LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets get some clarification on this.

Like I have said I find it incredible that in a missing person case that LE has given ONE press conference in 4 weeks.

Four weeks later I know virtually nothing about what she liked besides the fact that she had a very unique array of pets.

So lets ask the mods :)

Which then leads me to the corruption allegations. What role has that played into this case?

Thank you. I would appreciate knowing where the boundaries are.

It just doesn't make sense to try and figure out what happened to someone without knowing hardly anything about her. There just seems to be such an incomplete picture of her life.

Do y'all remember that fire of the tool shop, the news said it was arson. And, the truck parts stollen? Also 2 pressure washers.
That seems weird to me. Do any locals know if any more news was ever reported about that.

This to me was another totally off the wall event!!!

I think it deserves being looked at closer. Maybe there is nothing to it but dang they stole the panels and burned the shop?

If it was about drugs would they not want to burn the traces of the drugs?

Thank you. I would appreciate knowing where the boundaries are.

It just doesn't make sense to try and figure out what happened to someone without knowing hardly anything about her. There just seems to be such an incomplete picture of her life.

To the Moderators

Can someone clarify exactly what we can look at with respect to Mickey considering LE has given ONE press conference?

This thread would so greatly appreciate it!!!

I think there is lots to discuss here.

I do know though I am getting veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy tired lol

So please keep brainstorming all of you!!!

So many terrific ideas!!!

I wonder if they may still be there?

Would be a miracle but maybe worth looking into?

He said that he was going to look into it. Hopefully he can get to it soon! Tricia asked him if they were 100% positive that it was Mickey on her bike in front of Circle K and he said yes it definitely was her. She was identified by her family. But I'm wondering if A.C.I. does think that it's her on this new footage that hasn't yet been viewed, would her family even consider looking at it if it's found by him and not "their" PI or by LE? I would hope so...

I have wondered the same thing. Two cute little blonde sisters, imo, might have goofed around, laughed about people who tried to pick them up. Just a hunch. I think it is possible that someone got upset with them that night. And they were drinking because she was still hungover.

They weren't together that night. Mickey asked Charlie to go meet her but Charlie ended up staying with friends in Baton Rouge (I think) and not meeting up with Mickey.

Eta: are you talking about Thursday night or Friday night? My comment was about Friday night so sorry if you were talking about another night.

There was a carnival right down the street from Kathryn Markham's apartment, the night she mysteriously went missing. Some have wondered if she went outside to find her cat or walk her dog or smoke a cig, and met up with a carnie worker.

It's Katelyn Markham and this website http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...phalt-paving-projects-are-in-progress-nearby/ talks about her and 5 other women who are petite, young, blondes and red heads who all disappeared without a trace. That website brings up the fact that there was road construction near where all of them live. There is also a paving project on 90 but there's probably a paving project in most cities.

Anyway, just throwing this out there.

It's Katelyn Markham and this website http://pibillwarner.wordpress.com/2...phalt-paving-projects-are-in-progress-nearby/ talks about her and 5 other women who are petite, young, blondes and red heads who all disappeared without a trace. That website brings up the fact that there was road construction near where all of them live. There is also a paving project on 90 but there's probably a paving project in most cities.

Anyway, just throwing this out there.

If the same companies or employee can be tracked to all the same areas, of course it would be more than coincidence. Who and how can that be done? The hours most went missing is of interest to me. Early morning hours. Here in Cali when it's hot, construction is done overnight when it's cool with huge lights. What about LA?

Night guys and gals! Way past my bedtime!!! Be back tomorrow...

Even if a tape shows Mickey a block further along, for example...I assume LE would know this by now, and it hasn't appeared to be helpful...guess I am not seeing how it would be a huge help to know if she disappeared one block down, more or less...she is still just as gone...JMO

Also, as far as Katelyn and a carnival...it was actually a church fair. Not sure that would entail out-of-state carnival workers? I just don't see a link with any of the other missing girls, JMO...

If the same companies or employee can be tracked to all the same areas, of course it would be more than coincidence. Who and how can that be done? The hours most went missing is of interest to me. Early morning hours. Here in Cali when it's hot, construction is done overnight when it's cool with huge lights. What about LA?

Occasionally but not often. I guess it depends on the job. The La. Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) would know what construction companies were being used for what jobs. Seriously doubt though they would just offer that info up to the general public.

Even if a tape shows Mickey a block further along, for example...I assume LE would know this by now, and it hasn't appeared to be helpful...guess I am not seeing how it would be a huge help to know if she disappeared one block down, more or less...she is still just as gone...JMO

Also, as far as Katelyn and a carnival...it was actually a church fair. Not sure that would entail out-of-state carnival workers? I just don't see a link with any of the other missing girls, JMO...

For selfish reasons, I think video of her further along would be great for our discussion just for the reason that we could stop talking about her dying in front of Circle K. I feel like discussion really shut down for a long time because everyone was talking about that. It still comes up pretty frequently. Like I said, selfish reasons.

In response to other statements-
Most cities I know have some sort of construction going on and not all of these women went missing in the early morning hours. Not really a link in my opinion. IT would be like saying all the cities with missing women had a park.

I don't think it was just one or two blocks down the road. I think it's footage from one of the main streets she was heading towards to get to her house. After about 3 or 4 blocks past where she was last seen, there are no more businesses or houses until she turned off of St. Landry so it would be highly unlikely for her to have been captured on film past that area until she got onto one of the main roads.

Reading the forums for a while and praying for the Shunicks. The only physical evidence located in Whiskey Bay was Mickey's bike. It's a known located item and not within the vicinity of her path towards home. Maybe I've watched too many documentaries, but what about an experiment? The only way to know if the bike was meant to be found, how it entered the water, if the grips separated (doubt that) is replicating the situation. JMO. Again, it's the only evidence located (along with the grips). This experiment could explain the grips too. (If they were removed and tossed by the bike in the water or noticeable in the brush due to color). Also, there are fisherman and boaters at this spot. How is it that not one person saw someone putting a bike into a body of water? This is not a social norm. So maybe this person or people were seen by someone older (no computer) who fishes WB on a routine basis? (Fishes same day of the week, same time).

The evidence IMO to concentrate upon is the bike. If that can be "figured out" IMO it'll help locate Mickey.

Occasionally but not often. I guess it depends on the job. The La. Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) would know what construction companies were being used for what jobs. Seriously doubt though they would just offer that info up to the general public.

bbm: I would think it would be a matter of public record -- tax dollars at work!

I don't think it was just one or two blocks down the road. I think it's footage from one of the main streets she was heading towards to get to her house. After about 3 or 4 blocks past where she was last seen, there are no more businesses or houses until she turned off of St. Landry so it would be highly unlikely for her to have been captured on film past that area until she got onto one of the main roads.

A few pages back, some RUMORS about Mickey being sighted on foot were mentioned; IF (big IF) those rumors turn out to be true, maybe the additional footage shows her on foot...? But why would it not be released?

Reading the forums for a while and praying for the Shunicks. The only physical evidence located in Whiskey Bay was Mickey's bike. It's a known located item and not within the vicinity of her path towards home. Maybe I've watched too many documentaries, but what about an experiment? The only way to know if the bike was meant to be found, how it entered the water, if the grips separated (doubt that) is replicating the situation. JMO. Again, it's the only evidence located (along with the grips). This experiment could explain the grips too. (If they were removed and tossed by the bike in the water or noticeable in the brush due to color). Also, there are fisherman and boaters at this spot. How is it that not one person saw someone putting a bike into a body of water? This is not a social norm. So maybe this person or people were seen by someone older (no computer) who fishes WB on a routine basis? (Fishes same day of the week, same time).

The evidence IMO to concentrate upon is the bike. If that can be "figured out" IMO it'll help locate Mickey.

:welcome5:

Welcome to WebSleuths, Passin'!

Hey there,

I wouldn't put it like that.
I had an issue with your Photoshop that had black pixels - a "driver's head," in place of white pixels.

Could you explain to me whether you actually painted in black pixels with a brush, or did you use some kind of filter that turned white pixels to black? I'm a veteran Photoshop user, and it threw me to see a black mass where before there was white. Yes, I criticized it heavily - my main criticism being that there wasn't a large label right on the photo. Someone apparently cropped your image without your permission, and so others began taking your creation as the real photo - and it made the discussion become wildly OT.

So I hope you won't be bitter about it, but will realize that on a blog people can alter your posted images and then it has a domino effect. It happened to me too - someone improperly cropped one of my "bike-drop" images and steered the discussion wrong.

I see in your latest images you explained more of what you did, and I appreciated that.
:)

I am sorry to see that some folks have been taking logical discussion and debate of theories/images as a personal attack, and complaining. Yes, I saw some people get more personal than others, and the WS TOS says to address/criticize the post, not the poster. There is no room to be criticizing posters who are here to add ideas to help find Mickey. But I for one, think it's very valuable for people to propose theories, and then for others to use logic to pick them apart or support them. That constant critical process serves the purpose of identifying valid possibilities and discarding others by finding the logical flaws. So I hope people will continue to propose theories, and also that they will grow a little bit thicker skin. If people are free to propose theories but others aren't free to evaluate them, and that constructive criticism isn't allowed to happen, then I think that WS loses a degree of effectiveness, and then just becomes a place to voice opinions but not have them evaluated. I think that that critical evaluation results in theories and valid avenues to pursue in finding Mickey.

In summary, folks please continue to submit ideas, and don't take it personally when others dispute them with logical criticism. Logical criticism is constructive. It's not about shielding one's ego; it's about vetting ideas to find Mickey!

My opinions only, no facts here:

I use something better than Photoshop.

Heavens! I do not recall altering pixels from white to black. The only excuse for doing this would be to create a thin one-pixel wide outline of an important image against a dark background. I have to say, that my images seem to be re-used and cropped, removing the voluminous disclaimers that surrounded my original images. I suppose that I could put diagonal text fully across my enhanced images, but that tends to block out subtle details and turn off viewers completely.

There was a story in the national news in the past few days about a kid who was tied up and thrown in a ditch and it is some big deal. This happened to me in the 8th grade. Some high school guys attacked me and tied my hands behind my back and my legs together and threw me in a ditch. Their knots were firm and I laid there for a long time before being discovered by a passerby. But what did I think? I thought it was quite funny. I was laying in the ditch laughing about the prank. But by the time I entered High School there were no more pranks. The other boys would step off of the sidewalk when I walked down it.

This is how I view life. I am not offended or insulted by anyone. I just become stronger. But I am coming to realize that altered images are just too powerful. They can bias the rational opinion of our good and intelligent viewers here. This exercise of investigation at Websleuths has nothing to do with being tough or becoming tough. I simply have been struggling with a simple way to present enhanced images and not create an uproar or more confusion regarding the investigation.

Let me put this another way. If I said in my text message that I saw Marilyn Monroe standing behind the white truck, I would be roundly ignored and maybe ejected from the site. BUT, if I doctored an image to show Marilyn Monroe standing behind the white truck (which I could do extremely convincingly), I dare say that I could severely impede our efforts to solve this case. I might still get the boot from the site, but my images would persevere on viewers' computers and remain more powerful than subsequent words, my good friend. It is a quandry. Every enhanced image I produce comes with the risk of moving the case in the wrong direction.

if you are a runaway and you want people to think you are dead you do a bad job of hiding your bike in the swamp, at an exit that boaters use all the time, maybe? if you want to runway, maybe you do it at a time when no one would suspect you would runawy, maybe? Before your birthday, before your brothers graduation, maybe? maybe you don't plan to runaway, maybe an opportinity just comes along?, maybe? An old fling shows up and you go for it, maybe? just trying to think outside of the box. Because all there is right now is a damage bike that was poorly hidden.

From everything I have seen and read Mickey is happy, adventurous, was well liked and loved others. She is an adult who obviously has the freedom to come and go as she pleases.
A runaway is unhappy, quite often because they lack freedom or are in a an unhappy living situation.I dont't see that here.

Abducted makes more sense than running away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018