LA LA - Rondreiz Cortez “Junior” Phillips, 4, Homer, Claiborne Parish, 05 Apr 2018

I believe you're correct. Remember this interview with NG (ex bf) back in November 2018:

He says he was having problems with his truck the day Rondreiz went missing. Gilbert says he went home, told Rondreiz’s mother, then left and went to Homer to try to check on his brother.

Gilbert says that when he came home, he asked Rondreiz’s mother where the child was and she told him he was over at his aunt’s house.

“We was calling her and calling her and she never answered the phone,” Gilbert recalls. “So my Aunt JoAnn was at the doctor. So I drove all the way to this doctor to where my Aunt JoAnn was supposed to be. She wasn’t there.
“I can’t really sleep. This is bothering me. This is bothering me so bad because I took two people out here on my grandma’s property, and somebody came out here and took one of them off my grandma’s property.”
Ex-partner of Rondreiz Phillips’ mother recalls day the child disappeared

And another case of complaining that LE didn't do enough. NG says they didn't have any boats in the water searching. LE actually drained all the area ponds. He complained about being mistreated on social media.

At the time of the interview he was homeless. I understand the mother moving out but why him? Anyway, they both seem to have moved on...

This version of the story is very different from the original story we were given.

4-year-old goes missing; search underway in woods in Claiborne

Original story was that at about 11:30 am, stepdad was outside working on his truck. Rondreiz was outside in the yard too. At some point he went missing, and stepdad said he thought someone must have taken him...

Mom was in the mobile home. She called 911 and reported him missing at 12:30.

There was NO mention of him being at his great Aunt's house or anything like that. The story was that the boy went missing while stepdad was working on his car.

So how did that evolve into stepdad coming home and asking mom 'where is Rondreiz?'

Or him driving all over town looking for him first, before reporting him missing?

Last edited:
I believe you're correct. Remember this interview with NG (ex bf) back in November 2018:

He says he was having problems with his truck the day Rondreiz went missing. Gilbert says he went home, told Rondreiz’s mother, then left and went to Homer to try to check on his brother.

Gilbert says that when he came home, he asked Rondreiz’s mother where the child was and she told him he was over at his aunt’s house.

“We was calling her and calling her and she never answered the phone,” Gilbert recalls. “So my Aunt JoAnn was at the doctor. So I drove all the way to this doctor to where my Aunt JoAnn was supposed to be. She wasn’t there.
“I can’t really sleep. This is bothering me. This is bothering me so bad because I took two people out here on my grandma’s property, and somebody came out here and took one of them off my grandma’s property.”
Ex-partner of Rondreiz Phillips’ mother recalls day the child disappeared

And another case of complaining that LE didn't do enough. NG says they didn't have any boats in the water searching. LE actually drained all the area ponds. He complained about being mistreated on social media.

At the time of the interview he was homeless. I understand the mother moving out but why him? Anyway, they both seem to have moved on...
This version of the story is very different from the original story we were given.
Original story was that at about 11:30 am, Stepdad was outside working on his truck. Rondreiz was outside in the yard too. At some point he went missing, and stepdad said he thought someone must have taken him...

There was NO mention of him being at his great Aunt's house or anything like that. The story was that the boy went missing while stepdad was working on his car.

So how did that evolve into stepdad coming home, noticing he was gone and asking Mom where he was?

Or him driving all over town looking for him first, before reporting him?

Original story was that at about 11:30 am, Stepdad was outside working on his truck. Rondreiz was outside in the yard too. At some point he went missing, and stepdad said he thought someone must have taken him...

So how did that evolve into stepdad coming home, noticing he was gone and asking Mom where he was?

Or him driving all over town looking for him first, before reporting him?
This is the story I remember reading. What did they do to this poor boy?!?!

This is the story I remember reading. What did they do to this poor boy?!?!

The stepfather made a public claim that he volunteered and passed a polygraph. Afaik LE hasn’t said anything about a polygraph.

Where is the advocate for this little boy? He has no voice and it seems as if he never was. Rondreiz, we care!

The stepfather made a public claim that he volunteered and passed a polygraph. Afaik LE hasn’t said anything about a polygraph.

Where is the advocate for this little boy? He has no voice and it seems as if he never was. Rondreiz, we care!
Well even if that is true Gary Ridgway passed two polygraphs during his notorious career as The Green River Killer,and not too long ago Shane Carey failed one. So they are really not reliable. MOO

Are they investigating this case anymore or have they given up?????

I would think that the main suspect giving two conflicting stories about the last time he saw the child, would be enough for them to open up the case again.

We should see if any local journalists would contact their LE sources s and ask.

Last edited:
Are they investigating this case anymore or have they given up?????

I would think that the main suspect giving two conflicting stories about the last time he saw the child, would be enough for them to open up the case again.

We should see if any local journalists would contact their LE sources s and ask.

Local LE state the case is still under investigation. Initially I had offered to start fundraising for a reward (I am local) and LE more or less told me there was no reason to do that. I understood that to mean that they are aware of the circumstances but can’t yet prove it. Unfortunately I don’t believe we will ever see a resolution/prosecution nor will we ever find this poor baby.

I know I am not allowed to post “hear-say”, but I believe you can look up criminal records of all parties involved and see that there is an extensive record of drug abuse and criminal activity.

Local LE state the case is still under investigation. Initially I had offered to start fundraising for a reward (I am local) and LE more or less told me there was no reason to do that. I understood that to mean that they are aware of the circumstances but can’t yet prove it. Unfortunately I don’t believe we will ever see a resolution/prosecution nor will we ever find this poor baby.

I know I am not allowed to post “hear-say”, but I believe you can look up criminal records of all parties involved and see that there is an extensive record of drug abuse and criminal activity.
That is very telling. Thank you for caring and offering....

Sometimes when there is tremendous dysfunction and chaos in the home, authorities have great difficulties just trying to arrest anyone and make a case. If there are no reliable witnesses, no verified timeline, everything is just too hard to prove. It is heartbreaking in this case. :(

AV4S7LZI6BDMVF6HLN3ZADQKG4.jpg

Age progression of Rondreiz Phillips released; missing boy now 7 years old

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer