Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

The bar he was at stopped serving him b/c of how intoxicated he was, he was walking around a very dangerous and drug infested area (not the hotel/bar area which is relatively safe), after midnight on a Wednesday, part of the time with a homeless person, and made multiple ATM withdrawals. This strongly suggests a drug angle. As a local there is literally no other reason for him to be in that area. Beyond that the rest is rumors at this point, people on a local message board claiming to have BRPD sources saying there was a history, nothing has been made public by an official source. normally i would totally ignore, but in this case it fits the fact pattern. Either way I don't think it makes this story any less important or tragic.

thought i'd drop this here in case anyone found it helpful:

I work downtown and on my lunch break i drove by the location (news was out there). I was surprised - It is not exactly what i pictured from the reports. The location is not on Chippewa or Scenic Hwy. and is not really visible from either. It's on Lobelia ave between chippewa and Ontario st. (It is right behind that funeral home) my take aways:

1. Whoever put the body there is very familiar with that area. Not just saying they are familiar with NBR generally or the hood or whatever. They are familiar with that exact location. It is tucked away and basically invisible from either main road. No chance this was someone just driving around looking for a good dumpsite.

2. The likelihood of his, not from Baton Rouge middle aged white guy, business partner leaving the body there is precisely ZERO.

3. Its possible even likely the body has been there since Feb. 23rd.

Moo-

I find it very odd the client claims to have eaten and had beers at Happy’s from 9:30-11:30 when NM left. I’m assuming he is referring to himself when it comes to the beers seeing as how Happys has stated Millard was cut off due to his level of intoxication upon arrival and only served him water.

I am from BR. Have been to Happys multiple times. They do not serve food.

I dont even think they have a kitchen area equipped to do so even if they wanted to.

Is it possible they brought in food from elsewhere…. Absolutely.
Had they picked up food from somewhere else before? If so why would the client leave that detail from the updated timeline in the press release? Again. MOO. Just something about that doesn’t sit right with me knowing they don’t serve food.

That detail would also have most likely been added to the updated press release of NM’s last scene/gone to timeline which includes the Lyft ride to Happys which is why we now know he arrived there at 9:30pm. Not later which was previously reported.

So my question is…. Did they stop somewhere to get food before? If so where?

And have the investigators confirmed via Happy’s surveillance cameras that they did indeed eat the food purchased elsewhere in the bar and have beers?

If they didn’t eat.. which I’m leaning towards they didn’t….

Then why did the client lie about it?

Also If NM was cut off like the bar has said and just drinking water… what highly intoxicated adult who is wanting to drink More and being denied drinks… hangs around at a bar only serving him water for 2 more hours?

To be cut off from drinking means you asked for more and were denied what you wanted. Drunk people in general… do not respond well to this. Drunk people in general wanting to drink more… especially those past the level of making good decisions… tend to want to leave the establishment denying them drinks as soon as they are cut off.

They very rarely sit around and drink water watching their friend/client drink beers for the next 2 hours.

It’s much more likely and logical someone staying in a hotel only a block or two away… would just go back to their room and head to bed…. Or…. Leave the bar he’s been denied to drink at and walk to one of the other bars a few blocks away.

Again.. think logically about all the statements. All of the errors in the initial press release and reports… something is missing …. Moo…even the new updated timeline… something is very off logically about the entire night/case.

Including his level of intoxication the night before a very important early morning meeting his company flew him out to try and get the bid/contract for.

Is it possible he doesn’t drink often and had very low tolerance? Absolutely.

But if he was cut off by 9:30… it just makes me wonder if there was more than alcohol enjoyed that night? No judgement. Father of 5 away for the night, maybe he was very stressed out with work and wanted to add a little something with the booze to take the edge off and escape the stress of life for a night.

But again…. It just doesn’t seem logical the night before an important meeting.

It will be interesting to find out if he simply had a low alcohol tolerance, if he was drinking something harder at the game besides beer…. Or if they stopped somewhere before Happys and took shots of liquor?

Or was he slipped something purposely to impair his judgement purposefully and there is something more nefarious going on here.

Either way… if I’m an investigator I’d want to know these things right now.

1.) what was he drinking at the basketball ball? And how much?
2.) did they have cocktails or shots before or after the game? If so where? And what?
3.) does he regularly drink like this on business trips or at home?
4.) during 7:30 pm FaceTime with wife… did she think he was buzzed or on his way to being drunk. Because in less than 2 hours later… he was so drunk he was cut off by a bar in a town I have very rarely seen this happen in.
5.) what is his normal alcohol tolerance and how often does he drink?
6.) does he have a history of prescription drug misuse or drug use?
7.) who he texted or called last?
8.) why the client was so worried he didn’t arrive to 8:00 am meeting knowing how intoxicated he was the night before… most people would be worried yes.. but leaving the important meeting almost immediately to do a welfare check on a man you’re in town with for business and demanding a welfare check by 9:00 am is suspicious. Did he have a reason to be concerned something happened to him? If so, what was the reason?

I’ve been on a lot of business trips. Some included nights of drinking where co workers missed early morning meeting. My first thought wasn’t to do a welfare check… it was damn… they are going to regret that and I hope they don’t get fired for this. Second thought… I’ll go check on them after the meeting… but if I knew they took something other than alcohol, knew they went to meet up with someone / stranger for any reason…

Yes. Then I would abandon my meeting and request welfare check.

But only if I had information and reason to believe they could be in trouble or hurt.

Which is why I believe the client knows more. I do believe it’s likely he’s shared this with the police. Because I’m assuming they were also curious as to why he was so worried and called for welfare check at hotel so soon.

I realize completely I could be overthinking all of this and way off and misinformed on the details.

But again. Something is off with this disappearance and it’s hard to believe the robbery gone bad scenario.

Being from BR. Thugs rarely go to the effort to hide a body in an a robbery gone bad, crime of opportunity. They will kill you for $50 in your wallet yes… but it’s very rare they kidnap you and kill you and hide the body for an unplanned opportunistic drunk guy robbery.

The police absolutely know something the public does not. And so far the limited information given to the public … moo… does not add up all.

Something just doesn’t sit right with me about this case.

I pray for the family that he will be found safe. And I pray for the investigators working to solve this case.

It will be very interesting to find out what exactly happened and why.

The world is crazy so anything is possible.
Bbm
Hmmm.
Now that he's been located , maybe the autopsy will reveal more ?

I admit I have a hinky feeling about the people who last saw him ; do they know anything more ?
Did he walk or get an Uber back to his hotel ?
Was Happy's the last place he went or did he go somewhere else ?
Is he on security cameras at the times the witness last saw him ?
(So their account can be verified ?)

Rest in peace Nathan.
What a tragic outcome !
My condolences to his relatives.
M00.

While I did suspect NM may have fell victim to foul play I was holding out hope he would be ok. This outcome is really sad and my thoughts are with his family.

I hope they find who dumped him in that vacant lot..

Exactly! Sadly, I think he ran into foul play in that fine city of Baton Rouge. Shame on this city! They have a terrible reputation. IMO the hotel as well as Nathan's company should have alerted any traveler to the dangers of THIS CITY.
I think it’s on the traveler/tourist to do their due diligence on all areas that they travel to. imo

There is literally the risk of danger in any city you go to. Some are worse off than others but you can't blame an entire city for the bad actions of some. He got drunk. He wandered in to the wrong area and unfortunately he ran in to someone who did not have good intentions. It happens all over the country every day. I'm sad that this happened to him. You definitely have stay aware of whats going on around you at all times.

Good point @Cryptic if they went to the gentleman's club why was it so short in duration?

Also, I'm confused. Did NM have a drink at Happy's or was he refused service from the beginning?
my opinion, pure speculation, he face timed the wife from the game, then not to long after he and his buddy decided to ditch out and head to the penthouse club. The timeline for him going to the penthouse only after the game and getting back to Happy's by 9:30 is way too tight.

Sad to read Nathan has been found deceased - my thoughts and condolences are with his family and friends, heartbreaking to think of his children being told this news.
Trying not to think the way I naturally want to think when you hear a body has been found rolled up in a rug/plastic - any chance that Nathan, in his reported intoxicated state, rolled himself up in an attempt to keep warm and something else happened ie medical event?
Unlikely I know, but continuously have Debbie Collier case in back of my head these days when I really thought foul play occurred then it turned out to be not foul play.
Trying to be open minded to all possibilities I guess.
Either way, it is a sad end to someone's life who was greatly loved by his wife and kids. I hope they find some comfort in the fact he's been found and can be returned home to them to be laid to rest.

moo

The manner in which Nathan's body was discovered leads me to believe there was indeed foul play.
If so, there needs to be justice for him !

If NM's death was an accident, why hide him ?
It certainly looks like someone wanted to conceal the manner and time of his passing.
M00.

Last edited:
Sad to read Nathan has been found deceased - my thoughts and condolences are with his family and friends, heartbreaking to think of his children being told this news.
Trying not to think the way I naturally want to think when you hear a body has been found rolled up in a rug/plastic - any chance that Nathan, in his reported intoxicated state, rolled himself up in an attempt to keep warm and something else happened ie medical event?
Unlikely I know, but continuously have Debbie Collier case in back of my head these days when I really thought foul play occurred then it turned out to be not foul play.
Trying to be open minded to all possibilities I guess.
Either way, it is a sad end to someone's life who was greatly loved by his wife and kids. I hope they find some comfort in the fact he's been found and can be returned home to them to be laid to rest.

moo
My guess is that if it was a type of 'rolled up' like placing oneself at the edge of the rug and rolling sideways ... maybe.
But iirc there was plastic wrapped around him as well ?
Where would he obtain that in an unfamiliar city ?

Graphic :

Also, was the carpet rug and/or the plastic taped from the outside, so as to keep him from rolling free of it,
(indicates another person involved) ?
In a way, this might be a good thing as evidence will have been contained.
They may be able to lift fibers and also to maybe check stomach contents to see where the food came from, if not from 'Happy's', then where ?
If the food was delivered, who put in the order, and was NM seen out on the sidewalk or at the bar/lounge door picking it up ?
Security cameras need to be checked out, and I'm sure LE are doing this.
LE may know more than they're ready to reveal.
Etc.
Imo.

Last edited:
There is literally the risk of danger in any city you go to. Some are worse off than others but you can't blame an entire city for the bad actions of some. He got drunk. He wandered in to the wrong area and unfortunately he ran in to someone who did not have good intentions. It happens all over the country every day. I'm sad that this happened to him. You definitely have stay aware of whats going on around you at all times.

Murder happens quite a bit in rural America as well.

my opinion, pure speculation, he face timed the wife from the game, then not to long after he and his buddy decided to ditch out and head to the penthouse club. The timeline for him going to the penthouse only after the game and getting back to Happy's by 9:30 is way too tight.
This is an important post IMO - astute thinking.

And I am glad a few psots have mentioned not blaming the whole city. It is not the city that murdered this man - it is the fault of whomever murdered this man. That is who is at fault.

The manner in which Nathan's body was discovered leads me to believe there was indeed foul play.
If so, there needs to be justice for him !

If NM's death was an accident, why hide him ?
It certainly looks like someone wanted to conceal the manner and time of his passing.
M00.
To me it's 50/50 between this and hiding an OD in Louisiana if you provide drugs to someone who OD's you can be, and often are, charged with second degree murder (mandatory life without parole). So this is a big motivation to obscure what happened even if it was an "accident".

Don't get me wrong him being murdered is just if not slightly more likely. I think the autopsy will likely clear that up hopefully quickly.

To me it's 50/50 between this and hiding an OD in Louisiana if you provide drugs to someone who OD's you can be, and often are, charged with second degree murder (mandatory life without parole). So this is a big motivation to obscure what happened even if it was an "accident".

Don't get me wrong him being murdered is just if not slightly more likely. I think the autopsy will likely clear that up hopefully quickly.
Ita.
Hoping for answers soon for his grieving loved ones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back