LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm: That was my comment in the earlier discussion -- it sure does!

It might be a four lane (or two lanes with parking on both sides) street. Gotta know where it is.

To all of our new members posting here for Mickey, :greetings:

:welcome5:

Slowbutshelly, interesting. Who put $9 gas in your car and were you just not able to pay that person back? I have not gone back out to search since it became more organized, bc I dont feel safe not being allowed to have my cell phone. I have kids. Did you ask Charlie about this? Seems odd they would turn you away.

SHe saw me with my bags and said 'these are for the search units". I said well I was just on a search unit. I think she thought I was stealing things. I think what has happened is that I volunteered when the search was beginning when it was very haphahazard and now it has gotten more organized. I was the disciplinary subject on the end of the new organizational structure I am sure. Yet I am upset about not being able to go to blackham and help search. Can anyone give me any insight about if they have heard anything of volunteers not being asked back and why? What can I do now?

A lot of times people in groups like to try to establish some sort of political culture and she probably sees herself as some sort of self-annointed ruler and probably gets off on telling others what to do. It happens all the time.

Louisiana is still in the USA, a free country. You can go out and search on public property if you want and on private property with permission from the owners, even if it's just as an individual effort. You can keep your eyes open for the Caddy and the white truck, and for Mickey. You can do your own thing and can probably do a better job on your own without being henpecked by that lady.

What if the truck is stopped? Maybe Mickey struggled and they had to pull over for a second? this would be only a minute or two after the suspected abduction.... there may have been a struggle in the truck and the "Caddy" driver saw it and instinctively turned the wheel to get a closer look? Or else he was turning into that apartment. Should be easy to check. LEs should have already gone through this thinking.

The picture with the apartment building in the background and the foliage in the foreground is at about 220 St Landry.

Oh, okay. The was the issue with Mickey not showing up there (not getting down that far).

GREAT work with the links!

Hmmmm,,, now I'm finally starting to focus on picture3auto.jpg.

WHAT is going on there? Is the truck pulled over? Moving? Is there somewhere there for the "Caddy" to turn? Why are the wheels left? (Yes, they are) Did it just change lanes? Location is important, YES.

What the heck is going on in that photo?

To all of you wondering about time stamps and routes. Some of the same photos have been posted in various places both with and without time stamps. If you are interested in the VOI pics go back to thread 4 and retread. That is where most of the discussion has taken place and shows all of the photos, some with time stamps and some without. Someone even posted google sat map with the routes all color coded for Mickey and each of the VOI. Worth a reread if you are unclear.

GREAT work with the links!

Hmmmm,,, now I'm finally starting to focus on picture3auto.jpg.

WHAT is going on there? Is the truck pulled over? Moving? Is there somewhere there for the "Caddy" to turn? Why are the wheels left? (Yes, they are) Did it just change lanes? Location is important, YES.

What the heck is going on in that photo?
Another question is whether the brake lights are on or not. It could be preparing to turn left at Calder St.

So we need to know if the apartment building on Landry has a driveway that is accessible from where the Cadillac appears to be turning?

Quoting a post from near the end of the previous thread:

That is the photo in which, some were saying the other night, it appeared the car may be stopped or slowed down (brake lights) with front wheels (and thus headlights) possibly turned slightly to the left, as if to get a better look at something.

ETA: A poster had taken that photo and sandwiched it with a photo of the same location in the daytime -- it was pretty interesting. That poster happen to be with us now? If so, could you repost? (If not, I'll try to hunt it up.)

Quoting myself to post the link below, which I think (hope!) will take you to the post a few threads back where CIRCA provided the overlay photo:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7971836&postcount=365"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #4[/ame]

I say "we" as in the royal "we."
Even all the way out here in Los Angeles.

What if the truck is stopped? Maybe Mickey struggled and they had to pull over for a second? this would be only a minute or two after the suspected abduction.... there may have been a struggle in the truck and the "Caddy" driver saw it and instinctively turned the wheel to get a closer look? Or else he was turning into that apartment. Should be easy to check. LEs should have already gone through this thinking.
It's past the turnoff into the apartment parking lot. The next left is Calder St, which is maybe 6-8 carlengths ahead.

You see, now I'm coming full circle. The discussion of the photos was where I first found the site, but I was too late to get the gist of it. Now i need to pay my dues and really ponder the truck-car sequence.

It's past the turnoff into the apartment parking lot. The next left is Calder St, which is maybe 8-10 carlengths ahead.

So the "Caddy" may be completing a lane change to tuen left on Calder? Is that Calder, directly adjacent to the truck's right?

(Talking about the photo of the car)

Could the Caddy person live in those apartments? Or is that way too easy?

chicken fried --- I'm lost in these threads... they're going too fast!

I'm curious about that car... did you definitely decide on it being a cadillac?

A boyfriend of mine from long, long ago inherited his dad's 1980s Buick Electra. It was this exact model:

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/85625337@N00/4418541320/"]1980-1985 Buick Electra Park Avenue Sedan | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

They are long as heck! We once took it on a roadtrip and had 7 (young) adults in it (his car had bench seats in the front).

The reason I ask is because the photo that shows the back of the car seems to inaccurately shrink down the size of the back window because of some sort of fisheye effect. You can see the weird way it curves by looking at the apartment building in the back. Also, it looks like the car has the same kind of brake lights/tail lights that slightly wrap around, if the motion blur on the first photo of this car is accurate.

Oh yeah, and their wheel wells are not round, but more square-ish....

Anyhow, not questioning your knowledge of cars... just wasn't sure what I have and haven't missed in the threads! I'm so far behind!! :)

Edited: Here's some more versions of that car that look like helpful photos... I'm still trying to find one that looks like it's colored like the ones in the surveillance photos.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7206/6953028017_2a59d5276a_b.jpg

http://pics.imcdb.org/0is105/berlineus2az3.5131.jpg

http://www.boutiquecalandre.com/images/NEO/neo44775_77-Buick-Electra-Sedan.jpg

http://www.smcars.net/forums/attach...lectra-limited-1981-buick_electra_1984_30.jpg

At that time of night, a lot of people could've had questionable-at-best blood alcohol levels making them reluctant to notify the police even if they had seen a crime in progress. And after they sobered up, they may feel like they still can't report it because of concern about violating some law about not reporting a crime.

Has anybody thought about riding their bike along the suspected route and filming it and putting it on YouTube? Ride at a normal pace and we can compare the times and see just how in a hurry she was. Also everyone who isn't local can get a good idea of what it looks like.

That would be good, but please don't do it in the dark, and be careful. I wouldn't want to encourage something that could result in another's injury.

Another question is whether the brake lights are on or not. It could be preparing to turn left at Calder St.

Also, could have been paused just momentarily to pick up or drop off someone who lives in the apartments.

There was a text after the call. Such a short amount of time. Maybe she ate in the car on the way to B's?

Sorry, I know we are discussing the VOIs again but I need to put in my two cents.

Somewhere (I should have saved copies of all of the interviews) I believe I read that BW said they ate in his kitchen. Honestly Taco Bell isn't something that takes forever to eat, but if they did hang around and eat it makes the timing sequence that much tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500