LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys....the thing that has been bothering me about this case the last couple of days is the poster who came on here and stated that he/she had seen someone matching Mickey's description riding in the same area she as last seen in with another cyclist that the poster thought might have been with her. This seems like a HUGE clue to me (if it's in fact true). If another cyclist was with her, who was it and did they see anything?? It seems like someone who knew her cycling routes and/or her plans to ride home at that time of night would have had the best/easiest opportunity to disappear with Mickey with the least amount of fuss.

Also, the poster said they reported the sighting and nobody got back to them. Over and over on these threads we have been asking, how could someone not have seen or heard something? All I can think is that probably people DID hear and see something and we are just not privy to that info or the info may have fallen through the cracks somehow.

I hope MS is home soon!!

what's the difference even if she didn't go to taco bell? video and pics are taken of her riding her bike home after this incident and people received phone calls and text messages during/after taco bell. what would it change? on the security cam of taco bell you can't see her but you can see her friend handing someone food and talking to someone in the car. and her credit card was used. and she said she was there. why speculate on something that doesn't matter?

I'd like to see the camera footage you describe, although I don't doubt that Mickey was in the car with Brettly at the Taco Bell drive-thru. FWIW I think it's a bit odd that they used Mickey's card to pay for a little bit of food instead of cash, but maybe that's just me. I'm not really sure what the point of your post is, because speculating and guesswork and general brainstorming is better than apathy. IMO

I'm glad they've got the DNA. I hope he is caught soon.

I'm not familiar with the website you linked, but I find it so, so frustrating that the white truck is referenced in Lauren's case, when it has been public knowledge that truck had zero to do with Lauren's disappearance.

She links Mickey to Morgan because they are similar in appearance, went to college and disappeared after concerts. It isn't impossible. If LE obtained DNA from the bike, at least they'll have something to compare it to.

Just another observation: FBI is not linking the perp in Morgan's case to Mickey, nor are they linking the sketch to Mickey.

'Whether Mickey Schunick is one of this sexual predators victims, or Morgan Harrington was his first. The only logical conclusion that we can arrive at, is that he is recidivist. He has evaded LE/FBI for years and his total victim count may be virtually limitless. Such is the case in stranger on stranger abductions.

How many more innocent victims will the predator responsible for Mickey Schunick or Morgan Harrington, claim before being identified and arrested? Sadly, only time will tell.. Especially when the antiquated strategy of silence is being utilized by Law Enforcement...

Just a thought I want to share regarding text messages sent or received by Mickey during the night of her disappearance. People seem to have stopped actually talking on phones, so now we can never be certain who is actually texting from a phone. Case in point: a friend of mine texted me to say she'd just had a baby boy one minute previously. I imagined her texting while delivering, then was later told that it was her partner who had texted the message to me from her phone. :blushing:

Irony; I posted about the Pulitizer Prize winning documentary; 'Angels & Demons' by Tom French, about Oba Chandler, serial killer of the Rogers family, etc..

It is airing on Discovery ID today/now.. parallels..

:welcome4:

From what we know, Mickey was feeling tired and a little unwell (which begs the question, why did she cycle home at that time). However, we know she had a can of mace with her and knew she was taking a risk cycling home alone. If we look at other ways she might have been lured that did not involve injury, then it points to being offered a lift home by someone she knew (perhaps another student or a neighbor or someone she trusted) or a policeman (fake or otherwise). We know she loved animals, so if the person had a dog she might also feel safe with another animal lover. Just some guessing here.

I also thougth of ananimal, I know that I myself have gotten out of a vehicle at night on a dark road to check on an inured animal. I' am just so tired of silence!! I want to know things are getting looked into, I want to know that people still are devoting efforts, I want to know SOMETHING!!!

I'm at a disadvantage bc I never found the actual "writings on the wall" post, just the aftermath which ultimately lead to the graffiti discussion. I feel like there are distracting coincidences in this situation; possibly including the graffiti, these lyrics, ect. which have lead to lengthy OT discussions. But I'm afraid that the minute any minor detail is dismissed, it will be that one distracting coincidence that needed to be explored. It's like a sleuthcatch-22. I just know that this song has been stuck in my head since reading the discussion. "I ain't gonna go blind for the light which is reflected" (reminds me of the circle K pic) "interstate 5 stayin' alive Won't someone try open up your eyes You must be blind if you can't see The gapin' hole called reality" (interstate 5 is in California, but x2= I-10 [longshot, I know])

Can anyone remember something being said about parallels??? I'm 99% sure it was in this forum. If so, please find the link. In the meantime, read this (may have already been covered but..)

http://www.hometowninvasion.com/photo/louisiana/when-two-parallels-touch

This is so frustrating :maddening:

I guess I am lost.. anyone? I dunno, maybe I am a blonde.

;)

I'd like to see the camera footage you describe, although I don't doubt that Mickey was in the car with Brettly at the Taco Bell drive-thru. FWIW I think it's a bit odd that they used Mickey's card to pay for a little bit of food instead of cash, but maybe that's just me. I'm not really sure what the point of your post is, because speculating and guesswork and general brainstorming is better than apathy. IMO

Definitely no apathy from anyone here on this thread, obviously or we wouldn't be here. It's just that this situation has been discussed in this thread and on the media multiple times. It's so close to fact that to me, it's a waste of brain power to focus on. Also, as I posted, it really makes no difference whatsoever if she did or did not go to taco bell. so what's the point of wasting time/brain power/thread space speculating on it some more?

Mickey herself also told someone on the phone she went to Taco Bell.

we don't know who that individual is, or if their trustworthy. we'd be farther along now if BW's interviews weren't so off putting. Shifty eyes is bad news, and I can't connect emotionally with anything he says. Little things bother me like "then I closed the door" and "be safe".

anyway... have you seen this guy?
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/1a/08/1a0862857046d20564e0b17285820a8b.jpg

1a0862857046d20564e0b17285820a8b.jpg

FBI wanna know if he was in Lafayette the night of...

So this makes me theorize that a plausible scenario could have been simply the perp in his car, pulls aside to her, starts a conversation - asks for directions, makes small talk, even flirts and at first she is not too concerned as she's in her comfortable hometown and familiar with being out late at night and before you know it, he attacks. Could be with a gun - get in the car or else. Could be that he opened the door hard and knocked her off her bike and he grabs her. Geez, so many directions this could go.

Also, in regards to the bike whether it was discarded hours or days later, I do believe that it was never taken apart but moreso damaged from being discarded or damaged due to weather, boats, etc.

The fact is that no witnesses have come forward and there's no known video footage of who exactly took Mickey, so it's all "guessology". I can share my own insight here though, and tell you that my own firsthand experience with a would-be abductor went like this: He followed me in his car, stopped at a green light, waiting for me to catch up. I took a detour to avoid him, but he caught up with me, when I had to stop at an intersection. He opened his car door, smiled sweetly and offered me a lift home. He looked nicely dressed and well groomed. I quickly said *no thanks*, then sped off and prayed to God to get me home safe. Lucky for me, I was only 5 minutes away from home. He was driving right behind me..so I got onto the sidewalk and ran to my door, keys in hand...ready to punch him with my keys through the spaces between my fingers! I will never forget that night (felt like we were the only two people living on the planet, as it was so deathly quiet). If I'd been abducted, there would have be no witnesses, no video cams, nothing..and I wouldn't be writing this post. I really feel for Mickey and I pray for her safe return. :star1:

we don't know who that individual is, or if their trustworthy. we'd be farther along now if BW's interviews weren't so off putting. Shifty eyes is bad news, and I can't connect emotionally with anything he says. Little things bother me like "then I closed the door" and "be safe".

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/hash/1a/08/1a0862857046d20564e0b17285820a8b.jpg

Can you link to the article and not just the image?

n/m found it. He's the Morgan Harrington suspect.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mickey-shunick-case-answers-may-lie-with-morgan-harrington-case-and-fbi

I literally cannot remember the last time I had cash on me. Paychecks are direct deposit and I pay for even dollar purchases with my debit card. Maybe Mickey is the same?

It is hard for me to imagine Taco Bell being hoaxed or even BW lying at this point. It would mean at least two different people would have to be in on it including one of them buying a Mickey wig beforehand and an identical outfit to what she was wearing. I am also assuming if BW's car had been seen driving around we would have known about it. It is just one case where I genuinely do not suspect the person she was last known to be seen with.

Definitely no apathy from anyone here on this thread, obviously or we wouldn't be here. It's just that this situation has been discussed in this thread and on the media multiple times. It's so close to fact that to me, it's a waste of brain power to focus on. Also, as I posted, it really makes no difference whatsoever if she did or did not go to taco bell. so what's the point of wasting time/brain power/thread space speculating on it some more?

I understand your frustration. I think it's just that sometimes it's a good idea to look over everything again to see if we've missed something that might help find Mickey. :websleuther:

I think Mickey being at Taco Bell is one thing that can be considered a fact. It is ridiculous, IMO, to be doubting that, unless you are clearly accusing BW of something.

Thank you.

We DO know who the phone call was from! That has been verified by LE, and has been linked a dozen times. And YES the call was from a trustworthy person.

Taco Bell and the phone call are FACTS.

Your reaction to Brettly's interviews isn't universal. I don't find him off putting at all. His on-camera interview was done after his lengthy interview by LE, so I don't find it odd at all that he includes little details. He is not a person of
interest.

I literally cannot remember the last time I had cash on me. Paychecks are direct deposit and I pay for even dollar purchases with my debit card. Maybe Mickey is the same?

It is hard for me to imagine Taco Bell being hoaxed or even BW lying at this point. It would mean at least two different people would have to be in on it including one of them buying a Mickey wig beforehand and an identical outfit to what she was wearing. I am also assuming if BW's car had been seen driving around we would have known about it. It is just one case where I genuinely do not suspect the person she was last known to be seen with.

Mickey's sister said that 'she would never leave alone that time of night'. Not so clear whether that's a fact. It's easy for me to imagine anything and everything. I have a flexible view towards a lot of elements in the case save for one. I don't think she got one foot farther than the Consolidated Government Building under her own power.

Mickey's sister said that 'she would never leave alone that time of night'. Not so clear whether that's a fact. It's easy for me to imagine anything and everything. I have a flexible view towards a lot of elements in the case save for one. I don't think she got one foot farther than the Consolidated Government Building under her own power.

Charlie said Mickey didn't take off on her own, she did not "disappear herself."

She did not say Mickey would not ever be out on her bike alone at that time of night, in fact Charlie confirmed it wasn't unusual for Mickey to head home alone on her bike at that time of night.

Thank you.

We DO know who the phone call was from! That has been verified by LE, and has been linked a dozen times. And YES the call was from a trustworthy person.

Taco Bell and the phone call are FACTS.

Your reaction to Brettly's interviews isn't universal. I don't find him off putting at all. His on-camera interview was done after his lengthy interview by LE, so I don't find it odd at all that he includes little details. He is not a person of
interest.
time to link to it again. I haven't seen it and we have a bunch of new web sleuths. I don't mind you defending whomever you feel like you need to defend. That's alright with me. 4+ weeks... who am I supposed to trust again?

Charlie said Mickey didn't take off on her own, she did not "disappear herself."

She did not say Mickey would not ever be out on her bike alone at that time of night, in fact Charlie confirmed it wasn't unusual for Mickey to head home alone on her bike at that time of night.

well I'll have to look around and find out why I believe I heard the exact opposite of what your saying. IS BW french?

http://gma.yahoo.com/mickey-shunick-disappearance-searchers-bike-route-where-missing-083453291--abc-news-topstories.html
well.. here we sort of have the best of both worlds..

[affiliate KATC-TV in Lafayette, La.

The FBI, state and local police, and nearly a thousand volunteers are searching this morning, but have found no trace of the young woman. Friends say she wasn't drinking, and that Shunick was an avid cyclist, so riding her bike at that hour was not unusual.

Shunick's older sister says she never would have left on her own, and that Saturday was her brother's graduation. Monday was Mickey's own 22nd birthday, and the two had big plans. ]

The examiner is not considered a reliable source for anything and in fact is generally not even allowed on WS, as it is little more than a blog...anyone can submit articles there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member