LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. After reviewing both pictures many times, I am convinced that it is the same truck. Also, given that LE mentioned another image of the truck, and have never ruled out the truck in the opposite direction, I think it must be the same.
If you manage to convince the rest of us then maybe we can rule out that she was followed from Versailles and Parkside; and maybe we can just focus on everything after she crossed University onto St landry and eliminate speculation going back to Ryan street. IMHO.

Convince us please....

Yeah I think I've had my fill for the night.

See you tomorrow :)

Keep in mind these were still shots extracted from video. LE would know if she had been run over. It would have been stated that a hit-and-run had taken pace, and the type of damage the bike sustained would not be in question. Why are we still looking at these truck photos???

because certain people just sign up to this forum to throw out disinformation to derail each thread into rumors and speculation it seems..

Let me ask you, can you tell what that Vertical mark is on the passenger side of the truck body?

I think it's a shadow cast by that diamond shaped road sign. The light coming from the left hand side of the image would be the light source.

What ifs usually get us nowhere, but here goes:

What if she stopped where she was(many said it appears her foot is on ground) to look at her phone... Check for a text, time, text someone herself, etc. She drops her phone and leans to her right to pick it up just as truck comes. It is feasible in my mind that if it is her and her bike in the picture this type of scenario could've put her there.

I would believe that if she was drunk. But it seems so odd that a 22 yr old sober, experienced biker, would stop smack dab in the middle of the street like that. She could text on the sidewalk, and safely.

But I do believe my paramedic friend when he tells me that there is no way she would end up under the front tire like that if she had been upright upon her bike. According to him, she would have been airborne, not under the truck, unless she was already on the ground when the truck passed by.

ETA: the EMT friend said she might have eventually ended up under the truck, if she landed upon the hood or windshield, and he kept driving, and she fell off and underneath. But that would have taken quite awhile and traveled pretty far first.

But once again, that would have been seen on the video, if she had fallen off her bike.

Newbie who's followed from get-go but my first post. Myself, my neighbor, A.C.I., Chicken Fried and 2-3 other astute WSers could crack this case. In the words of the great immortal Vince Lombardi: "What in the hell is going on here"? If it was a hit-run, WHY would anyone stop and collect her dead body and her bike and go to Whiskey Bay? At 2 a.m. on a weekend..and probably drunk? No! They'd just "haul *advertiser censored** quickly"...use your common HORSE sense, folks!

First off, as a USL student in the 60's, I know the area on St. Landry, St. John, Cherry Street, St. Mary Blvd, Azelea, Brashear, etc. I lived there and have recently driven since MS went missing... Like today. I just don't "feel it". I really think she's STILL ALIVE but not anywhere near here, and I've been called "Devil's Advocate" and "the most negative person on Earth". Again-WHY would anyone run over her, KILL her. and pick up everything and drive to Whiskey Bay? (Duh)

What you "see" in these "Keystone Kamera Kompany" pictures are deceiving. The "Kops", in releasing these to us "idiots" could be a rouse. I don't have much confidence in local LE and jurisprudence because "it's inevitably WHO you know"...I looked at the Versailles pics (bank) and "THOUGHT" (and felt) that there was a person with a red top standing up and holding a bike with with a decimated back wheel...yes. Before she even got to St. Landry. These pictures are not clear, and in the words of forensic scientist friend Henry Lee, "somethings wrong".

Bottom line: Don't trust anyone, the pressers, the few pics they feed you... and hope for a miracle, and believe as I do, that Mickey is still alive. Fewer volunteers now at Blackham...but please don't quit on Mickey!

Originally Posted by megsy
Sure :loser:
http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Pr...asp?PR_Id=4677
Check out the wording of May 25th and May 26th, along with the pictures.
I've read this over and over and still do not see where they have ruled the truck in the opposite direction out. It just appears to me that they added the newer picture afterwards. (Which is very confusing.) Am I missing something?
I just read it very carefully myself and I 100% agree with you. Recommend others take a look as well.

I know that supposedly McGee is "cleared", but fer Pete's sake ...his girlfriend is riding along with a search party with a pic of the white truck with a black bike in back!? And no one else has seen this pic?

I am with you on this. The original poster also stated the the girl she searched w/ new BW and was best friends w/ RM's girlfriend. Sounds like a smaller circle than I had originally thought. I still think this was someone she knew (in some way) b/c this ties RM to MS's circle of friends. If RM was "cleared"---he may have still been an accomplice of some sort---someone else may have done something and called him for help or along those lines :twocents:

The pick is from the Lauren Spierer from IN :)
I think if RM was cleared, his cell phone (or any phone records) would have had to have been cleared. ???

Hey sleuthers, just got back to my computer from a day full of searching for Mickey. I have to say I met a bunch of great people who were very determined with one goal in mind, FIND MICKEY.

I went on two searches and it lasted until seven. The first was an area that had been combed by LE so not much was found except for some messed up bushes and trash, among other wierd things. Our second search was of an eerie location that I suspected hadn't been searched by LE. I got full of spiders webs and spiders from grid searching about 6 acres of woods.

Chicken fried, it is my theory that the bike was indeed found in the WB pilot channel along the bank with the back weel about 2 feet in water.

There are many rumors going around at this point and not really much to believe IMO. LE has got this case sealed and there will not be anything of use released to the public. The FBI is at the top of the chain, but I'm afraid they can't be in Lafayette forever. People of Lafayette and surrounding areas, come to Blackham Coliseum tomorrow to help bring a friend and local home, we need all we can get. FIND MICKEY.

I totally agree with you. Perhaps if there are things that are being questioned, it would be best to say, "according to ...". I believed LaffyTaffy but I didn't know where the information was coming from.

I honestly can't post the pic from our text conversation bc I wouldn't do that to her. If y'all choose to drink the haterade chug it down.

If you manage to convince the rest of us then maybe we can rule out that she was followed from Versailles and Parkside; and maybe we can just focus on everything after she crossed University onto St landry and eliminate speculation going back to Ryan street. IMHO.

Convince us please....

Can you see a difference in the wheels?

Attachments

• ourtruckwheels.jpg
    ourtruckwheels.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 80
  • othertruckwheels.jpg
    othertruckwheels.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 75
My point was the bikes lanes seem to suck. An addendum to my last post I guess.
ETA Which was:

Right. There are a lot more businesses on Johnston, too. People pulling in and out. Not going to pay attention to a bike during the middle of the day let alone at 2 am.

Going all the way down Johnston to get to her house on Amb Caffrey would be nuts in my opinion.

Hey sleuthers, just got back to my computer from a day full of searching for Mickey. I have to say I met a bunch of great people who were very determined with one goal in mind, FIND MICKEY.

I went on two searches and it lasted until seven. The first was an area that had been combed by LE so not much was found except for some messed up bushes and trash, among other wierd things. Our second search was of an eerie location that I suspected hadn't been searched by LE. I got full of spiders webs and spiders from grid searching about 6 acres of woods.

Chicken fried, it is my theory that the bike was indeed found in the WB pilot channel along the bank with the back weel about 2 feet in water.

There are many rumors going around at this point and not really much to believe IMO. LE has got this case sealed and there will not be anything of use released to the public. The FBI is at the top of the chain, but I'm afraid they can't be in Lafayette forever. People of Lafayette and surrounding areas, come to Blackham Coliseum tomorrow to help bring a friend and local home, we need all we can get. FIND MICKEY.
Great job, Billiam. Thank you.

Tim Miller's own daughter was abducted and murdered. This would not of been an easy decision to make; it never is.

For those that do not know about TES here is there website:

http://texasequusearch.org/

Newbie who's followed from get-go but my first post. Myself, my neighbor, A.C.I., Chicken Fried and 2-3 other astute WSers could crack this case.

I truly hope that one of you DO crack the case, and that she is alive and well...but many here are grabbing whatever they can to make sense of a tragedy. I thought this site was here to toss ideas around and try to come to conclusions. By all means, if someone has all the answers, please...enlighten me.

I went out on a search today. It was an interesting area to say the least. Hope to be back tomorrow!

I honestly can't post the pic from our text conversation bc I wouldn't do that to her. If y'all choose to drink the haterade chug it down.

I wouldn't call it hater ade.... if every piece of second-hand information were true, there would have been a confession a few days ago from the '4 people' who hit her and hid the body, or the 'husband' whose wife turned him in, or 'Rocky McGee' would have been arrested and his 'damaged truck' seized.

I wouldn't take it personally that people are skeptical of second-hand information, especially when there is conflicting second-hand info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member