Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

Man with ties to Nathan Millard investigation taken into custody Tuesday

There has been an arrest.

UPDATE: Jail records show that Perkins was booked Tuesday on charges unrelated to the Nathan Millard investigation. It's unclear whether police have already questioned Perkins relative to Millard's death.”
Charged with violating his probation.

I didn't think of that, but it's a very strong motive to hide a body. Avoid going back inside, potentially for a long time, on previous charges.

JMO

Man linked to Nathan Millard investigation tried to 'disguise' stolen car as case drew national attention

Article was updated.

An arrest warrant obtained by WBRZ says Perkins had been driving a 2004 Toyota Camry that was reported stolen Feb. 3 on East Buchanan Street. Police allege that Perkins spray-painted the car's bumper, removed a rear bumper sticker and swapped the car's plate in an effort to disguise the vehicle around the same time that Nathan Millard's disappearance "gained national attention" in late February/early March.

Arrest records also said Perkins was caught on surveillance cameras using Millard's credit card at two different businesses on Highland Road, in the old South Baton Rouge area, within days of Millard's disappearance.

Perkins' listed address is less than a mile from the vacant lot off Scenic Highway where Millard's body was found wrapped in a rug and covered in plastic on March 6.

That article doesn't say the car was found near where the body was found.
I'm hoping we have an approved source link for that info?
That's pretty specific, and if true, pretty dang obvious why it was torched.

They literally just said it on WBRZ news on tv. Will post video if I find it. “Torched not far from where the body was dumped.”

Probably stole them after he died. Jmo
So many questions: Was this the same man that was seen on video with NM walking downtown? Was he seen on camera anywhere else? LE thinks NM probably died from OD, so could it be the guy hooked him up with some drugs, he OD . Then was taken in carpet etc., driven in the stolen car and placed at the funeral home place. Then he took NM's debit card, etc. and used it in various places. Then decided he better cleanup his crime......painting over license plate, etc. Then burns the car.

So many questions: Was this the same man that was seen on video with NM walking downtown? Was he seen on camera anywhere else? LE thinks NM probably died from OD, so could it be the guy hooked him up with some drugs, he OD . Then was taken in carpet etc., driven in the stolen car and placed at the funeral home place. Then he took NM's debit card, etc. and used it in various places. Then decided he better cleanup his crime......painting over license plate, etc. Then burns the car.

Then he took NM's debit card, etc. and used it in various places.
The use of a debit card was mentioned earlier in the case, but was confusing. It referred to it being used at an ATM.

My understanding is, you must have the pin number to access cash at an ATM, correct? Having someone's pin number definitely indicates foul play.

New reports specifically say Perkins used his credit card. He wouldn't need the pin for that.

With my bank, I can't just tap a debit card in a store, I need to use my pin, but I understand some banks allow contactless use of debit cards for purchases. Is this common?

JMO

Well, he didn't burn a 2004 Toyota Camry for insurance money.

I wonder if the police will review their position that the victim died without any foul play involved, because torching a car seems a bit extreme if there was nothing to see or find in the car...

I agree. I doubt he was transported to where his body was found. It really isn't that complicated & involves no conspiracy IMO.

I do wonder what was going on in his life that caused him to put himself in such danger on this trip. Was this behavior out of character?

I also wonder what his friend he met re: the construction project knows about NM's state of mind that night.

Leaving behind a wife, two teens & a young daughter who depended on him is so sad. Many victims are suffering now.

JMO
BBM
But at the presser (thank you @Allabouttrial ) they said he more than likely did NOT die there.

CAPTAIN - So, it does appear that he was left there but that's not where, most likely, not where he died. We are... I don't want to go into the details or our investigative efforts, but efforts are underway to locate and to talk to whoever may have put him there. And look, we'll ask, whoever put him there, if something happened and there was a moment of panic, come forward, we just want to know what happened to him, our goal is to find out what happened to him.

EDIT--just caught up and see an Arrest was made, car reported stolen FEB 3, way before NM was there, was found burned.

Obviously trying to burn it to destroy evidence.

So Many questions.. will wait for more info.

Last edited:
This alarming report posted MAR 12, 2023
When seeing this report, my first thought was of Nathan being seen at the Chevron Gas Station.

Addictive Gas Station Heroin disguised as a herbal supplement
Cost $30. We were told NM withdrew nominal amounts of cash.

Thankful the arrest of Perkins indicates Law Enforcement is conducting a good investigation.

Yeah, people steal and burn cars here in Louisiana like you and I go to the grocery. Between car jacking and just outright theft, it is out of control. The car thing is not surprising, to me. It should be absolutely shocking, but its not. I'm so tired of our crime.

Yeah, people steal and burn cars here in Louisiana like you and I go to the grocery. Between car jacking and just outright theft, it is out of control. The car thing is not surprising, to me. It should be absolutely shocking, but its not. I'm so tired of our crime.
I have great sympathy. I'm sure many people leave if they can, and so that concentrates the criminal element even more.

I expect the fires are to destroy their fingerprints, because police do a pretty good job of keeping track of people through that system.

JMO

Why would anyone burn up their car? Unless it was to destroy evidence.
To rid themselves of any DNA connected to NM and/or any surveillance cams that may have picked up the vehicle and could connect the dots to the driver and NM.

No matter how well someone cleans a car, seems they never get all the DNA out of them. I've wondered if he was already in the vehicle when he died. The funeral home was abandoned, so, thinking he couldn't go to LE, he wraps NM up and puts him behind the funeral home. Perhaps as an act of contrition?

I don't get the feeling he was deliberately murdered, but having a dead body on one's hands when there may be factors that could lead to one's arrest and incarceration, I can see someone doing this with the body. In the suspect's mind, NM is gone, no bringing him back, so do the best you can, and move on.

Idk how many victims of drug overdoses are found alone because everyone takes off (idk if his tox screens have shown o.d. or not, just theorizing). Some have even been found placed in or near cemeteries. Others talk about the "pact". If I die, just put me somewhere, and go. They know the one who they bought from will be incarcerated if caught. They made the choice to seek out the drugs though.

All the above is purely my conjecture.

To rid themselves of any DNA connected to NM and/or any surveillance cams that may have picked up the vehicle and could connect the dots to the driver and NM.

No matter how well someone cleans a car, seems they never get all the DNA out of them. I've wondered if he was already in the vehicle when he died. The funeral home was abandoned, so, thinking he couldn't go to LE, he wraps NM up and puts him behind the funeral home. Perhaps as an act of contrition?

I don't get the feeling he was deliberately murdered, but having a dead body on one's hands when there may be factors that could lead to one's arrest and incarceration, I can see someone doing this with the body. In the suspect's mind, NM is gone, no bringing him back, so do the best you can, and move on.

Idk how many victims of drug overdoses are found alone because everyone takes off (idk if his tox screens have shown o.d. or not, just theorizing). Some have even been found placed in or near cemeteries. Others talk about the "pact". If I die, just put me somewhere, and go. They know the one who they bought from will be incarcerated if caught. They made the choice to seek out the drugs though.

All the above is purely my conjecture.

This case has puzzled me from the get go, with a body being wrapped up, left, and it's considered accidental death. The "investigation still pending" part led me to believe they weren't just dropping it though.

The following is purely speculation on my part: If DP killed him deliberately, why not just dump the body in the river? That was my only reason for thinking that maybe whoever found him, or led him to an accidental demise, did not murder him or try to harm him intentionally. Bodies pop up in the Mississippi all the time and it wouldn't be far, it was also still dark. He can't help but be an opportunist and take the cash and cards though.

I think NM bought something that was not clean, and he overdosed. The man they arrested has a criminal history, for the most part, in stealing vehicles. He's had some charges for stolen property, bad plates, and a couple of weed possession charges over the past several years. The last arrest was more interesting.

DP's last arrest, I could find, was dated May 2020. His charges were different; Most significantly, there was a domestic abuse charge involving strangulation which, in LA, carries up to a three-year sentence, and he had two more stolen vehicle charges, along with a warrant. He's out on parole/probation after less than three years. Now this guy from out of town has died in his stolen vehicle. What to do? Hide the body. The funeral home sort of seems significant too.

That's my top theory. I have another, but, haven't got enough info on the times and places he'd been seen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back