LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would seriously doubt that. There wouldn't be gators in Bay St. Louis. There would be sharks, but even that wouldn't likely account for head, legs, and arms being missing. Seems to me the killer removed them. For what reason? I don't know...

I also just read "decapitated" - I'm assuming (probably incorrectly) that another word would be used for wildlife activity.

Every assumption I've made thus far has been wrong. I'm on a roll. =\

Looks like LPD and Mr. John Abdella are making headway into their investigation. We the public can only do so much (e.g. search, sleuth etc). Really the only thing we have to sleuth about is Mickey or the camera footage. I wish we could really narrow down a year on the White Truck. That could help tremendously, but maybe the LPD already has figured the truck out, IDK.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/06/mickey-shunick-disappearance-investigator-has-suspect/

FIND MICKEY

I think the only way to tell the year of the White Truck is the heighth of the tailight.

I would seriously doubt that. Not an expert, but I wouldn't think there would be gators in Bay St. Louis. The water would have too much salt content, right? I'm asking, not telling. There would be sharks, but even that wouldn't likely account for head, legs, and arms being missing. Seems to me the killer removed them. For what reason? I don't know...

Some people are just insane. No other reason. Read about Jun Lin and Luka Magnotta.

edit: Oh and DO NOT watch the video. You can't unsee that

If someone were to throw a cap on the bed of the DWTIQ it may make it harder to spot...or, on the other hand it may make it more conspicuous. Do people tend to put caps on the beds of their trucks down there or just leave them open?

Regarding the private property reference, I understand that someone's home, yard, vehicle, etc. can't be searched without their consent or a warrant, but Louisiana is full of acres and acres of uninhabited "private property". Can fields not be searched if privately owned, without tracking down the owner to get permission? Surely they are searching every acre, just hoping no one fusses about it. It doesn't even seem feasible that they could account for who owns every acre of land to request permission.

:protest_e

My thought is that if they don't get a search warrant for the property, search it, and find something...that something could be inadmissible in court. Simply because it was found with an illegal search.

From the article linked earlier:
http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...ans/-/12537462/14745798/-/b2kv56/-/index.html

"The victim had been decapitated and dismembered, Bass said, leaving only the torso to wash ashore early Thursday evening."

Makes it sound like this was done by the perp? Maybe just the wording?

That's what I initially thought and then I read the line that wasn't clear about the dismemberment being intentional. Very odd.

I think the perp did it. If not because of being a flat out horrible person, then because of transportation issues. The transportation issues of a flat out horrible person.

I also just read "decapitated" - I'm assuming (probably incorrectly) that another word would be used for wildlife activity.

Every assumption I've made thus far has been wrong. I'm on a roll. =\

I don't know when you've been wrong, but in this case I believe you're correct. "Decapitated" implies the head has been intentionally severed. An animal would tear off flesh in chunks - not cleanly. Not pleasant to think about either way.

Ups her risk of running into foul play just like prostitution does. That said, anyone can become a victim. Late night anything - travelling, bar hopping, increases risk too.

It absolutely matters where she worked. People who were there in the days leading up to her disappearance may have seen something. I don't think her profession should be swept under the rug for this reason. For those of us that want her found this is relevant.

My thought is that if they don't get a search warrant for the property, search it, and find something...that something could be inadmissible in court. Simply because it was found with an illegal search.

Right. Say a dog wanders onto a property and comes out with something interesting. That can be sufficient cause for a warrant, I believe.

It absolutely matters where she worked. People who were there in the days leading up to her disappearance may have seen something. I don't think her profession should be swept under the rug for this reason. For those of us that want her found this is relevant.

In her thread it's becoming clear that where she works may be a central issue.

Someone mentioned RM a bit ago and I wanted to share something that I've found very interesting from the first time he was mentioned. The distance between the last time Mickey was seen, his home and where her bike was found. To me, this looks like it could be a sort of "comfort zone".

Another DWTIQ coincidence - Daddy has a Z71 which is in front of their house.

Another DWTIQ coincidence 2 check out across the yucky water from their house. A boat launch with...YEP...another white truck with an empty boat trailer.

:waitasec:

Attachments

• st landry_courville rd_whiskey bay map.jpg
    st landry_courville rd_whiskey bay map.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 100
  • nursery hwy & breaux bridge.jpg
    nursery hwy & breaux bridge.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 102
What type of evidence does a fire remove?
Is it common knowledge that pressure washers are very expensive?

In some cases a fire draws attention to evidence. Peeps think they are so smart when they set a fire to burn evidence but firemen are smarter. They always examine the pattern the fire took to determine it's source. They extracted DNA from ashes once (I saw that on a true case on TV), wait, I think it was arsenic. Anyway lab tests can detect a lot these days but something that has been burned makes it much harder than finding something intact with fingerprints on it - obviously.

Let's say, if the missing truck parts were dumbly thrown into the fire, they may be able to detect something like that. The fireman who spoke on camera expressed concern that the fire had been set. It seems he had already drawn some conclusion against an electrical fire or some other common accidental reason for the fire.

Pressure washers are expensive. You can get a household one for around $200. but I don't know how effective they are. Industrial ones costing $1,700 each are good ones that will clean the siding on your house easily. The cheap ones should be at least 1600 psi. I have no idea why I know that but I wish I had one as it would be handy but not used too often.

The weather has been really hot down there, wonder if gators would do that? But all the limbs, and head?
Prob bull sharks. Alligators strictly brackish? Not salt at least I think.

Someone mentioned RM a bit ago and I wanted to share something that I've found very interesting from the first time he was mentioned. The distance between the last time Mickey was seen, his home and where her bike was found. To me, this looks like it could be a sort of "comfort zone".

Another DWTIQ coincidence - Daddy has a Z71 which is in front of their house.

Another DWTIQ coincidence 2 check out across the yucky water from their house. A boat launch with...YEP...another white truck with an empty boat trailer.

:waitasec:

Yep, I always say, look inbetween for the area where a person is the most comfortable then go out about 25 miles.

Sorry, piercing inside her nose. Don't know how that works, I don't ask questions, I just always see something silver up there, I can't help but look she's like 5 inches taller than me lol

if anyone has any questions about tattoos or piercings, i do both for a living and can give answers.

to those who "cant understand why people get lots of tattoos or piercings" (not talking about any specific person here) we all have different ideas of beauty. There are people who cant understand why you may color your hair, or wear makeup, or push-up bras, spray tans....i could go on forever. Just because the tattoos are there forever it doesn't make them any different. People get them because they feel it enhances their body. enough said. Please stop with the judgement.

(and yes, i know there are people with tattoos because they want attention. remember, not everyone is like that.)

Who are we talking about? Lots of other cases coming up on MS's threads. I'm having a hard time sorting out the posts.

You mean the stables?
Yes, I believe when someone goes missing their work place should be looked into just to make sure nothing unsavory (like a crazy jealous co-worker) was going on in the life of the victim through work.

Who are we talking about? Lots of other cases coming up on MS's threads. I'm having a hard time sorting out the posts.

You mean the stables?
Yes, I believe when someone goes missing their work place should be looked into just to make sure nothing unsavory (like a crazy jealous co-worker) was going on in the life of the victim through work.

Jaren Lockhart

Reading Daily Advertiser stories without subscription

Just clear your cookies. In Firefox:

-Tools>Options>Privacy>Remove Individual Cookies
-In the search panel, find any cookie with the strings "gannet" or "theadvertiser" (without the quotes) and delete them by pressing "Remove Cookie"
-Press OK
-Point and laugh at the script monkeys who designed that feature for The Advertiser.

Alternately, as a temporary solution, you could simply use a different browser than your preferred browser and read another 8 (or however many they allow you to read) articles.

OT, but I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on it.

I use DolphinHD on my phone, and it works fairly well when the phone is oriented in landscape mode...but I've been curious about TT for a few months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517