LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015 *arrest*

Fourth Judicial District Court Judge Larry Jefferson dismissed the indictment against Tellis in early November on the basis of information that the State of Mississippi wanted Tellis to serve a five-year sentence for charges relating to the death of Jessica Chambers in 2014.

This article has a bit more info with a nice size quote from DA Tew. Doesn't make me any happier with this outcome.

Other evidence included a receipt for $0.07 from a local gas station, paid with Hsiao’s card, found in Tellis’ bedroom. Donald asked if it was from after the time of her death, trying to plant the idea that Tellis could have gotten her card from someone else as he had stated initially, but Cookson countered with the fact that phone calls were made to Hsiao’s bank from both Tellis’ and Hsiao’s phones within minutes of when she is believed to have died, and cell phone towers put that call within 60 yards of the center of her apartment.

Notwithstanding bazillion of other stuff, I am really not getting this. Perhaps someone can explain me how this is not sufficient in courts. How???

This poor girl was helping kids in the neighbourhood, one of which happenned to be this monster's relative. That is how they met.

She sounded like a genuinely nice girl and she does deserve justice.

EDIT: First article is dated later!!! My bad. Deleted references.

If he is to come out so soon, why is the murder charge dropped end of 2022?

Currently, Quinton Tellis is serving a burglary sentence of five years in Mississippi. It is expected that Quinton Tellis will come out in 2024.

Last edited:
EDIT: First article is dated later!!! My bad. Deleted references.

If he is to come out so soon, why is the murder charge dropped end of 2022?
My opinion is that DA Tew feels he doesn't have enough evidence for a slam-dunk verdict. When I asked a former LEO for an opinion, this is what they speculated. You know how much DAs like to feel pretty certain they will win before they walk into the courtroom. From the cited article: "The Second Circuit Court of Appeal will decide whether Tellis stands trial following his sentence in Mississippi." It will be interesting to see if he makes it to trial. Tellis' ability to escape justice for terrible crimes makes me shake my head.

My opinion is that DA Tew feels he doesn't have enough evidence for a slam-dunk verdict. When I asked a former LEO for an opinion, this is what they speculated. You know how much DAs like to feel pretty certain they will win before they walk into the courtroom. From the cited article: "The Second Circuit Court of Appeal will decide whether Tellis stands trial following his sentence in Mississippi." It will be interesting to see if he makes it to trial. Tellis' ability to escape justice for terrible crimes makes me shake my head.

Actually this is all confusing. Your earlier article (thanks!) had more info. It was the state that took the case to the appeals.

"If the appeal court does not grant the continuance it is unclear what would happen to Tellis after serving his five-year sentence in Mississippi, according to Jones."

This one by ADA Jones seems to contradict DA Tew who seem to be sure that he will be tried. And given that this guy is to be released in 2024, I don't know why the trial date was just not postponed but dismissed end of 2022.

2 hang jury circus on JC... and now this. How this happens I don't know. And on a side note, I hope I am NEVER tried for anything by these kind of peers. I will accept guilt and take the plea deal even if I am innocent instead of facing them!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back