LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! I don't think most people read the "disclaimer" and just take everything as fact. Its frustrating. :banghead:

ETA- heck I popped in yesterday and thought LE had released a map. :confused:

I asked before but no one would answer... is anyone verified on this thread?
*disregard. mod answered.

The sign isn't there anymore.

Are you talking about the sign blocking the VOI going in the direction of Mickey?

That sign isn't there in the Google street view images from April 2009, but would think it is there today?

Sorry if you are talking about something else!

Hey guys. Life has kept me from here, and from Lafayette, lately. It's so good to see so many people are still working so hard to find Mickey. My husband and I were at Free Press Summer Fest and saw her missing posters all over the festival. I saw a girl who looked just like her and I got so excited. But obviously, it wasn't Mickey. I can't believe it's been 3 weeks. I'm sure LE has more info, but not knowing much of anything is breaking many people involved. God, where is Mickey? Prayers to her family and friends. I know my SIL, one of Mickey's bestfriends, will never be the same after this.

And prayers to all of the members who have gone through similar situations. I can't imagine the pain it causes, and the strength it takes to face each day.

If the VOI was on Versailles we would have seen it when it passed in front of the Mid South camera.

This is from the official police news release. It could be interpreted that the Z-71 was seen on Versailles. The wording is ambiguous.

"Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, (see update from 5/30/12 above) which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick travelled on both streets."

The update identifies truck as the Z-71.

I may have something new to look at. With everyone enhancing the images, I decided to take a look at it from the original image on the LE site. I have done nothing but zoom the image. I didn't try to clean it up or de-pixelate it. I've noted what I see in the image. I don't see a driver... I think his face is behind the passenger side frame. I don't see a white tshirt... the white is simply the view through the driver's window.

But I do see something... noted below.

paris2.jpg

I will note that my first though is that it looks like a pillow in the window that my granny crocheted. :)

Exactly! I don't think most people read the "disclaimer" and just take everything as fact. Its frustrating. :banghead:

ETA- heck I popped in yesterday and thought LE had released a map. :confused:

I asked before but no one would answer... is anyone verified on this thread?

I personally read the "disclaimer," I just do not understand what the disclaimer means since it is written using jargon unfamiliar to me and perhaps other posters as well.

This is from the official police news release. It could be interpreted that the Z-71 was seen on Versailles. The wording is ambiguous.

"Investigators are seeking information regarding a white newer model four door pickup truck, (see update from 5/30/12 above) which was captured on video after Mickey Shunick travelled on both streets."

The update identifies truck as the Z-71.

On May 25, police acquired surveillance footage showing what is believed to be Shunick riding her bike on Versailles Blvd. Toward St. John Street at about 1:45 a.m. on May 19. The truck, a four-door Chevrolet Z71, can be seen on the video about a minute later

http://www.examiner.com/article/pol...-for-truck-seen-michaela-mickey-shunick-video

A white p/u truck that was 'abandoned' in a parking lot of a daquiri shop is being hauled off right now. The tow truck driver thought I was crazy but when I told him my hubby is LE I to,d pics for him to look at to see if it sustained any damage similar to hitting a bike. I'm in Lake Chalres, BTW
I hope le looks into this and I pray it leads to a conclusion and an arrest.

the sign was a temporary sign, they are doing alot of road repairs around that area. my street included. :)

I personally read the "disclaimer," I just do not understand what the disclaimer means since it is written using jargon unfamiliar to me and perhaps other posters as well.

I agree. What are "five hole mags"?

I may have something new to look at. With everyone enhancing the images, I decided to take a look at it from the original image on the LE site. I have done nothing but zoom the image. I didn't try to clean it up or de-pixelate it. I've noted what I see in the image. I don't see a driver... I think his face is behind the passenger side frame. I don't see a white tshirt... the white is simply the view through the driver's window.

But I do see something... noted below.

paris2.jpg

I will note that my first though is that it looks like a pillow in the window that my granny crocheted. :)
It looks like a wheel to me, but I can't say for sure. Can't tell with blurry margins surrounding it.

High of 91° today. Bless the searchers heading out and everyone working to locate Mickey. Let today be the day.

Where is Mickey?

Okay, here are some findings about that convoluted white truck.

(easier with the video, but here goes)

I know we've had the discussion about the two truck photos in front of the LCG building.

I don't think it's the same truck do to the fact there is no Z71 sticker on that fender, but I digress.

After examining truck after truck, I've determined that this is indeed a Silverado. Why? Because if that shadow where the Z71 decal is speaking to me clearly (leave me alone), that decal is closer to the tire, on the rear fender...which in all of the trucks I've seen, is a Silverado. The Sierra's decal is closer to the taillight, not on the fender.

I'm also thinking this is a model short box, which would make it an external accessible four door.

I'm getting closer to 100% certainty about the year, but as it stands, 2007/2008 - 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 short box trim, Z71 package.

I've also got a theory as to why this guy hasn't come forward (besides the fact that hedunit) How quick would the police be to blame and charge this guy? Pretty quick.

Still munching on the truck year.

I have asked repeatedly if we know for a fact that MS and the VOI were not picked up on the second camera down St. Landry.

LE said Mickey was not on the next camera. They have not said if the truck was. They did say there is another image of the truck not released, but didn't say where. hth

Can that thing in the back, that looks like a wheel might just be the window part that opens?

It looks like a wheel to me, but I can't say for sure. Can't tell with blurry margins surrounding it.

It looks like the Fleur de Lis stickers some have on the back glass. Some have hunting or fishing or "Cajun" themes.

Saw a white truck with one this morning and thought how easy it would be to add or take away such a detail and completely fly under the radar because of it.

Posting the link of where I found this photo example: http://www.shop.lasmag.com/Sportsman-License-Plate-lap-lp.htm

Attachments

• hunting fleur de lis.jpg
    hunting fleur de lis.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics