LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kenny can answer that for us, but remember, Shane hadn't been living back in NOLA very long. That's what makes me think he could've turned the wrong way, in addition to being under the influence. Truth be told, I've turned in the wrong direction on a few rare occasions simply because my mind was preoccupied.

I did forget he had not been back for long. That is very valid!

How did the brother get to the accident scene? Did he drive himself or was he driven there?

It appears from accident evidence, the Saturn was Eastbound. Meaning he may have realized his error and turned around, likely at the Barge tie up access road or elsewhere. Probably why nobody working in the area saw the car turnaround.

Or is it possible he had been elsewhere, West of where the the accident happened, and was returning Eastbound.

Did JPSO blood type the blood in the car and was it consistent with an accident?

The pings over 5 days after his missing should generate some leads, especially the last one.

Archangel~
I read that the brother and his wife went to get Shane.
On no posts on these threads have I read that.
Brett Fell and his wife rushed to the scene shortly afterward, but Shane Fell was missing.

Read more: http://www.wdsu.com/news/local-news...ooking-for-missing-man/20492826#ixzz34ZewV1zs

I am just a simple girl with a simple mind from Alexandria, but I cannot shake this one.

Shane was not fleeing police. Shane was not doing anything he thought was wrong. I would dare say and go on to say, he was in the right frame of mind, even considering what all had just transpired.

I am not much on conspiracy theories. In fact, I believe most people that subscribe to those are dellusional, but whatever happened to Shane was not of his design. It involves the police or someone else, and let's be honest, that window of opportunity is so very, very small.

We are overlooking something. I am just not sure what it is.

I am not a conspiracy theorist either, and would never have thought LE would be involved, until I read with my own eyes about the JP deputy who stole, and potentially murdered an accident victim. If that can happen, anything is possible here.

I wish Brett was here! We could figure this out with his help.

I am just a simple girl with a simple mind from Alexandria, but I cannot shake this one.

Shane was not fleeing police. Shane was not doing anything he thought was wrong. I would dare say and go on to say, he was in the right frame of mind, even considering what all had just transpired.

I am not much on conspiracy theories. In fact, I believe most people that subscribe to those are dellusional, but whatever happened to Shane was not of his design. It involves the police or someone else, and let's be honest, that window of opportunity is so very, very small.

We are overlooking something. I am just not sure what it is.

Please understand Shane had lived out of state for years because of his job....His Brother Brett Shoots pool and Shane asked to tag along that night....

I am not a conspiracy theorist either, and would never have thought LE would be involved, until I read with my own eyes about the JP deputy who stole, and potentially murdered an accident victim. If that can happen, anything is possible here.

I wish Brett was here! We could figure this out with his help.

Right now, I truly believe the LE saw him on scene, didn't know who he was and by time they did, had lost track of him, scenario.

I don't think anyone intentionally caused him harm, but I wholeheartedly believe their negligence did.

I also believe they know it and are trying to cover it. The only way to cover a lie is with another lie. And, if you lie enough, the lie becomes the truth.

It take only one person to speak the truth. Just one.

DRAFT TIMELINE - JUNE 13 2014

Notes from JPSO report in green font
Notes from LA State Crash Report in blue font
Notes from all other sources in black font

June 9 2011
Brett and Shane spent evening at Rum Runners daiquiri shop (1670 Barateria Blvd) shooting pool, drinking beer

June 10, 2011

June 10 2011 noted as Date of Crash (as per LA State Crash Report)

12:20am approx. time Brett and Shane leave the bar in separate cars

12:20-12:45am Shane lived east of Barateria, but the accident occurred west of Barateria, on River Road between Marrero Rd and Klein St

12:45-12:50am Brett called Shane. Shane said he was in accident. They spoke for about 3 minutes; Shane called Brett back “a short time later” to make sure Brett was on his way

12:48am JPSO Missing Person report says Shane was seen at the intersection of the crash (incorrectly stated as River Rd and Barataria Blvd)

12:45 – 12:58am A young couple stopped and asked Shane if they could help. He said family is on the way

???? (time unknown) Pipe yard people saw PT Cruiser stop and turn by Shane; LE say they couldn't find those people to talk to. In youtube video Brett made, he says there were approx 11 cars, including a maroon PT Cruiser

12:58am Passerby called 911 to report the accident.

00:58:48 AL1 E911Phne: ___________E911Add: 249 KLEIN LN - SE SECT, WF E911Subs: SPRINT NEXTEL; CDMA E911Srce:WPH2 AltLong: 90117416 Alt Latitude 29.903423

00:58:48 CREATE Location: RIVER RD/BARATARIA BLVD, MA Type 201 DAREA;MHF Area: 8002 TypeDesc: A Injury LocDesc: <5399/ 395> Priority: 6 Class: F:I Agency: MHF LocType: H

00:58:48 ALTGEO GeoLong: 90.117416 GeoLat: 29.903423

00:58:48 ALTGEO 90.117416 GeoLat 29.903423 ClosestAdd: 8347 RIVER RD aAddDesc: 28 ft NW ClosestInt: RIVER RD / UNKNOWN InterDesc: 2078 ft W Area1:3101 Area2:8704 Area3:3101

1:00 JPSO info entered

01:00:13 ENTRY Comment: CAR FLIPPED OVER ON RIVER RD &#8230; PONTIAC SEDAN &#8230; UNK EXTENT OF INJ&#8217;S, WILL ADV LSP

01:00:13 ASSOC Service P Event: #J111610035 Type: 201 Agency: JP

01:00:13 ASSOC Service E Event: #H110032259 Type: 201 Agency: JH

01:00:13 PREMIS Comment: PPR

01:00:15 NOMORE

01:00:16 NFPREM

1:01 JPSO dispatch

01:01am Time

01:01am Rescue unit called

1:02 JPSO enroute

01:05am Rescue unit arrived on scene (Fire Department: Marrero-Harvey)

1:05 JPSO onscene (note: further down says ONSCN 1:08:04 S819)

01:07:00 MISC C811 Comment: PROBABLY ABOUT 6700 BLOCK

01:07:15 RETURN E818

01:07:56 SELECT

01:08:04 ONSCN S819

1:09am Brett talked to LE, said Shane was fine. Brett said when he arrived a few LE, ambulance and fire department were already on scene.

01:09:11 MISC C811 Comment: WILL HANDLE &#8230; OCCUPANT OUT OF CAR AND LEFT SCENE

01:09:12 INFO DAREA: MHF Comment: VIA 3C11 ADVD THAT ONE OF THE RELATIVES OF THE THAT CALLED THIS IN IS IN A 20 &#8230; ADV TRY GETTING IN TOUCH WITH RELATIVE AND TELL THEM HE IS FINE

01:09:18 HOLD

01:09:23 AIO C802

01:09:23 CLEAR C802

01:11:59 AIO E818

01:11:59 CLEAR E818

01:16:34 CLOS E808 C811 S819 Location: 6700 BLK RIVER RD, HA

01:17:07 MISC C811 Comment: RAGUSAS ROLL BUT WILL HANDLE &#8230; WAITING ON STATE WRECKER &#8230; CHECK WITH STATE

01:17:30 SELECT

01:17:31 HOLD

01:18 Time of Notification

01:18:39 MISC Comment: LSP ADVD THEY WILL SEND SOMEONE OUT

01:30 Time of Arrival

01:30:53 MISC C811 Comment: LSP ONSCENE

Notes / Observations from LA State Crash Report

Lat 29.90326; Long 90.11736, Hwy 541, milepost 7.50, River Road, 1 mile W of LA 560-2, .5 mile W of Marrero Road; Hit & Run, Photos made;

Road surface &#8211; dry, black top; Roadway conditions - no abnormalities; type of roadway - two-way road with no physical separation; Alignment &#8211; curve, level; Weather &#8211; clear; Kind of Location &#8211; manufacturing or industrial; Relation to Roadway &#8211; beyond shoulder &#8211; right; Access Control &#8211; no control (unlimited access to roadway); Primary Factor &#8211; violations; Secondary Factor &#8211; condition of driver; Lighting &#8211; dark, no street lights; Driver &#8211; front seat left side; Ejection &#8211; not ejected; Trapped or Extricated &#8211; not trapped; Airbag &#8211; non deployed; Occupant Protection System Used &#8211; non used, vehicle occupant; Injury &#8211; no injury; Transported to Medical Facility &#8211; no; Instructed to Exchange Information &#8211; no

Vision Obscurements &#8211; no obscurements; Violation &#8211; unknown; Traffic Control &#8211; yellow no passing lane; Condition of Driver/Ped &#8211; unknown; Driver Distraction &#8211; unknown; Reason for Movement &#8211; unknown; Sequence of Events/Harmful Events &#8211; ran off road right, culvert, ditch, other post/pole/support; Most Harmful Event &#8211; ditch; Movement Prior to Crash &#8211; proceeding straight ahead; Vehicle Condition &#8211; no defects observed; Vehicle Lighting &#8211; unknown; Traffic Control Conditions &#8211; controls functioning; Alcohol/Drug Involvement &#8211; yes, alcohol, no test given; Drugs &#8211; test not given

Direction Before Crash &#8211; headed West on LA 541; Final Location of Vehicles &#8211; off road; Distance Traveled After Impact &#8211; unknown; Speed &#8211; Posted 35; Skidmark Data (Feet) &#8211; 000 000 000 000; Damage to Vehicle &#8211; area damaged, total; Extent of Deformity - severe

02:04:45 AIO C811 Comment: RET ALL UNITS SCENE TURNED OVER TO LSP

02:04:45 CLEAR C811

02:05:30 RETURN ????

2:15 JPSO closed

02:30 Time all lanes opened

June 12 or 13
Family found one of Shane&#8217;s shoes in the water where the wreck was. It was shown to LE that day who said they would be back to get it

June 13 LA State investigator went to Jake's wrecker yard to look for the insurance card and check the seatbelt .. was unable to locate an insurance card and observed the seatbelt was locked in the vertical position which investigator stated would indicate driver was not wearing seatbelt at the time of the crash

June 14
K9 search for Shane without results

June 15
LE retrieved the shoe from the family. Later family asked to see the shoe and were told no, that they would send a pic but never did.

June 17 Investigating Agency &#8211; LADPS;

June 17 Investigation Complete &#8211; Yes; Investigating Agency &#8211; A (State);

June 17 Date Report Completed

June 19
Texas EquuSearch was searching today without results

June 21
Texas EquuSearch was to meet with Jefferson Parish officials today

June 30
Approx date billboard went up

Sorry for blasting the board with the ^^, but if WS or my computer had bombed out on me, I don't know what I'd have done.

Any changes/additions/corrections, please let me know as soon as possible.

Thank you for this timeline!
Easier to distinguish things now.

Here: Notes / Observations from LA State Crash Report

It says VEHICLE CONDITION: No defects observed

Meaning before the accident? Like rust?
Because if they mean the condition of the vehicle now, it says severe deformity.

Thank you for this timeline!
Easier to distinguish things now.

Here: Notes / Observations from LA State Crash Report

It says VEHICLE CONDITION: No defects observed

Meaning before the accident? Like rust?
Because if they mean the condition of the vehicle now, it says severe deformity.

Doesn't say, but means prior condition (as other choices are things like "defective brakes ... worn or smooth tires" etc)

I'd like an explanation of the following JPSO entry:

01:00:13 PREMIS Comment: PPR

01:00:15 NOMORE

01:00:16 NFPREM

Not up on my dispatchy deputy-speak. Would this indicate a deputy went to Shane's residence prior to LE arriving at the scene of the crash at 1:05 (i.e. PREMIS=premises .. PPR=personal, private residence ... NFPREM=not found at premises)??

01:09:12 INFO DAREA: MHF Comment: VIA 3C11 ADVD THAT ONE OF THE RELATIVES OF THE THAT CALLED THIS IN IS IN A 20 &#8230; ADV TRY GETTING IN TOUCH WITH RELATIVE AND TELL THEM HE IS FINE

from sillybilly's post re LE report

that unto itself seems ''deceptive''

IF, IF, IF I'm right about the PREMIS, then here's a thought ...

Shane was seen leaving the bar ... LE got his plate and addy, he knew he was being tailed and tried to lose them by turning west. One LE went to his house, other LE followed Shane who pulled a U-turn to return east and was possibly run off the road by an oncoming cruiser. Shane was told to call a relative to tell them he was fine. Beyond that .... ??? Spec ..

STOP ME BEFORE I POST AGAIN !!

IF, IF, IF I'm right about the PREMIS, then here's a thought ...

Shane was seen leaving the bar ... LE got his plate and addy, he knew he was being tailed and tried to lose them by turning west. One LE went to his house, other LE followed Shane who pulled a U-turn to return east and was possibly run off the road by an oncoming cruiser. Shane was told to call a relative to tell them he was fine. Beyond that .... ??? Spec ..

STOP ME BEFORE I POST AGAIN !!

I'm not even sure it has to go as far as anyone made him call. If I put myself in the situation, if I thought I was being followed and was trying to lose, then get into a wreck, whether from trying to go quickly (but not ridiculously fast) or because I was veered by someone else, I would have probably said a similar thing. Come get me quick. I wrecked, but I am ok, but I'm nervous kind of thing.

The going the other way to try to shake the police is very plausible around these parts! And honestly, as much as no one wants anyone drinking and driving and as much as no one wants a DWI, it is so common here in New Orleans, so it is not something that makes me people ultra-panicky. If you sit at a table with a few people, someone there has gotten a DWI before, guaranteed!! I cannot see it ever being enough to run and hide for 3 years, when there was no blood alcohol taken! The running from a DWI after this amount of time does not make plausible sense.

PS- I hate that there are shady law enforcement theories here because I have so much respect for them, but when you keep things secret from a family who is looking for someone who is very loved in a town like ours, it becomes quite suspect! It becomes a reasonable explanation!

Would also be interesting to know if there is a law enforcement person who drives a (or who's wife! drives a ) maroon PT cruiser! Like off-duty LE! Someone on the westbank would know that!

MPNOLA

I understand what you are saying. ..... sometimes LE will just drive by and see ''who's in the parking lot'' on a slow night. Hours later if they see the car still in the parking lot ((close to closing time)) they might just follow the car to see if they are ''ok' to drive and well we know the rest.

I wonder if a LEO saw him - and called it ''ahead'' .

Kenny (and everyone),

It would be so awesome and gracious if Brett could come to WS and post about Shane's case! I know how hard this can be as well, but the courage, love, and dedication that I have seen from him and the community in the videos speaks volumes! Thank you Kenny, Brett, and to all at WS for your help with this case!

I am sure that Brett would be immensely interested in the issues and questions that we have about Shane's case, and could clarify a lot of things for all of us as well!

Where are you Shane?

Satch

MPNOLA

I understand what you are saying. ..... sometimes LE will just drive by and see ''who's in the parking lot'' on a slow night. Hours later if they see the car still in the parking lot ((close to closing time)) they might just follow the car to see if they are ''ok' to drive and well we know the rest.

I wonder if a LEO saw him - and called it ''ahead'' .

It is even possible he just saw him looking unsure or swervy on River Road and he got aggressive with him (in his vehicle). We definitely have some power trippy police, especially on the westbank! It was common knowledge when I was in high school that if you were a boy and got pulled over by the bridge police (the bridge that links the eastbank of New Orleans, right downtown in the city with the westbank had their own police force at the time), that you would get an *advertiser censored* whoopin! It was just well known! Don't speed, use blinkers, don't even think about swerving or you will get pulled over and punched!

Shane was 36 at that time.
If he goes to bars, chances are - at some point he would get a DUI. Goes with the territory. I have one from 2005. Should have been in trouble in my 20's. It is not a panic situation. You know you deserve it. You grow from there.
I'm wondering, however, if Shane had other DUI's that family did not know about. Like the next one would put him away for awhile.
Was he working steady? On depression meds?
Shane would not have called his brother back if he was planning on pulling a runner, IMO.
Therefore, LE foul play makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther