Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

South BR crash related to Nathan Millard case, officials say

Detectives with the Baton Rouge Police Department say they were working in a neighborhood Tuesday, trying to gain more information on the Nathan Millard case. In particular, they were seeking more information about possible prostitution in the area.

As they walked up to a house early Tuesday afternoon, detectives said a man in a nearby white car quickly took off.
I’m just catching up on this thread, but it seems like a bit of a stretch to say this crash is directly related to this case. IMO, it’s only related in that LE were in the area to investigate possible ties to this case. I am a religious On Patrol: LIVE watcher, and YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE the number of people who run from the police. People with unpaid speeding tickets, people who aren’t sure if they have an active warrant, people who just don’t like the police. They run from the cops alllll the time even when they’ve done nothing wrong. If this area is even remotely seedy — and if the cops think prostitution might be going on there, I’m guessing that it is — I’d be more surprised if those hanging around the area DIDN’T run from approaching officers, honestly.

I would say to please disregard if it’s since been determined that the driver that fled and crashed actually was involved in this case… but I’d still stand by statement that it was a stretch to make that claim based solely on the information provided in this article.

I’m just catching up on this thread, but it seems like a bit of a stretch to say this crash is directly related to this case. IMO, it’s only related in that LE were in the area to investigate possible ties to this case. I am a religious On Patrol: LIVE watcher, and YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE the number of people who run from the police. People with unpaid speeding tickets, people who aren’t sure if they have an active warrant, people who just don’t like the police. They run from the cops alllll the time even when they’ve done nothing wrong. If this area is even remotely seedy — and if the cops think prostitution might be going on there, I’m guessing that it is — I’d be more surprised if those hanging around the area DIDN’T run from approaching officers, honestly.

I would say to please disregard if it’s since been determined that the driver that fled and crashed actually was involved in this case… but I’d still stand by statement that it was a stretch to make that claim based solely on the information provided in this article.
Hi religious OPLive watcher. I never miss a show. It is one of my most favorite shows. My husband rolls his eyes at me because I stay up till midnight watching in bed.

Has anyone been able to find the actual PDF version of the autopsy report?

From an article yesterday:
Hines said that preliminary autopsy results did not suggest foul play. The full results will be released after toxicology tests, which could help reveal how Millard died, are completed, said Shane Evans, chief of investigations for the East Baton Rouge coroner's office.

Court documents filed in support of the arrests of the three suspects allege that Millard was on a drug spree and died from an overdose, according to NBC affiliate WVLA of Baton Rouge.

So maybe it has not yet been released in full?

From this article:

His fiance will have to live with this for the rest of her life.

And knowing what his last hours were like.

If you read the affidavit for either of the women he was hanging out with,
They refer to AM as his fiance.

Last edited:
Imagine this is the last story told of your life, to your loved ones.
Imagine this being the legacy you leave behind, and how everyone that ever knew you, remembers you.

I can't even imagine that.
Yep. Every action has a consequence. Curious if he had this planned all along or one thing lead to another.

Yep. Every action has a consequence. Curious if he had this planned all along or one thing lead to another.
My bet is an unplanned relapse. Started small, just one beer won’t hurt. Then it snowballed. Most recovering addicts don’t plan that elaborately IMO. It just happens. The temptation is always there.

Last edited:
I feel so bad for his family, especially after all the details that have come to light. I just keep thinking about that picture of him with his little daughter and now she will grow up without her father. He had a meeting at 8:00 a.m. so how exactly did he figure he was going to make that meeting?

The two women were allegedly present when Millard OD’d in a rundown drug house while in the city to stake out a prospective gig for his construction company.

Their arrest warrants were filed after investigators interviewed alleged drug dealer Derrick “Stanka” Perkins, 45, who has been charged with improperly disposing of Millard’s body in a lot along Scenic Highway.

Perkins told detectives he had picked up Millard and two other people who were looking for drugs early Feb. 23 and that they drove around in his car for hours “getting high” on crack cocaine, according to documents cited by the outlet.

I find it odd that Nathan didn't have a personal cell phone with him, only a work phone.
i only have my work provided smart phone.... in the cases of past terminations etc.... staff are allowed to keep phones for two weeks minimum to transfer personal stuff to new personal phone. i.t. chief does scrub company network data off phone immediately though at time of termination.

The accounts from both suspects seem a little self-serving to me. IMO, all of the claimed events could have happened without NM ever intending to do drugs, asking for "white girls", having sex, and/or willingly handing over his money & credit card.

I believe that he asked to be taken somewhere safe. My internal jury is still out on the rest of the details.
Spot on! Totally agree.

I feel so bad for his family, especially after all the details that have come to light. I just keep thinking about that picture of him with his little daughter and now she will grow up without her father. He had a meeting at 8:00 a.m. so how exactly did he figure he was going to make that meeting?
I don’t think in that moment he was worried about the meeting, he was only interested in fulfilling his addiction and chasing his high. I feel terrible for his family. This information will always be out there. Hopefully the get counseling to help them come to terms with this.

Spot on! Totally agree.
IMO, LE may not have put out all the details which would prove their conclusion. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but NM isn't here to help us with answers. The two arrested are only going to provide answers in thier own best interest. What we haven't heard, are the more intimate details from his friend that night.

I said back at the beginning, when we first saw the elevator pics - the friend seemed mad or annoyed with NM. Could it be his friend saw him spinning off and there was no stopping him? What was NM saying at that point?

IMO, LE may not have put out all the details which would prove their conclusion. The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, but NM isn't here to help us with answers. The two arrested are only going to provide answers in thier own best interest. What we haven't heard, are the more intimate details from his friend that night.

I said back at the beginning, when we first saw the elevator pics - the friend seemed mad or annoyed with NM. Could it be his friend saw him spinning off and there was no stopping him? What was NM saying at that point?
Yes, I'm sure all three suspects have been separately interviewed and their accounts corroborate one another on key details. If it was a murder conspiracy, the suspects would be saying nothing not implicating one another.

Or at least have it remain as a family secret and not for very public knowledge.
Except when LE were initially trying to be discreet, just say it wasn't foul play, everyone (media, public, sleuthers and his partner) were outraged, accused LE of incompetence, etc. LE are forced to lay out for public scrutiny every sordid detail, or they will be blamed, it will be all their fault

JMO

Good point. I am surprised more info has not been shared re: his business friend's side of the story.

I think it was a spontaneous evening as well after drinking and at a certain point he just didn’t care about the meeting or maybe he was planning to make it still.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back