LA LA - Skye Angers, 30, 7 months pregnant, Lafayette, 4 Jan 2021

Family: Missing pregnant woman, unborn baby are dead

There is new information in the search for a missing pregnant woman in Lafayette.

Skye Angers' mother shared the news in a post on Facebook Tuesday night, saying, "It has been confirmed that my daughter, Skye and her unborn baby are dead." Her mother adds that Skye's body was dumped, but hasn't been located.
https://www.katc.com/news/lafayette...L_bo8z-eeCgFRSMNdY9DVOQpE5eURYWA1dlUJwMe8B_mk

I'm so sorry to hear this news :(
I’m confused on how she knows that? The police haven't said anything about that. What makes her so sure? Did someone tell her? I’m so sad to hear this if it’s true. I was hoping she’d come around after her baby was born. RIP Skye and Baby girl

I’m confused on how she knows that? The police haven't said anything about that. What makes her so sure? Did someone tell her? I’m so sad to hear this if it’s true. I was hoping she’d come around after her baby was born. RIP Skye and Baby girl
With everyone having a smartphone these days, she may have seen photo or video evidence. :(

It is standard procedure that the family be notified directly by LE BEFORE the media is advised. So the family normally finds out first.

It is standard procedure that the family be notified directly by LE BEFORE the media is advised. So the family normally finds out first.
Yeah of course. But when LE were asked they said they had no idea and nothing to report. Unless they just don’t want to say but you’d think if they told the family this and then the family blabbed that they’d try to get ahead of this and make a statement. MOO

I can think of many different reasons LE didn't want this released to the public. Maybe they have someone in custody who confessed, but there is an accomplice who could either flee, or move a body, destroy evidence, the list goes on. Mom may be in shock and not thinking clearly.

MAR 31, 2021
Missing Lafayette woman, unborn baby are dead, family says; police still investigating | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com
[...]

AA, Skye's sister said the family has not located the body of the missing woman.

"As of today, we are sad to say that my sister, Skye, and the baby she carried have died. I don’t really know what to say or how to process the things I know...but I will say that the life she lived was not an easy one and was brought to an end due to her struggle with addiction," she wrote on Facebook.

[...]

"The investigation into Skye’s disappearance is still active," Senior Cpl. Bridgette Dugas said Wednesday. She said it was unclear where TA had gotten information about her daughter's death, "but detectives tell me that they are still actively investigating it as a missing person’s case."

[...]

Skye Angers Update: Pregnant Louisiana Woman Is Dead, Body Still Missing, Says Family (ibtimes.com)
The Lafayette Police Department has not released an official statement about the woman's death. It is not clear how the family got the information.

Time for a bump here and The Charley Project has added the case.
How awful. :(

Noting the Details of Disappearance:

Angers was last seen in the 100 block of South Beadle in Lafayette, Louisiana on January 4, 2021. She was homeless at the time of her disappearance. She called her family to say she was coming over for dinner, but never arrived and has never been heard from again.

After Angers's disappearance, her mother got word that she had died of a heroin overdose and her body had been dumped; this information has not been confirmed, but her mother believes it. Few details are available in Angers's case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VickyVersa
Back