LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015 *arrest*

Tuesday, Sept. 15th:
*Pretrial Status Hearing (@ am ET) – LA – Meing-Chen (“Mandy”) Hsiao (34) (last seen July 29, 2015, Monroe; found Aug. 8, 2015) – *Quentin Verdell Tellis (27/now 31) charged (8/16/16), indicted (5/17/19) & arraigned (6/18/19) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Judge reduced (10/23/19 bond to $300K (& future reductions possible).
Information (8/19/15) on previous court case reference post #99 here:
LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015

2/18/19 Update: Booked (2/19/19) on 1st degree murder charge into Ouachita Correctional Center. A Grand Jury will be convened, no set date yet. 5/17/19: Indicted on 2nd degree murder of Meing-Chen. 6/18/19: Arraignment, plead not guilty. 7/2/19: Prosecution filed a discovery motion to inspect evidence the defense plans to use at trial. The state also filled the defense's motion for discovery on the same day.
8/5/19 Update: Next Status hearing on 8/14. 8/14/19 Update: Motions hearing rescheduled for 10/23. 10/23/19: Bond reduced to $300K & future reductions possible. Next Status hearing on 12/12 & motions hearing on 2/18/20. 12/12/19: Next motions hearing on 2/18/20. 12/16/19 Update: reasonable Bond request. “If defendant’s bond is reduced to a reasonable amount wherein he can be released from incarceration pending his hearing, he will be able to assist his attorney in the investigation and gathering of evidence for his defense, which can only occur if his bond is reduced to a reasonable amount which defendant would suggest as $25,000,” the motion reads.
2/18/20 Update: Defense attorney says $300K too much bond, should be $25K. Plead not guilty. Next court hearing is scheduled April 7. Due to the COVID-19 hearing on 4/7 was cancelled.
4/7/20 Update: Due to COVID-19 hearings were cancelled. Had a status hearing on 7/29/20 which was rescheduled for 9/15/20.

Any news on this case? All I'm getting is old articles when I search. Thought maybe someone local could find something.

TIA! if you do!
animated-smileys-waving-014.gif.pagespeed.ce.SXCRW0-V4P.gif

Other evidence included a receipt for $0.07 from a local gas station, paid with Hsiao’s card, found in Tellis’ bedroom. Donald asked if it was from after the time of her death, trying to plant the idea that Tellis could have gotten her card from someone else as he had stated initially, but Cookson countered with the fact that phone calls were made to Hsiao’s bank from both Tellis’ and Hsiao’s phones within minutes of when she is believed to have died, and cell phone towers put that call within 60 yards of the center of her apartment.

I am not understanding what kind of evidence they need. Do they need a video of the murder? These 2 girls, and probably many that we do not know, deserve justice.

This article is from July 28, 2021 - and it says he has a court date in September, but of course no specific date.

This is article is way old - from about 1/24/21 per my notes re writing analysis in this article.

Anyone get into Louisiana court site? I have this:
Ouachita Parish 4th Jud District Court Case #16-F-001796

This is article is way old - from about 1/24/21 per my notes re writing analysis in this article.

I posted that article in response to KricketB's article saying witness says statements were false and coerced.

That article was the last article on the topic. I did not want it to stay at that for those who might glance over. The other article says QT's handwriting is there and he helped write that testimony.

If my memory serves right, this girl was helping children on the neighborhood... giving them food and sweets. One of these children was this animal's young cousin or something, that is how they met.

This girl deserves justice.

Just bumping up the thread to see if anyone has seen any recent articles on the next court date. Last article had a hearing in September, but had no date....
I'm just getting very old articles over here.

TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-003.gif

Reactions: BUF
Wednesday, October 20th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ am ET) – LA – Meing-Chen (“Mandy”) Hsiao (34) (last seen July 29, 2015, Monroe; found Aug. 8, 2015) – *Quentin Verdell Tellis (27/now 31) charged (8/16/16), indicted (5/17/19) & arraigned (6/18/19) with 2nd degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bond. Judge reduced (10/23/19 bond to $300K) (& future reductions possible).
Information (8/19/15) on previous court case & court info from 2/18/19 thru 2/18/20 reference post #123 here:
LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015 *arrest*

4/7/20 Update: Due to COVID-19 hearings were cancelled. Had a status hearing on 7/29/20 which was rescheduled for 9/15/20.
1/24/21 Update: New court documents have also been filed including an affidavit from a witness in a prior case, Eric Hill, stating he was coerced into providing testimony against Tellis at a May 2016 pre-trial hearing. Story here: Tellis hearing delayed; witness says statements on murder were false
A pre-trial hearing for Tellis was moved to Dec. 17, 2020 at his most recent court date.

7/28/21 Update: On Thursday, the defense proposed a bond reduction from $300K, which many already said was too low for the nature of the homicide, to $150K. The prosecution, led by Assistant District Attorney Holly Jones, held that the bond needed to be raised. Upon hearing the arguments & the testimony, Judge Larry Jefferson said he had already heard most of the evidence & didn’t see a reason to raise or lower the bond. Bond reduction-denied. At this point there is no date set for Tellis’ trial in Hsiao’s death, but there’s a hearing on a motion for a speedy trial in September. Officials hope there will be a trial date designated at that time.
9/30/21 Update: Pretrial hearing on 10/20/21.

@BUF - any news on what might have happened at the pretrial hearing last Wednesday? and another court hearing date? I'm just getting very old articles over here.

TIA!
citrouille14.gif

Reactions: BUF
@BUF - any news on what might have happened at the pretrial hearing last Wednesday? and another court hearing date? I'm just getting very old articles over here.

TIA!
citrouille14.gif
Nope @Niner I checked yesterday and nothing.

@BUF - another week has gone by - and I'm not finding anything new over here - just thought I'd ask if you have found anything - namely next court hearing date?

TIA!
citrouille.gif

Just noticed on my notes Tellis was supposed to go on trial on 1/3/22.

And of course I am just getting very old articles over here.

Anyone have better luck then me?? TIA!
animated-smileys-waving-016.gif

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member