LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzanne,

Who did you contact to do the dna comparison? You could probably call Nicole at Faces lab for this to be done.

I don't know why I haven't seen this before. My uncle was a judge in the area although he is retired now. Please pm me with specifics on the Gary case. I will send this to him and ask for his help.
Here is the link to the information - I got it from the Doe network - I dont have any other specifics than that and what can be had on an online search - heres the link http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1537dfla.html

It says she went missing in "about" august 1986 so its not clear when she went missing and she strongly resembles the original recon on that case if you have ever seen that one. Shes also from the same general area. I think it needs to be checked out if they havent already because its a good possible match imo.

The family also not wanting to cooperate though - if thats the case -would be a huge red flag also as well as no particular missing date imo.

Debbie: thanks for the link but it doesnt go to the list of possibles and exclusions - just the general main page for porchlight. Do you have another link ? The uid page there has a last post of 2006 and thats all i could find.

Hi
I do not have a phone.I tried to email Detective Demma and the email address on NamUs again.I have been trying to get them to do a DNA comparison for a few years now.They told me before they did not have DNA on thier Jane Doe.The apparantly do now.I would like them to ask to specifically ask to check this.

suzanne

Angel4Alpha - when you go to the porchlight site, scroll down to the possible match thread. It is past the unidentified listings. When you click on "possible match" thread there is different forums- possible matches , ruled out pm's these are the ones you want to go to. The listings are alphabetical by case # and the La. Jane Doe's case # on porchlight is LAF860619, in the possible match database you will see 2 pm's and in the ruled out pm thread you will see quite a few.

When I read about the death of the founder of popeyes chicken riding his speedboats around Lake Pontchartrain I was reminded of this Jane Doe. I hope somebody claims this lady. I was a very sad when I seen the AMW show on her.

This one has always interested me very much, there is so much info, yet she still hasn't been identified. She seems like someone cared for her somewhere, she had breast implants, 3 months pregnant, and had a mark on her left ring finger(possibly wedding ring?). Numerous scars that could help in ruling in or out.

I know some of yall girls here can help me with this one, it seems like it should be easy, but we all know how that is.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/16ufla.html

16UFLA3.jpg

• [*]Estimated age: 20-30 years old.
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2" - 5'4" (64.2 est); 120-126 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown/red shoulder-length hair; unknown eyecolor. Freckles. Very petite.
    [*]Scars, Marks: She had a round, dime-size scar, 1.5 cm circular-in-shape, on her right knee; 2.3cm scar midline on abdomen, above the naval; 1.2 cm scar on the top of her right wrist. Silicone breast implants.
    [*]Skeletal Findings: A right hip fracture that had healed. There are indications that she had had plastic surgery on her nose. She may have been in an automobile accident before - she seemed to have facial reconstruction and possibly damage to her hips which had healed previous to her demise. Antemortem trauma noted with the iliopubic and ischiopubic rami depressed posteriorly.
    [*]Clothing: She was not wearing any clothes nor jewelry when she was discovered; however, there was a 1/2-inch wide ring mark on her left ring finger.
    [*]Medical Conditions: She was 3 months pregnant.
    [*]Fingerprints: Available
    [*]Dentals: No dental work, perfect teeth. All four wisdom teeth extracted. Teeth #1,16,17 and 32 not seen, may be antemortem loss or congenital absence.
    [*]DNA: Available.

I remember seeing her case on America's Most Wanted years ago; they referred to her as "Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe."

Just a thought, but if she was 8-12 weeks pregnant (i.e. in her first trimester) and possibly living in an abusive situation, she may have been able to hide the pregnancy from her husband/significant other and others. Thus we shouldn't look for only women who were pregnant when they were reported missing.

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30093&state=other&OtherID=30158 <-- good AMW profile

She has been ruled out by dentals as Lisa Sexton, missing since 1981.

I agree completely, I have been looking for all women around that time. It just doesn't seem so far that I have found any super promising.

kel

The bust from AMW.com

Attachments

• pontchjanedoe_bust.jpg
    pontchjanedoe_bust.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 105
Amanda Fravel was last seen June 13, 1986 in Las Vegas. That's far away but the timeline matches. Her physical characteristics are vague but her hair was brown like Jane Doe's, her teeth were perfect and she was petite.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2491dfnv.html
and
http://charleyproject.org/cases/f/fravel_amanda.html

I'm less confident on this one...Shelley Sikes:
http://charleyproject.org/cases/s/sikes_shelley.html

Height, weight and timing (May 24, 1986) are all off, but she did have a similar scar on her knee. It sounds like the two men accused of killing her and concealing her body told several lies and blamed each other.

Hazel Klug:
http://charleyproject.org/cases/k/klug_hazel.html

She went missing May 20, 1986 and her height and weight are close to JD's at 5'3" and 117 lbs.

I don't know how the pregnancy would tie into any of these cases, but it may not have been the reason Jane Doe was murdered and her killer might not have even known she was pregnant.

This poor little bit! You're right dimples - she should be easy to find. But she's not. My feeling is that she would have been from somewhere in the south - though not Louisiana. Guess there's a reason they don't believe she was from the area. I've looked at 1985, 1986 and 1987 and at every southern state and can find nothing close. She had a lot of physical trauma for one so young.

I will keep looking.

I wonder if Tammi Lynn Leppert has been ruled out. Everything fits except the hair color, but if Tammi was a natural blonde she could have easily dyed it (although I guess they would've noted that in the description).

I really think Hazel Klug is a good match as far as looks especially the photo of Hazel Klug that is in the middle on the Charley Project link above.

It is possible whoever this Jane doe is that her family didn't know that she had implants. The only think I can think of besides the fact that she could be someone that we haven't came across yet on a missing person site, is that her family assumed she didn't want anything to do with them.

I am going to keep looking because this one should be one of the easier ones with all the info that is out there, I just can't get this one out of my mind.

She reminds me a lot of a friend I had at Ft Riley, and the middle photo of Hazel Klug looks like my friend too.

Michelle Doherty Thomas
She was a very petite girl/woman, she may have gotten involved with an unsavory set of folks...... They could've held her for awhile, or she may have decided to STOP being an informant, tried to hide out, the killer or killers then caught up with her..... Read this;
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/634dftx.html
Missing since October 5, 1985 from Alta Loma, Galveston County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 16, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 85 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Green eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: She has a scar on the neck. She has very prominent freckles.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a black Harley Davidson tank top, blue jeans, tennis shoes and carrying a beige purse.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Thomas was last seen leaving her residence in Santa Fe, Texas, in northern Galveston County. She was supposed to meet some friends and then go to a Galveston Island nightclub, but she never showed up. Two days later she was reported missing by her family.
Investigators believe she might have been kidnapped and killed because she had served as a police informant in a drug bust. Foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Galveston County Sheriff's Department
409-766-2300
NCIC Number:
M-170861541

I noticed on the Jane Doe it mentions, freckles, which probably means they were prominent, as were Michelles.....

Here's the side by side Michelle is in the middle

Attachments

• Copy of 16UFLA3 found 6-19-86.jpg
    Copy of 16UFLA3 found 6-19-86.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 91
Jane Doe..Shelley...Jane Doe...Side View of Shelley

Attachments

• Copy of Jane Doe 16UFLA3 found 6-19-86.jpg
    Copy of Jane Doe 16UFLA3 found 6-19-86.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 100
Amanda is in the middle

Attachments

• Copy of fravel_amanda missing 6-13-86 NV.jpg
    Copy of fravel_amanda missing 6-13-86 NV.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 94
Hazel....JD....Semi side view of Hazel....JD

Attachments

• Copy of klug_hazel3 missing from VA 5-20-86.jpg
    Copy of klug_hazel3 missing from VA 5-20-86.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 88
Here's another one that matches the description:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/168dfar.html

Darla Melissa Harper
Missing since March 4, 1986 from Little Rock, Pulaski County, Arkansas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 2, 1960
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3", 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; light brown hair.
Marks, Scars: She has a 1-1/2 inch burn scar on the left elbow and a small scar on the right cheek.
Clothing: She was last seen wearing a pull-over shirt and jeans.
Jewelry: Diamond "horseshoe" shaped ring, diamond cluster ring, Necklace with a "teardrop" shaped diamond pendant.
Dentals: Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members