LA - Madison Brooks, 19, LSU Student Was Allegedly Raped Before She Was Fatally Struck by Car, Jan 2023 *4 Men Arrested*

Haven’t seen info on what her original ride plans were, if any. She appears in camera footage to follow them to their car. (Personally, I question whether they ever intended to ride her home.)

According to an affidavit, one of the suspects, Casen Carver, stated that he did not know Madison Brooks and had never seen her before. He said that when he and the others were leaving the bar, Brooks walked with them.

During an interview with detectives on Jan. 16, Carver reportedly stated that while walking to his car from the bar, Brooks "was very unstable on her feet, was not able to keep her balance, and was unable to speak clearly without slurring her words," the affidavits stated.

Carver reportedly told detectives that she had asked for a ride home and "he admitted that he agreed to give her the ride because he did not want to leave her while very intoxicated and the bar was closing," according to the affidavits.

Carver stated he asked for Brooks' address but "she fell over and could not answer him," according to the affidavits.

This doesn't make any sense! So, she was capable of consenting to having sex with TWO men, but was so intoxicated that she couldn't give her address and "fell over"? Disgusting. They have blood on their hands.

Here she is, coordinated and RUNNING to catch up to them.
I'm confused. The reports say she was highly inebriated, but yet she seems very much coordinated in this video. She hardly seems fall down drunk at this point. Could she have consumed more alcohol after she got in the car?

The girl runs across the carpark, allegedly with alcohol level .0319%, THC in her system (Police report), probably in high heels. That's like 20 glasses of wine, bordering alcohol poisoning where the person could not stand.

Minutes later Maddison can't communicate her home address.

Washington allegedly has been accused in another case AIMOO.

"Kaivon Washington ~ is now facing a first-degree rape charge in Livingston Parish for a separate alleged incident that took place in Walker in 2020."

Last edited:
Where the victim was dropped off, is less than 10 minutes from Reggies. The timeline will be interesting.

Did they head in the direction of the victims home? What street is the victims home?
<modsnip - no source link for map image>

Last edited by a moderator:
The girl runs across the carpark, allegedly with alcohol level .0319%, THC in her system (Police report), probably in high heels. That's like 20 glasses of wine, bordering alcohol poisoning where the person could not stand.

"Kaivon Washington ~ is now facing a first-degree rape charge in Livingston Parish for a separate alleged incident that took place in Walker in 2020."
So now he faces a first-degree rape charge in Livingstone Parish that taook place in 2020, and a third-degree rape charge for Madison. They need to get this guy off the streets. JMO.

Hi, HVD! Glad to have you aboard! I anticipate you will be a great asset to the threads.

I read in one of the articles that someone in the group removed the baseball cap Madison was wearing while at Reggie's. Perhaps the person placed it on their own head. My eyes do not see as well as I'd like so I am not able to tell from the released videos if anyone in the group was wearing a cap. If the person I believe is Madison in the video, her blond hair is long and flowing freely.

I cannot place her in high heels while alone and wearing a baseball cap at a dive, albeit, a popular bar, like Reggie's. imho

I inserted an interactive map in the thread that indicates Tigerland is a high crime area. Tigerland, where Reggie's is located, is immediately south of LSU's campus. Hence, they would need to be driving her N, most likely. I have not seen it mentioned precisely where MB resided but she was in a Sorority so she was likely either living on campus or residing in nearby off-campus housing.

This informative news article gives details about the dangers of the area:

BATON ROUGE, La. – The same night LSU sophomore Madison Brooks died, a ride-share driver said he drove two "muddy, bloodied and bruised" LSU students home who were mugged across the street from the bar where Brooks was last seen alive.
As LSU reels from Madison Brooks alleged rape and death, crime torments college town

So we have all seen the video of her running across the parking lot not looking like someone that was according to authorities, highly intoxicated. Is it possible she was slipped GHB or something similar either right before she left the bar or in the car?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron Haley is representing Washington. He said, “Mr. Washington and his mother cooperated with the investigation two years ago, and law enforcement took no action. Upon the review of the new statement from a witness that came forward yesterday, we are concerned not only of the timing of this statement, but whether it meets the threshold of probable cause.”

According to the prosecutions theory she was not capable of walking …yet now we know she was capable of RUNNING
Only before she got into the car. She would not be able to run at a BAC of .319 (police report). This supports my theory that they gave her/forced her to drink alcohol after she got into the car.

My opinion is that the video of her running is a short clip and perhaps not indicative of her over all capacity to function. It’s possible she consumed more alcohol in the car. There is that point in inebriation where a wall is hit, so to speak, and the adrenaline cannot keep up and a person just becomes incapacitated to function normally. Currently, I am comfortable with the Judge deciding he saw criminal behavior in the video footage. IMO

Sounds like Maddie's mother has a good lawyer and that he is speaking out. He says that evidence will show that this was not a "chance encounter." He doesn't elaborate.

He also says that the rape led to Maddie's death (my paraphrasing).

Glad to see strong support for Maddie as the judicial proceedings unfold, especially in response to the defense attorneys' press conference which pretty much blamed the victim.

My opinion is that the video of her running is a short clip and perhaps not indicative of her over all capacity to function. It’s possible she consumed more alcohol in the car. There is that point in inebriation where a wall is hit, so to speak, and the adrenaline cannot keep up and a person just becomes incapacitated to function normally. Currently, I am comfortable with the Judge deciding he saw criminal behavior in the video footage. IMO
PBBM

That is a preferred scenario than what I had been thinking which was that perhaps she arrived at 10 after already consuming alcohol.

I want to know how Madi got to Reggie's. Did she driver herself to Reggie's?

"She enjoyed adventures and travel, including sky-diving, skiing, experiencing new cities, and most importantly spending time with her family and friends," the obituary goes on. "Madison’s heart was pure, her laugh infectious, and she lived every day to the fullest. Her legacy will forever shine in the stars above."

Slain LSU student Madison Brooks remembered in obituary as living 'every day to the fullest'

Ok

Sounds like Maddie's mother has a good lawyer and that he is speaking out. He says that evidence will show that this was not a "chance encounter." He doesn't elaborate.

Glad to see strong support for Maddie as the judicial proceedings unfold, especially in response to the defense attorneys' press conference which pretty much blamed the victim.
According to her assailants, her friends ditched her. Not sure

I cannot get beyond the defense attorney. Sickening beyond belief

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho