Found Deceased LA - Michael Nickelotte, 21, Baton Rouge, 18 Sept 2017

Hi, has Michael served in Irac or Afghanistan? Could he have PTSD? Or any other reason to panic and take off?

Does he have many friends? Have they been proactive in trying to help find him?

It bothers me that the Campus isn't being more helpful here. There should have been organised grid searches with many students done by now.

I pray he is found soon, unharmed. So many of these cases end this way. The young person just needed to check out for awhile. Prayers to all of his family and friends.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

My first reply was for you just getting used to the forum

Welcome to the board golden and thank you for your insight. I have a couple of questions and maybe some observations I wonder if you could comment. If he was stepping outside to meet someone would he need a key or a fob to get back into his building? If he was going to visit another student in his building would his apartment door lock automatically? Is his building equipped with security cameras? Does the building use keys or fobs? Did he have a girlfriend on campus?

I appreciate what u r saying about him being able to defend himself but I suggest if something happened to him it was probably someone he knew and not someone he would have his guard up with. I am sending good wishes to you that your friend is found safely.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

He would need his tigercard, which I believe was on him and not in the wallet. Yes the door would automatically lock. There are some cameras around the area but not directly on the building. Michael's family looked yesterday for which cameras were looking where. The building only uses the tigercard and a personal code to unlock apartment doors. I don't think he has a girlfriend at the moment. He dated one girl for a few years, but they broke up when they were in college. A year after they broke up, he and I dated for a few months. Broke up in December, so he and I haven't been super close. But I'm sitting with my best friend now and she was still close to him and saw him the week before he disappeared and she says she doesn't think there's anyone new. She's actually really sure there's no one apparently.

The apartment opens up to the outside and is on the bottom floor.

what are they trying to raise funds for? Not being snarky, I know tone is hard to decipher here but I am just curious and can't visit the page just now.

what are they trying to raise funds for? Not being snarky, I know tone is hard to decipher here but I am just curious and can't visit the page just now.
Legal assistance and private investigator to aid in finding Michael.

Just read on the SM group that his bike is missing. It seems somewhat distinctive.

My thoughts and prayers are with Michael, his Family and Friends. Hoping he is found soon.

attachment.php

Attachments

• blueHopeKeyboardImageSmaller.jpg
    blueHopeKeyboardImageSmaller.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 347
Golden, is the Tigercard his student ID? Does it open any other buildings other than his apartment? I'm assuming the university can track its usage to see if he entered any other buildings with it. Do you know what classes he had on the day he went missing? Is he involved in any extracurricular activities at school? When is he expecting to graduate?

I have a son away at college and Michael being missing has really touched me. I am praying for him and will donate to the efforts to getting a PI involved.

Hmm...I wouldn't think he was going far if he was on his bike?, he would have taken his car. This is so strange. He's a senior, finally, and has his future ahead of him. Did he have any history of depression? If he was very introverted he may not have share his feeling with anyone. I wonder if the roommate had noticed any changes in his behavior, mood...just speculating, not necessarily insinuating that he intended to harm himself..just wondering where the heck he went and where the heck is now. I too have a son away at school and can't imagine what his family is going through.

Golden, is the Tigercard his student ID? Does it open any other buildings other than his apartment? I'm assuming the university can track its usage to see if he entered any other buildings with it. Do you know what classes he had on the day he went missing? Is he involved in any extracurricular activities at school? When is he expecting to graduate?

I have a son away at college and Michael being missing has really touched me. I am praying for him and will donate to the efforts to getting a PI involved.

Yes, it is his student ID. I don't ever use my tigercard unless teachers have to check it for class (some teachers require you use it for testing, whether you take tests on a computer or in class) or I need to check something out. When I lived on campus it was how I entered my dorm. Now I honestly don't even carry it. I don't know if the school actually tracks when people access their apartments or dorms? They would be able to see if he used tigercash (like a debit account) or pawpoints (basically pre-paid card function) with the card. We might be able to see if he as checked anything out in the library, but he doesn't like to read.

He is a sociology major. He has Latin with a mutual friend and he wasn't there on Monday. He is in Marines ROTC (along with being enlisted in Marines reserve). I don't know about other classes on Monday. As far as I am aware, he does have his dogtags as well. He is a senior and set to graduate this coming May.

He is a sociology major. He has Latin with a mutual friend and he wasn't there on Monday. He is in Marines ROTC (along with being enlisted in Marines reserve). I don't know about other classes on Monday. As far as I am aware, he does have his dogtags as well. He is a senior and set to graduate this coming May.

Was missing class out of the ordinary for Michael? This class and/or classes in general?

Hmm...I wouldn't think he was going far if he was on his bike?, he would have taken his car. This is so strange. He's a senior, finally, and has his future ahead of him. Did he have any history of depression? If he was very introverted he may not have share his feeling with anyone. I wonder if the roommate had noticed any changes in his behavior, mood...just speculating, not necessarily insinuating that he intended to harm himself..just wondering where the heck he went and where the heck is now. I too have a son away at school and can't imagine what his family is going through.

He only met his roommates about a month or so ago (whenever move-in day was). I am friends with one of his roommates and have met the other two. None of them really know Michael all that well (not surprising - when we dated all he did all day was sit in his room and play Dark Souls until about 12 at night, then he would go to bed so he could get up for 4am - his new game that he plays is Warframe). Michael has always been super reserved when it comes to emotions. I believe he went through some stuff when he hurt his knee. Maybe depressed for a short period of time, but mostly angry. He worked hard in physical therapy and always did his at-home exercises. He wanted to get better and he worked hard toward reaching that goal. He did whatever he had to so that he could get better.

The thing is, Baton Rouge is a city but there is a lot of woodsy areas. Just look at the area going down Burbank (toward where he went to physical therapy). It's only 20-30 minutes on bike and surrounded by trees. (google maps link provided) He could literally be anywhere.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Eas...4af713200330af!2m2!1d-91.1372598!2d30.3722739

Was missing class out of the ordinary for Michael? This class and/or classes in general?

Not typically Latin, but it definitely isn't unusual for Michael to skip class. Our friend would usually drag him to Latin since they have Latin together. What was out of the ordinary is that he missed PT (I believe it stands for physical training - was for the Marines). He went every morning in uniform. Didn't even skip when he tore his ACL. Went every morning, whether he could participate or not.

Not typically Latin, but it definitely isn't unusual for Michael to skip class. Our friend would usually drag him to Latin since they have Latin together. What was out of the ordinary is that he missed PT (I believe it stands for physical training - was for the Marines). He went every morning in uniform. Didn't even skip when he tore his ACL. Went every morning, whether he could participate or not.

While in college my nephew, who sounds very similar to Michael, began to have a mental health crisis and one of the most noticeable changes was that he began to skip class and had a drop in academic performance. Because he was extremely introverted no one really noticed what was going on with him. He did not share his academic struggles of he semester with his family so they were unaware. I would assume that LE has checked with any mental health facilities, the student health center and the like. I'm not sure, since he's an adult, how much hospitals will tell you but surely if LE approaches them or someone took a flyer they'd at least let him know to contact family.

While in college my nephew, who sounds very similar to Michael, began to have a mental health crisis and one of the most noticeable changes was that he began to skip class and had a drop in academic performance. Because he was extremely introverted no one really noticed what was going on with him. He did not share his academic struggles of he semester with his family so they were unaware. I would assume that LE has checked with any mental health facilities, the student health center and the like. I'm not sure, since he's an adult, how much hospitals will tell you but surely if LE approaches them or someone took a flyer they'd at least let him know to contact family.

I don't think it has ever been unusual for him to skip class. I know he first majored in engineering then switched to sociology basically because that's what he could finish and graduate on time with, and basically all he cared about was becoming a high ranking officer in the Marines. Based on how he was when I first met him, I wouldn't be surprised if he had to switch because he skipped class then as well (I met him after he switched). I don't know exactly what his academic performance was, but his dad made it seem like he was doing fine. Michael Sr. said that Michael had brought school work home with him that weekend (unusual for him), and I heard that he had left snacks, a drink, and notes out in his room. Michael is very organized so it is kind of weird to me for things to be out like that.

As far as hospitals are concerned, my friends and I have been calling around and no one has claimed to have a Michael Nickelotte or a John Doe that matches the description. When it comes to psychiatric hospitals, they are a lot stricter and will not reason with you when you explain that you are looking for someone who is listed as a missing person (HIPAA is important but has been frustrating lately). They will not give any information as to whether or not he is present at any of the local psychiatric facilities.

I wonder how he appeared to his family on the day he went missing? Did they notice anything off or unusual? I know there are so many cameras to get footage from. I'm hoping all are looked at as soon as possible. Mominime-I hope your nephew is doing better these days!

As far as hospitals are concerned, my friends and I have been calling around and no one has claimed to have a Michael Nickelotte or a John Doe that matches the description. When it comes to psychiatric hospitals, they are a lot stricter and will not reason with you when you explain that you are looking for someone who is listed as a missing person (HIPAA is important but has been frustrating lately). They will not give any information as to whether or not he is present at any of the local psychiatric facilities.
You may not get a definitive answer, but you could email the missing flier to admissions in each facility (or numerous departments) and ask them to contact law enforcement or have Michael contact family.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

What is the status with the knee injury? If he is under medical evaluation and determined to be unfit for service this would keep him from pursuing his military career and thus could possibly be a cause for a mental breakdown of sorts. Was he being processed for medical discharge or general discharge?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosegold45
Back