

I believe she died and they probably took a day or two without even noticing. Lacey must have been catatonic or comatose before finally succumbing to neglect.

I hope they are found guilty and spend the rest of their lives in prison. Nobody can ever imagine the pain and suffering Lacey experienced.

Was there no extended family that ever wondered about her? That ever came to the home?
You make a good point about other family members- it is such an odd set of circumstances- you would think that other family members would have wondered about her- maybe they did but the parents put them off --telling them everything was ok- or other words that made them think everything was fine. It is possible that these parents did everything they could to keep people away from their home for over 10 years!!!!!!

I mentioned that I reached out to the DA Sam D'Aquilla via email last week asking if he could confirm if June 19th is still the trial date or if there wil be a plea deal and he replied yesterday: "It’s set for 6.19.23 probably no trial but set for that day - Sam." So I am not sure if that means a hearing for motions for a trial or just a straight up plea agreement? We wait.

I am betting it is for pretrial motions. I am one of the few who do not anticipate a plea agreement. I think these [unusual parents] are deluded enough to think they will just explain all this away.

This seems highly premeditated to me. Why not first degree? Just because it took days to weeks to succumb doesn't make it any less premeditated than a shooting or stabbing. I would contend that this outcome requires premeditation and an ongoing commitment to the plan.

I just happened upon this case today, have only read the first 2 and last 2 pages so far....

Was it ever mentioned who discovered Laceys body while the parents were on vacation? Or was it the parents who reported her death after they returned?

Any word from former teachers or classmates from way back before she started being homeschooled during her High School years?

I mentioned that I reached out to the DA Sam D'Aquilla via email last week asking if he could confirm if June 19th is still the trial date or if there wil be a plea deal and he replied yesterday: "It’s set for 6.19.23 probably no trial but set for that day - Sam." So I am not sure if that means a hearing for motions for a trial or just a straight up plea agreement? We wait.
You are awesome!!! My guess is there will be a plea deal and if that is the case it would be very
Disappointing-- these parentsl monsters dont want the horrific truth to be revealed-And
The courts are so busy that prosecutors will settle cases and avoid trial if at all possible.

Moo..just neglect ..they did not abuse her..they just did nothing. This happens more often when people care for elderly or disabled people. Just lack of knowledge and/or lack of mental energy. If there was support and education...because this is becoming more the normal...take care of your family member ..no matter how broken or violent they are. .. moo
Agree with the taking care of your family member/loved one, but only if you're prepared to do absolutely everything you can to ensure they have a healthy, safe and happy life. If you can't do that, then other places/people should be found to support your loved one/family member - that's just moo
Respectfully disagree with first statement completely - Neglect is categorised as a form of abuse along with physical abuse, financial abuse, emotional abuse, act of omission, coercive control, sexual abuse etc.

Moo

Judge tosses out murder charges for parents whose daughter died on rotting couch; DA seeks to re-indict

Sheila and Clay Fletcher's charges for second-degree murder were tossed out by Judge Kathryn Jones due to an issue related to the language in the original charging documents. District Attorney Sam D'Aquilla tells WBRZ his office plans to present the case before a grand jury once again on June 19 to seek new indictments.
I surely hope they get a second shot at indicting these [unusual persons].

I wonder what was wrong with the original charging docs? I've never heard of this sort of situation before so am super curious what defect in those docs was found that warranted tossing the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong