LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is something in the road that the truck ran over.... But I also see the same 'something' in the photo of Mickey riding her bike...

There is one of those "city works" rectangular/square covers in that area. I google mapped it (& I know it's a couple of yrs old) but a drain wouldn't change in those years (especially if it's set up to catch water to keep the road from flooding...we have one in front of our house, we live on a low-lying street)

That is the original route given by Mickey's friends and family as well. Why do you think she took a different route?

That is a really good question. The route she took doesn't make sense.

Honestly, there is a reason Mickey didn't take her origional route. I can't put my finger on what the reason would have been. However, if that was not her normal route, then we have something, or someone else that she may have been riding toward. Now, what?

It seems (to me) that LE only needs help with ID'ing that Chevy Z71 shown (heading to the rite).

If they were looking for any other info (other than happenstance)...well, they would be asking for it.

JMO.

I think she may have changed her route because she felt she was being followed. Maybe she kept making quick turns, as a way of figuring out if someone was really stalking her?

Websleuths are in control of what is permitted on the forum, and what is not. We are just a discussion group, talking about Mickey, we are not law enforcement. Rumors are only that, rumors, and unless you have a link to that information, a mod will delete it.

Dont they usually say why?

It seems (to me) that LE only needs help with ID'ing that Chevy Z71 shown (heading to the rite).

If they were looking for any other info (other than happenstance)...well, they would be asking for it.

JMO.

But then again they may not even need help ID'ing the truck, if, when people call to report one they never show up to check it out.

I think she may have changed her route because she felt she was being followed. Maybe she kept making quick turns, as a way of figuring out if someone was really stalking her?

Well first thing u would do is get off the street, the car cant drive up on the sidewalk. she could cut thru buildings...Call 911.

I really really think it was someone she knew and they said Hey we will give u a ride home!

Poof!!!!!!

Well, we may be confused about her route that night, but we seem to be closer to finding the meaning of the quote ' like a thousand points of light '..

JMO.

I suppose then my thinking would be, why once again is that truck so important? Is it the tire tread marks found out there where the bike was thrown. Is it that it was also seen stopped somewhere further down Landry or on St Mary's. I'm so confused.

There are two pieces of information that I collected personally that bother me and make me think she made it to congress. if someone was chasing her, what evidence do we have that the chase ended at St. Landry and that are going to mysteriously see her in the back of that truck if you look hard enough. have you guys thought about the possibility that the chase lasted longer and maybe that's why her route isn't making any sense and no one has found physical evidence yet. Or maybe she did get into a vehicle/truck willingly?

Just an observation... by cutting across Versailles and heading down St. John's, if she'd hung a left onto W. Main St. (she didn't) she would have been on the doorstep of the police station.

But then again they may not even need help ID'ing the truck, if, when people call to report one they never show up to check it out.
Not clear on your point.

With gazillions ;) of those kinda trucks around...it would surely help if there was one or, better yet, a few distinguishing identifiers.

Now I am wondering ..... if the biker with the backpack was Mickey and the other rider was B?

Tire marks: Near the bike, police also say they found tire marks from a vehicle that was driving off the road's side leading police to believe the vehicle placed the bike there

With the bike's condition, police have also revealed their discovery of off-road tire tracks near the bridge where the bike was found.

I'm curious about the use of the phrase "off-road". Does this mean the tire tracks were from an "off-road" vehicle, such as a 4-wheeler? Otherwise, why not just say "revealed their discovery of tire tracks near the bridge"? The use of the phrase "off-road" could describe the type of vehicle that was used. Other than 4-wheelers and dirt bikes, what kinds of vehicles could be considered "off-road"?

I don't think the wording necessarily means that "off road" refers either to the type of tire or the type of vehicle. I think they just mean the tracks were "off road."

Typically if LE refers to "off-road" tire tracks they're referring to a tire tread pattern that's distinctively different than a normal passenger tire. They have deeper, wider grooves and a more aggressive pattern to them that would help with traction in dirt or mud.

.......as in a Z71

I am more interested in the video you say exists of Mickey after the Circle K picture. You are the third person associated with the search in the last 18 hours who has made such a claim.
Well, considering that Martin and Castille has NO CAMERAS, I am discounting all posts saying Mickey and another rider were filmed riding together through there.

Am I the only one who has an issue with yet another brand new poster who has info about not just Mickey seen on another camera later, but also items of interest they found, AND people in the area we haven't been told about?

I've already given up on the accidentally hit theory. I'm starting to think Mickey went with someone willingly (whether she knew them or not) and got into some trouble later.

As a person who has been active with a certain segment of the search, I can assure each and every one of you that we are not being given "extra" or "more" information than the family and general public is being given.

Anyone who says differently, I would want to know what LE officer told them Mickey was last seen in an area that differs from what they've told the public.

Not clear on your point.

With gazillions ;) of those kinda trucks around...it would surely help if there was one or, better yet, a few distinguishing identifiers.

A.C.I. called in one with the correct description, in the area they were interested in, and they didn't seem to be the least bit interested in checking it out. They didn't ask him for the plate number, and never showed up. He thought it was curious, that's all.

Am I the only one who has an issue with yet another brand new poster who has info about not just Mickey seen on another camera later, but also items of interest they found, AND people in the area we haven't been told about?

I've already given up on the accidentally hit theory. I'm starting to think Mickey went with someone willingly (whether she knew them or not) and got into some trouble later.

I have thought that from the beginning. There is no evidence to support a "drunk driver/hit-n-run then dump the bike" theory IMO No skid marks, blood, debris, noises heard (brakes or screaming), it would take more than a few seconds to pick up a bike and body and put them in the truck w/o anything seeing. UNLESS---The LE really can't find the scene of the "accident". I personally think she dipped out early to meet up w/ someone else and someone knows something they aren't saying (in HER group of friends). It could be crime of opportunity, too...but I'm leaning towards someone she knew. JMO of course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82