LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the chat they acknowledged that dogs have been used but WHERE? Bloodhounds need to be taken to the St Landrey location. Wherever Mickey went down, the dogs will pinpoint it.

I appreciate the effort on the chat, but we might as well have been chatting amongst ourselves..

http://www.theadvertiser.com/intera...at-about-search-Mickey-Shunick?nclick_check=1

Okay, this is a live chat and is somewhat different?

Go ahead and copy what they are saying and hold onto it for now. I'll review with management and see if we can't keep the information somewhere for future use. It will depend on if the site saves the chat or not.

:tyou:

Sorry, Kimster. I didn't know the 10% rule applied to live chats too. The funny thing is I ended up stopping anyway right before you posted because I had to pick up my son from school.

I also inquired as to the quality of the video and the camera and whether or not it is constantly recording. But they won't answer that :(

No/avoidance of answers speak volumes to me.

MOO and all other disclaimers.

Megsy - great question about pictures of the Z-71 type truck.

Notice how AM answers you. She says the 'ones' released are the only 'ones' LE have. Now is she lumping all the pictures together even though you only asked about pictures of the Z-71? Or are there two pictures of the Z-71 that have already been released?

f word, f word, f word. fun, fun, fun!!!

Yes oh my goodness everyone! There are two pics of the truck in question. See pic attached.

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 117
She thinks?? What is the point of this Q&A if she doesn't know any definitive answers?? All it does is create more rumor and confusion, imo.
Question was asked and she tackled it. Tip o' the hat to her. The media does not have access to everything LE has, as neither do we. And when the media does have it, we'll have it. Till then it's best-guess territory. Such is the nature of Q & A in a live chat situation.

My husband just passed down St. Landry. He says there is a police car blocking off the road towarsd the coliseum and diverting traffic down St. Thomas and there are about 7 or 8 police officers in vests searching the area. I am trying to pull up a map so he can give me more specifics

Interesting. Hopefully they find something. Someone the other night on here said they smelled the odor of death on that street, but thought it could of been a dead animal... :sick:

I also inquired as to the quality of the video and the camera and whether or not it is constantly recording. But they won't answer that :(

Twice I asked whether or not Forensics was able to salvage a usable sample of the tire tracks found at the site, and no answer. Makes me wonder if she was told by someone to not stray from the official LE line, in revelation of facts relevant to the case.

one problem with many small threads is that once you get behind its annoying when you cant quote someone because the thread you're on was closed and everyone else has moved to a new one.
That's a very good point. I think there is a way to do this and include the link to the actual post you're quoting, but I'm not bright enough to know how to do it. I just copy & paste from one thread to another and that doesn't add the link.

If anybody knows how to do it otherwise, jump right in and tell us!

Yes oh my goodness everyone! There are two pics of the truck in question. See pic attached.

Only one of them is the chevy z71 or so I've been told, even though they look identical.

Interesting. Hopefully they find something. Someone the other night on here said they smelled the odor of death on that street, but thought it could of been a dead animal... :sick:

This is further down

Am I the only one that sees something under the front fender of the Z71. Also, there seems to be a small light under there (bike light)??

I think this may be a case of selective perception. The pic of MS in front of the Circle K shows her in a very similar location. In order for that to be her light, the truck would have to be going at a very high rate of speed in order for it not to appear on the pic of her alone.
To add to disproving this theroy, a truck at a high rate of speed would have mangled the bike, and there would be evidence of this in the street.

There's only one picture of the truck in question. It's the one traveling in the same direction Mickey was on her bike.

(I thought the same thing too.)

The saddest thing in that chat was when Amanda (the reporter) said that Mickey's mom couldn't eat or sleep for several days and is just starting to be able to keep down some food and get some rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trivialdrift