LA LA - Regina Marie Rowell, 20, Metairie, Jefferson Parish, 16 Oct 1981 *endangered*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
Just added to the DoeNetwork (4003DFLA - Regina Marie Rowell) today.
-
Name: Regina Marie Rowell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 16, 1981
Location Last Seen: Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana

4003DFLA.jpg
4003DFLA2.jpg
4003DFLA3.jpg

Physical Description
Date of Birth: December 23, 1960
Race: White
Height: 5"5
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde Shoulder length, curls in front
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Birthmark removed from Right (?) calf approximately 4 -5 inches-scar, Pierced ears.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Car, purse, wallet, ID all left behind in the car

Circumstances of Disappearance
Regina Rowell has been missing since March 16, 1981. Her car was discovered abandoned in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana but she was never found. She was living in Metairie and working at the VA Medical Center at the time of her disappearance.

Information Source(s)

Family Member

--
I don't have even a remote guess what could have happened to her, and I have yet to find a UID that matches. Glad her family is still looking after all this time.

Regina went missing on March 10, 1981 when her car was found abandoned on the Huey P. Long Bridge - still running with her purse on the seat. It was automatically assumed a suicide and it appears that no investigation followed. No police reports have ever been located and her body was never found.

Name: Regina Marie Rowell
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: October 16, 1981
Location Last Seen: Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana

4003DFLA.jpg
4003DFLA2.jpg
4003DFLA3.jpg

Physical Description
Date of Birth: December 23, 1960
Race: White
Height: 5"5
Weight: 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde Shoulder length, curls in front
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Birthmark removed from Right (?) calf approximately 4 -5 inches-scar, Pierced ears.

Identifiers
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Car, purse, wallet, ID all left behind in the car

Regina Rowell has been missing since March 16, 1981. Her car was discovered abandoned in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana but she was never found. She was living in Metairie and working at the VA Medical Center at the time of her disappearance.

Information Source(s)

Family Member

--
I don't have even a remote guess what could have happened to her, and I have yet to find a UID that matches. Glad her family is still looking after all this time.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for providing the additional details ... It rings a bell now ... do not believe a name was provided in the media when the car was found abandoned on the Huey P.

There is always hope in locating her she was very much loved by both family and friends!

Added to The Charley Project.

Regina Rowell – The Charley Project

rowell_regina.jpg
rowell_regina2.jpg
rowell_regina4.jpg
rowell_regina8.jpg
rowell_regina9.jpg

• Missing Since 03/10/1981
  • Missing From Metairie, Louisiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/23/1960 (59)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'5, 120 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A blue sweater or blouse and a gray/green plaid skirt.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Rowell has a four- to five-inch scar on her calf from where a birthmark was removed. Her ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Rowell was last seen in the 6900 block of Veterans Boulevard in Metairie, Louisiana on March 10, 1981. She lived in Metairie and worked at the Veterans Administration Medical Center at the time of her disappearance. has never been heard from again. On March 16, her vehicle was found abandoned on the Huey P. Long Bridge with her purse, wallet and identification inside it. Few details are available in her case.

Regina Rowell - Cold Case Missing (1981)

Regina’s car was found abandoned on the Huey P. Long Bridge in Jefferson Parish, with her purse and identification inside. Family were led to believe she committed suicide; however, her body has never been found and she was declared legally dead in 1987.

Crime Stoppers Tip 2012
According to family, in May of 2012 Crime Stoppers received a tip that was forwarded to Kenner Police Department. Specific details weren’t shared with family, only reassurance that based on the tip Regina had not committed suicide. Investigators indicated since no reports existed to corroborate the tipster’s information, further inquiry by them into her disappearance wasn’t possible. They suggested the FBI may need to become involved.

I think it’s very telling that her car was found on the bridge SIX days after she went missing. I doubt she drove it there. More likely, whoever abducted her needed to ditch the car and at the same time made it look like suicide. MOO

I wonder if the car was forensically examined at all. I know it’s highly doubtful, but if the car is still available (maybe kept for sentimental reason?) that would be invaluable.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GalfromWI
Back