Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

My opinion remains that something happened to NM earlier in the evening that caused his actions later. My thoughts remain that something was given to NM in whatever he drank without his knowledge. Was it meant to ruin his company's ability to work on the project that he was sent to meet The Client about?

NM did not go to a BR business trip so he could do drugs and the other stuff w/ prostitutes. He wouldn't need to go out of town to be able to do those things.

I don't believe everything Perkins said to LEOs. Why would Perkins do all the favors that NM allegedly requested? Is P a nice guy who aims to please strangers?

Why do some refer to AM as a fiance and not as his wife? TIA

JMO -- All if this is simply my opinion

If you read the arrest affidavits for either women, the document refers to AM as his fiancee.

Last edited:
So since one of the women brought the drugs ( But it seems like NM willingly took them) could they be charged with murder or manslaughter?
I think the people who bought the drugs for him are not dealers, they are suffering from addiction too, which is considered a brain disease. They also have families who love them and want them to get help. They indirectly supplied the drugs, buying them from a dealer and provided them to him at his request.
While it may be possible to charge someone with murder or manslaughter, it’s rare and convictions even more rare. There have been 15 people charged in the parish in the past decade resulting in one conviction.
Here’s an in depth article on East Baton Rouge Parrish use of the law.

Murder charges in drug overdose deaths are rare in Louisiana; police, prosecutors explain why | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com

Police say it's hard to meet the high standard of proof for a murder arrest in most drug cases; the district attorney says the charge isn't always appropriate; and advocates say it deters people from reporting when they need help and treatment.

"The idea is to actually just hone in on the person that is the actual dealer of drugs, not just a friend who gives folks drugs," he [East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney Hillar Moore] said. "We want the dealer to be at risk and subject to penalty."

Although overdose deaths continue to climb, this category of murder arrest remains infrequent.
Moore says this is due to several factors. His primary goal is to focus on treatment options for people who use drugs, "so they don’t die and aren’t victimized."

All deaths are investigated in the parish by law enforcement, but not every overdose death reveals the type of evidence that can open a homicide case.

In many cases.. there are multiple drugs present in someone's system, making it difficult to determine exactly which drug caused an individual's death.

"I don’t think I’ve waived on a heroin dealer," he said. "A heroin dealer knows that it’s inherently dangerous to deal heroin. But people who are possessing heroin and are not the dealer? Surely the mindset is much more treatment alternatives and not prosecution."

"You cannot get a dead person into treatment. As long as there’s life, there’s hope."

Last edited:
My opinion remains that something happened to NM earlier in the evening that caused his actions later. My thoughts remain that something was given to NM in whatever he drank without his knowledge. Was it meant to ruin his company's ability to work on the project that he was sent to meet The Client about?

NM did not go to a BR business trip so he could do drugs and the other stuff w/ prostitutes. He wouldn't need to go out of town to be able to do those things.

I don't believe everything Perkins said to LEOs. Why would Perkins do all the favors that NM allegedly requested? Is P a nice guy who aims to please strangers?

Why do some refer to AM as a fiance and not as his wife? TIA

JMO -- All if this is simply my opinion
I doubt his hometown in Walton County GA offered him the anonymity of Baton Rouge on a business trip, nor an excuse to his wife/fiancée and kids to disappear for a night. But we don’t really know how he supplied his addictions at home. [Edited to add:] We do know it was an ongoing problem as his wife is quoted saying she tried to talk him into rehab in October ‘22.
I suspect it all began that night with NM asking DP, LM, and C where he could buy crack and DP drove him in exchange for some crack. People will do a lot worse for a crack rock.
In cities in the US there are places where one can pull up on the the street and there are dealers who will come up to the car window and sell you drugs.
After smoking crack for hours an addict may turn to heroin to stop the jitters and the inevitable cravings for more crack.
I don’t think there is a drug that can be slipped in a drink that makes people unknowingly buy women for sex and do drugs while simultaneously appearing conscious and willing. (He’s on cameras with these people showing no signs of duress, according to police)
I understand his appearance makes people want to make excuses for his choices, but he had agency, and like many others he messed up chasing his addictions, thinking no one would know. A “what happens in Baton Rouge stays in Baton Rouge” mindset.
Addictions don’t differentiate based on appearances, status, or family.

Jmo

Last edited:
I doubt his hometown in Walton County GA offered him the anonymity of Baton Rouge on a business trip, nor an excuse to his wife/fiancée and kids to disappear for a night. But we don’t really know how he supplied his addictions at home.
I suspect it all began that night with NM asking DP, LM, and C where he could buy crack and DP drove him in exchange for some crack. People will do a lot for a crack rock.
In cities in the US there are places where one can pull up on the the street and there are dealers who will come up to the car window and sell you drugs.
After smoking crack for hours an addict may turn to heroin to stop the jitters and the inevitable cravings for more crack.
I don’t think there is a drug that can be slipped in a drink that makes people unknowingly buy women for sex and do drugs while simultaneously appearing conscious and willing. (He’s on cameras with these people showing no signs of duress, according to police)
I understand his appearance makes people want to make excuses for his choices, but he had agency, and like many others he messed up chasing his addictions, thinking no one would know. A “what happens in Baton Rouge stays in Baton Rouge” mindset.

Jmo
Agreed. If he’d gone to the meeting in the morning no one would have known…

I doubt his hometown in Walton County GA offered him the anonymity of Baton Rouge on a business trip, nor an excuse to his wife/fiancée and kids to disappear for a night. But we don’t really know how he supplied his addictions at home.
I suspect it all began that night with NM asking DP, LM, and C where he could buy crack and DP drove him in exchange for some crack. People will do a lot for a crack rock.

Jmo

It is fine with me that there is disagreement in how it went wrong for NM that evening in BR. I won't be upset to be wrong. It has absolutely nothing about this man's looks and am a bit insulted you feel that I may think it does.

I simply see a business professional who was in town for a business project. I've met more than a few successful professionals who end up on the streets after losing everything they'd worked hard to earn.

I know more than some others may about addicts and their addictions, although I've never been one. I've worked in a volunteer capacity with addicts as a Justice System Reform activist for years. Many addicts, from all walks of life, end up in the streets seeking their preferred poison. Many drug addicts need rehab; not jail sentences.

If NM wanted drugs and hooking with pros., why go to the bb game? Why not go straight to the bus station seeking illegal drugs and xeS? He's accused of withdrawing nominal amounts of money from ATMs. If true, who paid for the crack, heroin and the hookers?

Note: I've not had time to read the affidavits after receiving the links to them this evening.

JMHOO

Aha. So that's why Perkins was claiming he had a needle phobia and had to leave the drug house when NM was shooting up.
I doubt he was lying about the needles. He would have had track marks if he was a needle user, and the police would have made note of it because it plays into the investigation.

I just have to say, to no one in particular, the willingness of people to excuse one man in this story, while villainizing the other, is somewhat disturbing. Both men were addicts and are paying the price for their actions. What Perkins did with the body was wrong but according to the evidence police have gathered they don't believe he was involved with the drugs that were injected with a needle, so who is the public to step in and say it isn't true? People are in denial, because if they accept that Nathan made the decisions that lead to his death then they have to face the fact that this could happen to someone they love or trust. I dated a man who traveled for work and on every trip he would catch me up on what all the married men were up to on the trips. Between that relationship, and one with an addict, I learned that you really can't know what anyone does when they are out of sight, especially when it comes to addiction.

I doubt he was lying about the needles. He would have had track marks if he was a needle user, and the police would have made note of it because it plays into the investigation.

I just have to say, to no one in particular, the willingness of people to excuse one man in this story, while villainizing the other, is somewhat disturbing. Both men were addicts and are paying the price for their actions. What Perkins did with the body was wrong but according to the evidence police have gathered they don't believe he was involved with the drugs that were injected with a needle, so who is the public to step in and say it isn't true? People are in denial, because if they accept that Nathan made the decisions that lead to his death then they have to face the fact that this could happen to someone they love or trust. I dated a man who traveled for work and on every trip he would catch me up on what all the married men were up to on the trips. Between that relationship, and one with an addict, I learned that you really can't know what anyone does when they are out of sight, especially when it comes to addiction.
Hard agree.

So does this apply? I’m not well-schooled in law.

View attachment 411542View attachment 411543
As written, this is pretty nebulous and I'll bet they don't get a lot of convictions. I'm sure many OD cases involve multiple drugs and I don't know how this law defines "direct cause of death," so it could be difficult to figure out which drug caused the death. If someone took some illegal drugs before or after drinking all night and they die, what if they had enough of more than one substance in their system to kill them? Are they making a distinction between a dealer who sells coke tainted with fentanyl and a friend who offers you some without realizing it's tainted? The text mentions dealers but the wording of the law itself does not.

I doubt his hometown in Walton County GA offered him the anonymity of Baton Rouge on a business trip, nor an excuse to his wife/fiancée and kids to disappear for a night. But we don’t really know how he supplied his addictions at home. [Edited to add:] We do know it was an ongoing problem as his wife is quoted saying she tried to talk him into rehab in October ‘22.
I suspect it all began that night with NM asking DP, LM, and C where he could buy crack and DP drove him in exchange for some crack. People will do a lot worse for a crack rock.

Jmo
I missed the article that details NM had an on-going struggles with addiction and his wife/fiancée encouraging him to enter rehab.

This article has some details.

Ga. businessman hired prostitutes, used drugs before his death, warrants say

Arrest warrants for the two prostitutes can be found at this link: Police arrest 1 of 2 women wanted in connection with Nathan Millard case

It sounds like he was drunk out of his mind and looking for a girl to take back to the room. How did that lead to shooting up drugs?

There is no way that I would ever chance taking street drugs or shooting up drugs due to the Fentanyl epidemic. I guess that he was too drunk to think straight?? Very sad, indeed.

Why didn't his business associate make sure that he got back to his room? Maybe, he thought that he would be okay since the room was only 500 feet away.

Aren't you supposed to be able to get NARCAN for free at pharmacies? If so, everyone (especially, those dealing in drugs) should have it around just in case. I've even thought that the everyday person should have it just in case you see someone on the street who needs it.

JMO.
In the affidavit for T.B. (who is claiming to have never met Nathan) is said to have told LE that there was no room for her in Perkins vehicle when he stopped by her place for the Narcan as the backseat was “cluttered with clothing, food and miscellaneous items” and the front seat had been occupied. Yet per Perkins, he and Nathan road around in said vehicle with L.M.+C. before inevitably abandoning them at the Circle K gas station and scooping up T.G. I suppose it’s possible L.M.+C and T.G. made due with the supposed “clutter” in the backseat during their respective rides but IMO T.B. is most likely being dishonest as far as her interactions with Nathan are concerned.

/JMO

Coroner: Nathan Millard's death ruled an accident; cocaine and fentanyl found in his system

UPDATE: A coroner's report released Tuesday, March 28 said that an autopsy showed the presence of fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol in Millard's system. The coroner's office ruled his death an accident, listing the cause as the combined effects of fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol.
No morphine mentioned. Is fentanyl injected? Just thinking about the version of events from Perkins.

Didn’t Perkins allege that he was injecting Blue Magic which is Heroin? But no heroin in his system? That’s suspicious.

"He" as in Nathan?

Per affidavits, Perkins smokes crack cocaine and said he had to turn his head and leave the room while NM and the other two were doing drugs intravenously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back