Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

I feel absolutely terrible for his wife and children ... but I think too much points in the direction of his making these choices willingly, at least up to a point. You don't ask around a bus station for "something to make [you] feel better" and "a girl to bring back to [your] room" if you're looking for a glass of warm milk and a bedtime story. His tragic end should serve as a cautionary tale about the dangers of addiction and how even alcohol, which is legal, can kickstart a very slippery slope of awful decisions. Sending hope for peace and healing to his family, friends, and colleagues.
1. Agree. I believe at bare minimum that that part of stories given, are correct and consistent.
2. Alcohol doesn't even have to be a slippery slope. The poison itself, as you know by your other comment, can ruin the lives of the addict AND the family. It is how I lost my SO loved dad when he was just 53 in 2021.

He was told by our family while growing up and then as an adult that having depression and anxiety was childish, and he "needed to be a real man and grow up". I wonder every single day what things would've been like if he had gotten the appropriate support.
I think it was a spontaneous evening as well after drinking and at a certain point he just didn’t care about the meeting or maybe he was planning to make it still.
Yeah, I think you're probably right. Either didn't care because, y'know, inebriation - or he deluded himself into thinking he would have no issues making it to the meeting

What concerns me, is how quickly LEO was ready to dismiss this case...they hadn't even had a complete toxicology yet.
I assume they knew things early on that the public didn’t know.
Besides the local chatter on the street that may have been shared early in the investigation by neighborhood informants, his wife and friends may have shared personal information we aren’t privy to.
I think it’s highly unlikely that someone searched the streets, shot up heroin and smoked crack for the first time, at 42, on a business trip. Jmo.

Last edited:
Yeahhhh… it’s funny (and by funny I mean not at all) how NM asked Perkins to “take him somewhere safe” because he believed the two in the store were trying to set him up to rob him. We’re supposed to believe that he was suspicious of the prostitutes but trusted their pimp? The only part of his story that makes a lick of sense is the part where NM feared he was being set up.

Also, I think it’s more likely that NM was hoping to buy an upper when he told the security guard at the Greyhound station that he was looking for something to make him feel better. Something that would help “sober him up” before his meeting — like cocaine maybe? But that’s JMO.
There were two other sex workers involved first, “LM and C”. The implication is they are not white, they were the women NM didn’t trust. They were left at the Circle K, then NM and DP proceeded to pick up the two “white women”, at NM’s request.
I believe investigators have interviewed “LM and C” too. Jmo.
Obviously NM was trusting enough to willingly seek out DP to hook him up with drugs and sex workers.
There is no evidence he was abducted or forced to withdraw money to buy drugs and pay sex workers, that’s clearly what he was looking for and police know that from their investigation.
They didn’t choose to not charge anyone with murder or manslaughter out of the goodness of their hearts or because they are ignorant to the ways of the street, they are basing charges on the evidence.
People accidentally overdose every day and plenty of normal looking people secretly like to take a walk on the wild side.

Suspected prostitutes linked to Nathan Millard's death face charges; one arrested Friday

BBM

In that interview, Perkins alleged that he initially picked up Millard and two other people — identified in police documents only as "L.M." and "C" — on Convention Street in the early morning hours of Feb. 23. Perkins said all three were looking for drugs and that they drove around in his car for hours "getting high" on crack cocaine, police wrote in one warrant.

The group eventually stopped at a Circle K gas station on Nicholson Drive a little after 4 a.m., with everyone but Perkins going inside.
Perkins explained that Millard had gone inside to get cash from an ATM but walked back to the car and asked Perkins to take him somewhere else because he feared that L.M. and C were trying to "set him up to rob him." Perkins and Millard left the gas station, at which point Perkins claims that Millard told him he wanted a "white girl" and "to go somewhere safe," according to the warrant.

Perkins went on to say that he and Millard first picked up Guidry, alleged to be a known prostitute, in that same area
. The three then went to a convenience store on Lorri Burgess Avenue so Millard could withdraw cash before heading to a house just blocks away on that same street.
Once there, Millard reportedly told Perkins he wanted more "white girls," prompting Perkins to go pick up Barner from her home.

Last edited:
perkins and millard dont know eachother but perkins is bending over backwards for millard's requests. confusing.

i feel even worse for his kids than his fiance... bc this'll be the last image of your dad in your head forever. and with the 4 teenagers, obviously at least some of their classmates will find out/ ughhh. poor kids.

There were two other sex workers involved first, “LM and C”. The implication is they are not white, they were the women NM didn’t trust. They were left at the Circle K, then NM and DP proceeded to pick up the two “white women”, at NM’s request.
(SBM) The affidavit says they are black. C is a man, not a woman. To quote:

"J.W. then introduced Millard to a black female prostitute, herein referred to as L.M. and a black male, herein referred to as C."

Per affidavit, Perkins says he hadn't spoken to T.G. since the incident occurred (assuming 2/23, the day of). Detectives interviewed T.B on 3/14. Perkins was already in custody by that point - they arrested him on 3/13 and charged him with Access Device Fraud and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle. They interviewed him again on 3/20 for charges relating to Unlawful Disposal of Human Remains, Obstruction of Justice, and Failure to Seek Assistance.

I'm not sure how much to trust the veracity of what each person has said, but if the timeline is correct, I don't think Perkins, T.G or T.B had time to or even thought of trying to coordinate stories/cover up what happened.

(SBM) The affidavit says they are black. C is a man, not a woman. To quote:

"J.W. then introduced Millard to a black female prostitute, herein referred to as L.M. and a black male, herein referred to as C."

Per affidavit, Perkins says he hadn't spoken to T.G. since the incident occurred (assuming 2/23, the day of). Detectives interviewed T.B on 3/14. Perkins was already in custody by that point - they arrested him on 3/13 and charged him with Access Device Fraud and Unauthorized Use of a Motor Vehicle. They interviewed him again on 3/20 for charges relating to Unlawful Disposal of Human Remains, Obstruction of Justice, and Failure to Seek Assistance.

I'm not sure how much to trust the veracity of what each person has said, but if the timeline is correct, I don't think Perkins, T.G or T.B had time to or even thought of trying to coordinate stories/cover up what happened.
Thank you for clarification on their genders.
I’ve only found the affidavits on adobe and didn’t want to sign up for the free trial so I haven’t read them.

perkins and millard dont know eachother but perkins is bending over backwards for millard's requests. confusing.

i feel even worse for his kids than his fiance... bc this'll be the last image of your dad in your head forever. and with the 4 teenagers, obviously at least some of their classmates will find out/ ughhh. poor kids.
It’s simply a business transaction, provide the service the customer wants and make money.
I suspect many “johns” probably have even more specific requests that are catered to, and that middle aged, middle class, married men traveling on legitimate business trips provide a lot of support to people in the sex industry.

I feel so very sad for this family. I don’t believe all of this had to be plastered across media. At the same time, I realize the significance of not having secrets when it comes to addiction. While I do not believe every word that is said by DP, I do believe that NM was likely looking for drugs/girls since the guard said this. I also know based on my own experience married to an addict (in the past) and having a family of addicts that an addict can “sniff” out other addicts. I probably didn’t use the best term and don’t mean it in a derogatory way. I recall a time that I moved my little ones to another state in an attempt to give their dad a geographical change so he would stop using and DAY 1 he met a fellow addict and was using again. I was floored. I’ve seen it many more times from him and others, so I fully believe this and believe that NM also knew where to look. Also, I’m not at all saying that I believe this but it did cross my mind that this latest info was plastered everywhere after NMs wife was pressing so hard for the truth. Surely, it wasn’t done out of spite? I doubt it but I couldn’t help but think it for a bit.

Yeahhhh… it’s funny (and by funny I mean not at all) how NM asked Perkins to “take him somewhere safe” because he believed the two in the store were trying to set him up to rob him. We’re supposed to believe that he was suspicious of the prostitutes but trusted their pimp? The only part of his story that makes a lick of sense is the part where NM feared he was being set up.

Also, I think it’s more likely that NM was hoping to buy an upper when he told the security guard at the Greyhound station that he was looking for something to make him feel better. Something that would help “sober him up” before his meeting — like cocaine maybe? But that’s JMO.

I feel so very sad for this family. I don’t believe all of this had to be plastered across media. At the same time, I realize the significance of not having secrets when it comes to addiction. While I do not believe every word that is said by DP, I do believe that NM was likely looking for drugs/girls since the guard said this. I also know based on my own experience married to an addict (in the past) and having a family of addicts that an addict can “sniff” out other addicts. I probably didn’t use the best term and don’t mean it in a derogatory way. I recall a time that I moved my little ones to another state in an attempt to give their dad a geographical change so he would stop using and DAY 1 he met a fellow addict and was using again. I was floored. I’ve seen it many more times from him and others, so I fully believe this and believe that NM also knew where to look. Also, I’m not at all saying that I believe this but it did cross my mind that this latest info was plastered everywhere after NMs wife was pressing so hard for the truth. Surely, it wasn’t done out of spite? I doubt it but I couldn’t help but think it for a bit.

His wife was trashing the BRPD saying that they didn't do their jobs etc. and that she wanted the state police brought in to investigate.

This probably would have been kept quite but she wanted answers and she wanted them now.

I assume they knew things early on that the public didn’t know.
Besides the local chatter on the street that may have been shared early in the investigation by neighborhood informants, his wife and friends may have shared personal information we aren’t privy to.
I think it’s highly unlikely that someone searched the streets, shot up heroin and smoked crack for the first time, at 42, on a business trip. Jmo.
Yes, first thing they would have known about was the ATM transactions. LE would have immediately viewed all the camera footage and seen it was him, taking out what was probably a lot of cash over the course of the night. They would have seen there was no one propping him up/guiding him to enter his pin number. I've no idea whether a blind drunk/stoned person can remember their pin number, but I doubt it.

LE would also have seen him dodging out on his two companions in the store: far from being under their control, he out-smarted them.

JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Just an FYI that, going forward, the-sun.com (the US tabloid) and thesun.co.uk (the UK tabloid) are no longer approved sources at Websleuths.

Just too, uh ... tabloidy ? :)

Obviously NM was trusting enough to willingly seek out DP to hook him up with drugs and sex workers.
There is no evidence he was abducted or forced to withdraw money to buy drugs and pay sex workers, that’s clearly what he was looking for and police know that from their investigation.
They didn’t choose to not charge anyone with murder or manslaughter out of the goodness of their hearts or because they are ignorant to the ways of the street, they are basing charges on the evidence.
People accidentally overdose every day and plenty of normal looking people secretly like to take a walk on the wild side.

Suspected prostitutes linked to Nathan Millard's death face charges; one arrested Friday

BBM

In that interview, Perkins alleged that he initially picked up Millard and two other people — identified in police documents only as "L.M." and "C" — on Convention Street in the early morning hours of Feb. 23. Perkins said all three were looking for drugs and that they drove around in his car for hours "getting high" on crack cocaine, police wrote in one warrant.

The group eventually stopped at a Circle K gas station on Nicholson Drive a little after 4 a.m., with everyone but Perkins going inside.
Perkins explained that Millard had gone inside to get cash from an ATM but walked back to the car and asked Perkins to take him somewhere else because he feared that L.M. and C were trying to "set him up to rob him." Perkins and Millard left the gas station, at which point Perkins claims that Millard told him he wanted a "white girl" and "to go somewhere safe," according to the warrant.

Perkins went on to say that he and Millard first picked up Guidry, alleged to be a known prostitute, in that same area
. The three then went to a convenience store on Lorri Burgess Avenue so Millard could withdraw cash before heading to a house just blocks away on that same street.
Once there, Millard reportedly told Perkins he wanted more "white girls," prompting Perkins to go pick up Barner from her home.
Well Said!!!! Thank you.

It’s simply a business transaction, provide the service the customer wants and make money.
I suspect many “johns” probably have even more specific requests that are catered to, and that middle aged, middle class, married men traveling on legitimate business trips provide a lot of support to people in the sex industry.
Yep.

My opinion remains that something happened to NM earlier in the evening that caused his actions later. My thoughts remain that something was given to NM in whatever he drank without his knowledge. Was it meant to ruin his company's ability to work on the project that he was sent to meet The Client about?

NM did not go to a BR business trip so he could do drugs and the other stuff w/ prostitutes. He wouldn't need to go out of town to be able to do those things.

I don't believe everything Perkins said to LEOs. Why would Perkins do all the favors that NM allegedly requested? Is P a nice guy who aims to please strangers?

Why do some refer to AM as a fiance and not as his wife? TIA

JMO -- All if this is simply my opinion

So since one of the women brought the drugs ( But it seems like NM willingly took them) could they be charged with murder or manslaughter?
Could be. This case reminded me of the death of John Belushi (though that was a much more upscale setting). Cathy Smith bragged that she'd injected him with the fatal dose, so she did time for involuntary manslaughter. Smith, who injected Belushi with fatal drugs, dies

However, in this instance, could the case be proven? Unless there's a confession, jury might not believe these two witnesses, who are accused of disposing of the body. They could have concocted this story afterwards.

JMO

14:502 - Failure to Seek Assistance
up to 5 years prison

8:652 - Unlawful Disposal of Remains
up to 3 years prison

14:130.1 - Obstruction of Justice
up to 40 years when capital punishment/life imprisonment
up to 20 years when it isn't

All three are charged with 14:502 and 8:652 (both are felonies).

Perkins is charged with 14:130.1 which is up to 20 years imprisonment, increased to up to 40 years when life imprisonment/capital punishment is possible.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back