GUILTY LA - Officer Daryle Holloway, 46, fatally shot, New Orleans, 20 June 2015

Many prayers for you, Officer Holloway, and loved ones.

:crying:

Lots of perps have learned how to move their hands over their heads to the front. And many have learned how to wriggle out of their cuffs. Which is why cops make them 'too tight' and people complain it is police brutality. But if the cuffs are too loose, they can be slipped out of.

How did the perp get the gun though? Wasn't there a fence or partition between the front and back seats?

The arresting officer must have been on bike or foot patrol. They should always let the arresting officer head back with the suspect since paperwork needs to be filled out.

Maybe since it was just a warrant arrest then the arresting officer wasn't warranted to go back. Or maybe he was a motorcycle cop and was heading back as well.

They need to start cuffing the handcuffs to something behind the suspects.

R.I.P.

You survive working through Hurricane Katrina just to run into this guy. Crazy.

Rest gently, Ofcr. Daryle Holloway. My condolences to your loved ones and especially your family.

-- What a god-awful job to have; my opinion of law enforcement has always been good. After reading stories like this, I appreciate them many times over. What they have to go through to keep us safe...many times taking risks we aren't even aware of !
I suppose it's wrong of me to wish this Travis Boys would just fall into a pond and society could be rid of him. Just cannot see what use he is to anyone at all ; many of these perps are like a walking cancer on society in general. :gaah:

:moo:

awful

rest well Officer Holloway

I didn't know you , Sir, but there are tears in my eyes and prayers in my heart as I learn of your dying in the line of duty.Thank you for your years of service as you take your leave from this world and may your loved ones left behind find Peace and Comfort as they travel this valley without you.

www.wtsp.com/story/news/2015/06/20/new-orleans-officer-shot-manhunt/29033741/
It was not immediately clear if the gun used was Holloway's or if he was carrying his own gun. Those details remained under investigation, Harrison said.

"We don't believe it was the officer's gun," said NOPD spokesman Tyler Gamble.

It's hard to believe Boys was not frisked before being placed in the patrol car , if this was indeed a gun that Boys owned/stole , and not the officers'.

While Holloway, 45, was shot, it was not immediately clear if he died from that wound since he crashed his unit at Elysian Fields and North Claiborne avenues. An autopsy is pending.
Even if Holloway was initially wounded and then died from the crash-- it's still Boys' fault -- imo. :(

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/orleans-police-officer-killed-transporting-suspect-31913121

"Officer Holloway put up a fight to try to get the subject to not exit the vehicle but succumbed to his injuries," Harrison said.

Department spokesman Tyler Gamble said police were trying to determine what weapon Boys used and how he obtained it, but do not believe Boys used the officer's gun.

Just a matter of time until he's caught. Imo. Unless someone is helping him.

:moo:

Police searching for suspect in six-block area surrounding Arts and N. Roman streets
By Mark Schleifstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on June 20, 2015 at 8:30 PM, updated June 20, 2015 at 10:06 PM

Dozens of police officers, many wearing body armor, flooded a six-block area surrounding the intersection of Arts and North Roman streets on Saturday afternoon (June 20) in an intense door-to-door search for Travis Boys, the 33-year-old accused of fatally shooting veteran NOPD Officer Daryle Holloway while being transported in the back of Holloway's police car.

The officers included representatives of the New Orleans Police Department, Louisiana State Police, Orleans Parish Sheriff's Office and other federal and regional police agencies.

Several men detained at site of search for cop killer
By Mark Schleifstein, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
on June 20, 2015 at 9:05 PM, updated June 21, 2015 at 1:12 AM

Officers conducting a search of an area near the Claiborne and Elysian Fields avenues location where a New Orleans Police Department officer was shot and killed have detained as many as three men at about 8:30 p.m. Saturday (June 20), but it's unclear whether any are Travis Boys...

[h=1]Manhunt for killer of NOPD officer enters second day[/h]
“The officer’s gun was not used,” Harrison said. “It was in his holster.”

A massive widespread search for Boys began Saturday and hasn’t let up into Sunday morning.

Crimestoppers increased its reward twice in the case. The reward for information leading to an arrest has risen to $20,000.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 504-822-1111.

http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=wdsu

I was following the search on twitter last night. They had 2 helis up, K9s and SWAT going door to door and searching inside.

NOPD ‏@NOPDNews [video=twitter;612308051589136384]https://twitter.com/NOPDNews/status/612308051589136384[/video]
#NOPD Officer Daryle Holloway was 22-yr veteran of department. Most recently assigned to 5th District. #NOPDAlert

Thank you Officer Holloway for years of service to your community; Condolences to his family and may his murderer be apprehended soon and brought to justice. So tragic. Rest in Peace Officer Holloway.

The Associated Press ‏@AP 43s43 seconds ago

BREAKING; New Orleans Police Department says it has arrested man suspected of killing police officer.

thank god :rose: bless you officer holloway :heartbeat:

eta.......... The Associated Press ‏@AP 3m3 minutes ago

MORE: New Orleans Police Department says a 33-year-old was arrested Sunday morning: http://apne.ws/1IXfECb

They chased him in a stolen truck saturday....he crashed it into a home and managed to escape. So glad he was caught this morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back