LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember looking up the little Cajun saint a while back. She is buried in st Edwards catholic church cemetary in Eunice. I wonder if that is the cemetary. Is it near his childhood home?

That is Charlene Richard and the church and cemetery are in Richard, LA.. It is actually not very far from where his trailer in Lawtell/Swords is--but I am not sure about the childhood home--anyone remember where the childhood home was? (or at least where he lived in HS?)

When I read about the farmer reporting the mounds I remember thinking about the grave digging story and wondering if LE thought to check any REAL fresh grave-sites I had this vision of him putting her under the dirt on top of someone who had recently been buried. It seems a cadaver dog run through all the local cemeteries might be a clever idea. I'm thinking the scent of the real deceased would not trigger the dogs as they would have been embalmed and be in sealed casket. May be my macabre mind working overtime though :):what:

That is Charlene Richard and the church and cemetery are in Richard, LA.. It is actually not very far from where his trailer in Lawtell/Swords is--but I am not sure about the childhood home--anyone remember where the childhood home was? (or at least where he lived in HS?)

When I read about the farmer reporting the mounds I remember thinking about the grave digging story and wondering if LE thought to check any REAL fresh grave-sites I had this vision of him putting her under the dirt on top of someone who had recently been buried. It seems a cadaver dog run through all the local cemeteries might be a clever idea. I'm thinking the scent of the real deceased would not trigger the dogs as they would have been embalmed and be in sealed casket. May be my macabre mind working overtime though :):what:

557 N Brasseaux St, Church Point, LA, 70525

I found out his childhood home was on Flatwood Ridge Road, Church Point. However, I cannot find that road on any map. Does anyone recognize that road? I assume it was renamed.

ancestry.com

OK, that begs the question: how much time *did* LE spend out there? I was away during the week that search was conducted, so I missed out on most of the details not provided on Twitter.

They were out there for only a few hours.

I had this thought early on. However, I did read somewhere that cadaver dogs would have a hard time in cemeteries. BUT, that also would be the "perfect" spot, would it not?

On a 'remembering a victim' note, I just did a tattoo of mickey's bike :)

I'm not positive, but I think this article is a bit different from the first one we read.

http://www.theind.com/news/10922-crowley-hairdresser-lavergne-had-knife-wound-on-neck

It's from the Independent, but the facts are the same as the other.
I am not sure how to word this but someone BSL was incarcerated with told my husband that BSL was stabbed in the neck while in Avoyelles Correctional Center in Cottonport. This information was shared prior to BSL's arrest.

I wonder if she thought it was a knife wound at the time, or kind of after the fact...

I think she thought it was at the time and in fact in the original article, she says it looks like a knife wound...I think it was only later that she decided to make it clear that she "thought it looked like a knife wound, but could've been from something else."

Although basically an avid lurker, an amateur poster, I miss all you experienced sluethers. I feel lost and all alone on this thread. Lol! I know you there...I'll find you...!

FYI: dyingtoknowthetruth is now a verified insider.

FYI: dyingtoknowthetruth is now a verified insider.

Dyingtoknowthetruth...I became a WS member because of you...Just so you know! Something about your written words spoke undeniable pain to me. Unexplainable pain i felt alongside with you. I long for you to find the answers. Know that a stranger wishes solace for you and your family's hearts.

Can we post areas of where we think should be looked into on this thread?
No, that's the purpose of the "brainstorming" thread. Don't forget, this thread will close some time this week.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178155"]LA - Mickey Shunick Search *Brainstorming Thread* MAPS - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I think she thought it was at the time and in fact in the original article, she says it looks like a knife wound...I think it was only later that she decided to make it clear that she "thought it looked like a knife wound, but could've been from something else."

that's what i remember too. she didn't want to people to think that she knew it was a knife wound, but she definitely thought it was a knife wound

If what someguy said is true, it seems like BSL had an okay relationship with his adoptive father - the one sick at a NOLA hospital the week before and the week of MS's disappearance. BSL was originally to pick the man up and bring the man home from the hospital. So I don't think there was abuse in that particular relationship. If there was a bad past, then why would BSL visit him in the hospital and offer to bring him home? I'm confused as to who could have abused him as a child

Well, do we know for a fact that BSL offered to bring him home? If BSL had been abused by him as a child, especially mentally abused, then BSL may have felt an obligation of sorts to the dad. Or in other words, making BSL feel like he was forced to pick up his dad and bring him home. Some parents have a way of making their children feel responsible for them.

Just my opinion from my own experience with my mother.

Well, do we know for a fact that BSL offered to bring him home? If BSL had been abused by him as a child, especially mentally abused, then BSL may have felt an obligation of sorts to the dad. Or in other words, making BSL feel like he was forced to pick up his dad and bring him home. Some parents have a way of making their children feel responsible for them.

Just my opinion from my own experience with my mother.

i know what you are saying.

but i'm still not convinced that both Cynthia's husband's aren't alive. someguy said that he BSL spent the first week visiting his dad in the hospital then the second week he wasn't there visiting any longer. that second week was the week that MS disappeared.

so if he was visiting and people found it strange that he stopped visiting, whoever was in the hospital must have been someone he truly wanted to visit. so maybe it's the 2nd husband that was just in the hospital?

do we know FOR SURE that Cynthia's 2nd husband died of cancer in 2009? maybe the first husband died of cancer in 2009?

i wish someguy would come back and clarify some of this for us. makes me wonder if LE asked him not to talk to us?

i know what you are saying.

but i'm still not convinced that both Cynthia's husband's aren't alive. someguy said that he BSL spent the first week visiting his dad in the hospital then the second week he wasn't there visiting any longer. that second week was the week that MS disappeared.

so if he was visiting and people found it strange that he stopped visiting, whoever was in the hospital must have been someone he truly wanted to visit. so maybe it's the 2nd husband that was just in the hospital?

do we know FOR SURE that Cynthia's 2nd husband died of cancer in 2009? maybe the first husband died of cancer in 2009?

i wish someguy would come back and clarify some of this for us. makes me wonder if LE asked him not to talk to us?
IMO her second passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member