LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, UP852, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone looked at Billy Jean Hall?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/929dfmd.html

It says she was in a car accident and it was suspected that the Jane Doe was in a car accident. Not all of the scars and markings add up, but some do.

Here is another, Birdie Lucille Thomas Leonard:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/401dftx.html

I'll keep looking.

I'm thinking that Billie Jean's injuries (skull plate & orthodontic screw) would pretty much be ruled out here, because I'm sure those items would've showed up in an x-ray! The ME must've done an x-ray because they listed the healed hip fracture.

Here's a side by side of Birdie (I thought of her too!) so you can compare to JD...The only thing about Birdie, is her chin, I believe the dimpled chin would've not only been easily recognized, more so then with the x-rays, especially!

Jane Doe.....Birdie....Jane Doe

Attachments

• Copy of leonard_birdie missing 9-11-85 TX.jpg
    Copy of leonard_birdie missing 9-11-85 TX.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 77
Tatertot; Doesn't Amanda Fravel look exactly like Heather Locklear to you? I believe that may be her, It was about that time that she showed up on Knots Landing, right? Heather changed her name from Amanda and went into acting, what do ya think?

I think you are right about both things. After looking closely at the side by side pictures, I really think Michelle looks the most like Jane Doe.

Michelle Doherty Thomas
She was a very petite girl/woman, she may have gotten involved with an unsavory set of folks...... They could've held her for awhile, or she may have decided to STOP being an informant, tried to hide out, the killer or killers then caught up with her..... Read this;
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/634dftx.html
Missing since October 5, 1985 from Alta Loma, Galveston County, Texas.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: November 16, 1967
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 85 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Green eyes; brown hair.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: She has a scar on the neck. She has very prominent freckles.
Clothing: Last seen wearing a black Harley Davidson tank top, blue jeans, tennis shoes and carrying a beige purse.
DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
Thomas was last seen leaving her residence in Santa Fe, Texas, in northern Galveston County. She was supposed to meet some friends and then go to a Galveston Island nightclub, but she never showed up. Two days later she was reported missing by her family.
Investigators believe she might have been kidnapped and killed because she had served as a police informant in a drug bust. Foul play is possible.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Galveston County Sheriff's Department
409-766-2300
NCIC Number:
M-170861541

I noticed on the Jane Doe it mentions, freckles, which probably means they were prominent, as were Michelles.....

Here's the side by side Michelle is in the middle

I agree that this JD and Michelle look very much alike.

What other info is needed before a submission would/could be made?

Michelle needs to be found, and this JD needs a name. Both families need answers.

Hi, I almost feel bad starting a new thread when there are so many open threads ...so many that have obviously involved hours of dedicated searching. However, on the other hand I feel like the more threads we start the more people can work together to eliminate or find potential matches. So, my plan is to start a few threads with potential matches for all of you more experienced searchers to review.

Sally Margaret Reed
Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/r/reed_sallie.html

NamUs:https://identifyus.org/cases/852
St. Tammany County, Louisiana
20 to 30 Year Old White Female

Lousiana Repository for Unidentified and Missing People: http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile_up.php?id=383

Sally disappeared in 1976.
The Jane Doe was found in 1986. When she was found the estimated PMI was 36-48 hours She was found weighted down in Lake Pontchartrain, LA.
Dental and DNA are available.

Do you think that she could have been living this close to her family for 10 years? Does the LA Medical Examiner automatically cross reference missing person/unidentified cases in the state.

Google Maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Thibodaux,+Lafourche+Parish,&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Thibodaux,+LA&gl=us&ei=tK8mS

Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Sally Margaret Reed1.jpg
    Sally Margaret Reed1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 38
  • Sally Margaret Reed 2.jpg
    Sally Margaret Reed 2.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Sally Margaret Reed 3.jpg
    Sally Margaret Reed 3.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 42
  • NamUs UP#852.jpg
    NamUs UP#852.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 52
  • LA unidentified.jpg
    LA unidentified.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 47
this is my grandma's sister.....her car was found abandoned in opelousas la, so im not sure if that is her......i just pray we can find her

this is my grandma's sister.....her car was found abandoned in opelousas la, so im not sure if that is her......i just pray we can find her

I noticed that there is not alot of information on Sallie's profile. It may be helpful if you or your family could send an e-mail to the Charley Project administrators to provide additional identifying information and a brief narrative of the circumstances of her disappearance.

The UID had "Red/Auburn (per autopsy report)", and Sallie Margaret Reed had brown hair and eyes. If the UID had dyed her hair red, would the autopsy report say that and mention the base color?

Hi Bambilynn,

It is about 2 hours from Thibodaux to Opelousas. Do you know if Sallie had any ties to Opelousas? It's not a huge city. Perhaps someone might know something. I wonder if the local newspaper could run a story about Sallie and give her case some publicity. She is obviously not forgotten.

Snipped from link below:

Identifying Features
round scar on right knee, scar above navel, scar on right wrist, previous hip injury, possible nose injury or surgery, had breast implants, was pregnant

http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile_up.php?id=383

Pretty detailed info.

There are some similar facial features. I just hate it when someone tries to clean up a photo to make them appear 'more real'. The possibility of distorting a unique characteristic is just too high to photoshop. I aree there needs to be some clean up for blood so the face is visible, but they went way overboard with this UID. May never know how she really looked. Yeah, I know he are professionals but note how different she looks in the two images here. The neck and even the face shape is different. Distorts the overal look.

In the photo she has a nose ring, doesn't she? It sure looks like she does.

In February of 1976 she goes missing. Than in December of 1976 a pregnant woman is found shot to death and dismembered, her body stuffed into three different suitcases.
.S. Pennsylvania Authorities Exhume Unidentified Pregnant Woman Slain in 1976

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 WEATHERLY, Pa.

Authorities on Tuesday exhumed the body of a pregnant woman whose dismembered remains were stuffed in suitcases and tossed off a bridge more than 30 years ago, hoping DNA and other new techniques will help identify her.

She had brown eyes, brown hair and was pregnant with a baby girl.

Little else is known about the young woman who has been known for more than 30 years as “Beth Doe.”

However, much is known about her death.

She was strangled, shot and dismembered. Her remains, along with the remains of her fetus, were crammed together, stuffed in three suitcases and thrown from a 300-foot-high bridge into the Lehigh River.

Beth Doe’s real identity still puzzles investigators. But a lot has changed since 1976, when the remains were found underneath the Interstate 80 bridge near White Haven. Technological advances have been made in the field of forensics.

Investigators from state police in Hazleton are scheduled to begin exhuming Beth Doe’s remains this morning from a cemetery in Lehigh Township, Carbon County.

“We are going to apply some of today’s forensics to see if we can identify her,” said Trooper Thomas C. McAndrew, the lead investigator.

Remains of both Beth Doe and her fetus will be re-examined by a forensic pathologist, two forensic odontologists and a forensic anthropologist.

It was Dec. 20, 1976. Kenneth Jumper Jr., then 14, was walking near the Lehigh River when he came across a grisly scene — parts of a human body had tumbled onto rocks from two broken suitcases.

Police discovered a third suitcase along the icy banks of the Lehigh River. Inside one of the suitcases, they found a fetus.

According to reports, police scoured the scene but came up with no evidence. Also found inside the suitcases were sections of the New York Sunday News and a cut-up pink chenille bedspread, both items had been used to wrap the body parts.

An autopsy determined the victim was a female in her late teens or 20s. She was about 5-feet-4 and weighed 140 pounds. Her baby had grown to full-term.

Although a composite sketch was made of her face, the artist was unsure of the nose shape because it, along with her ears, had been removed by the killer, according to information from The Doe Network, an amateur group that researches cold cases. And because it was 1976, DNA was unable to be collected. Forensic investigators can use DNA found in blood, skin or hair to identify a perpetrator or, as in this case, the victim.

No one has ever stepped forward to identify Beth Doe. She was buried in Laurytown Road Cemetery in Lehigh Township, a burial ground known to locals as “Potter’s Field,” or a cemetery for unknown and indigent people. Of 84 grave markers in the cemetery, only 14 bear a name.

155_169ufpa_first_sketch.jpg

155_169ufpa_first_sketch.jpg
261_1.jpg

The woman's nose was cut off. If she had a nose ring, this could be to ensure no identification was made of this girl.

thats a great idea, i really don't think the people in my family even realize there's not alot of info on her.

Is there any more information they'd be willing to share about her and what happened when she disappeared?

thank you Richard, I read this post. Like you I would so much like to see this solved. I made up a list of questions for a LE or any interested persons: Is evidence still there? Was her hair color natural or colored? Was the duct tape examined for evidence? [sometimes duct tape holds finger prints,hairs, threads]Was the plastic bag clear or did it have something printed? What was the weight tied with?This was a red weight.I don't see any markings in the picture. Who makes this kind of weight? Who would have owned a set like it during that time? was a picture circulated to try and identify it? What doctors at that time would have used that type of breast implants? Were hospitals contacted about someone in an accident of the type that is described with those injuries? This perp probably lived in the area of Bayou Lacombe or Rigolets pass. and knew the area well. I'm told that this is a dangerous area. Had there been any similar cases in that area during that time? She might have seen an OBGYN Was anyone asked to review their cases for this person? It would be kind of late for that now.Has her fingerprint and the partial of the perp ever been entered into data for comparison?Someone knows something about her and they might be willing to talk about it now.People need to clear their conscience after so long. Maybe it would be a good time to circulate the composite pictures now? I think maybe it was too quickly assumed that she was not from this area. I would like to see her cause reopened.

The detective that was assigned to this case has since retired. He was still keeping up with it, though. He was so passionate about finding out who this lady was. With the implants, you would think it would be easy but to no avail. They couldn't be traced. Alot of possible matches have been compared with negative results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox