Middle Name - Lou
Last Name - Wilemam
Sex - Female
Height - 5' 8" (68 Inches)
Weight - 140 lbs
Hair Color - Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color - Hazel
Scar near the kidneys.
Tattoo on an unknown breast with a 'bee' in the design.

Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact - September 10, 1982
Location - Lafayette, Louisiana
Circumstances of Disappearance - Reportedly last seen in Lafayette, LA when she dropped her daughter off with her daughter's father. From there, MP Wilemam was to meet with her mother in New Orleans.
---Screen Shot 2023-03-08 at 2.14.07 PM.png

I'm not finding anything on that last name, not so good at this sometimes but am wondering if perhaps the last name is Wileman vs Wilemam.

Here's a map - Lafayette to NO, approxi 150ish miles.

1678738894069.png

I just want to throw out Orleans Parish Jane Doe as a possibility. Seems like she was headed to where this Jane Doe died... Plenty lines up but some doesn't.... The dentures, the age and the height are the large factors on why I can't say this is an amazing match... I do see a strong resemblance, especially with Samuel Little's sketch.
1509UFLA_LARGE.jpg
Original
1509UFLA1_LARGE.jpg

Orleans Parish Jane Doe (1982) UP2213Sherry Lou Wilemam MP101102
SexFemaleFemale
RaceWhite/CaucasianWhite/Caucasian
Age33 - 4429
Height5'3 - 5'65'8
WeightUnknown140 pounds
Hair ColorUnknownBlonde/Strawberry
Eye ColorUnknownHazel
CircumstancesWas supposed to meet with mother in New Orleans.Found in Orleans Parish. Victim of Samuel Little
DistanceLafayette - Orleans Parish (Sherry was believed to have gone to New Orleans)135 miles
Here is where I explain the main thing wrong here, the dentures. Is it possible Sherry's dental info is lost or it wasn't entered? Sherry's case is a very new addition after all. Age and height can be called off as estimates to a certain degree.

Hmm ... I find a Medina County, TX, but no Medina. I wonder what the relationship is to this location? I did find a Sherry Wileman mentioned as a Leesville High (Leesville, LA) graduate in 1971, which might correspond to this lady.

Hmm ... I find a Medina County, TX, but no Medina. I wonder what the relationship is to this location? I did find a Sherry Wileman mentioned as a Leesville High (Leesville, LA) graduate in 1971, which might correspond to this lady.
The marker is placed right outside of Hondo, TX, which is near Medina, Bandera County, Texas.

Sherry's was just added to The Charley Project

Sherry Lou Wilemam​

1683287398270.png

• Missing Since 09/10/1982
  • Missing From Lafayette, Louisiana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Age 28 years old
  • Height and Weight5'8, 140 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde/brown hair, hazel eyes. Wilemam may spell her surname "Wileman". She has a scar on her back in the kidney area and a tattoo of a bee on her breast.

Details of Disappearance​

Wilemam was last seen when she dropped her daughter off at the child's father's home in Lafayette, Louisiana on September 10, 1982. She has never been heard from again. A few days later, her vehicle was found abandoned and burned in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency​

• Vernon Parish Sheriff's Office 337-238-1311

Source Information​

While I still feel like the Jane Doe found 3 months later is still a possibility, it seems Sherry met her fate somewhere in Baton Rogue and not New Orleans. Littlewoods is about an hour drive from Baton Rogue, where Sherry's car was found.

Last edited:
Leesville is near Ft. Polk Army Base. If Wileman is her maiden name, may have been enlisted. I'm from the Lafayette area and Wileman is not a name I recognize.
A family member would probably know if she wore dentures. She would be fairly young for dentures.

An interesting read. It sounds like there were child custody issues with her ex-husband:

Interesting. From the link:

In September of 1982, Sherry Betts suddenly and mysteriously disappeared and has since failed to return. According to the various witnesses, especially the testimony of the plaintiff, Karlis Berzins, she was on a business errand for him traveling from Leesville to New Orleans when she disappeared. When she failed to return as expected, a missing person report was filed. The car which she was driving was found in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, destroyed by fire. There was no trace of Sherry at that time, nor since, and it is purely speculative to state whether she is still alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back