LA - Tahereh Ghassemi, 54, found deceased, Baton Rouge, 11 April 2015 *Arrests, inc. husband*

I guess many of us predicted the outcome. So sad. I really feel for her son. All those years separated, and finally reunited for such a tragic ending. My heart goes out to him.

it's tragic but i think we all knew it was going there, so i'll take a moment to tip my cap to the BRPD who seem to not be held in high esteem by to many people lately.

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_344970/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zS34Ff9X

Her body has been found in St. Helena Parish. That is 2 parishes away to the east from East Baton Rouge Parish, where her car was found. Her ex husband and 2 others have been arrested.

ETA: St. Helena borders EBR on the north side, but most people drive through Livingston Parish to get there.

That article isn't available now but I found another on that site (maybe it was replaced with more details):

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_332179/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=rpQA3oGh&storycount=30&detailindex=2

Snip:

Officials confirm that the woman was abducted, shot, and buried.

Skyler Williams, and Tyler Ashpaugh were arrested Sunday morning and booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison. Her ex-husband, Hamid Ghassemi,was arrested Sunday afternoon.
---

So sad.

That article isn't available now but I found another on that site (maybe it was replaced with more details):

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_332179/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=rpQA3oGh&storycount=30&detailindex=2

Snip:

Officials confirm that the woman was abducted, shot, and buried.

Skyler Williams, and Tyler Ashpaugh were arrested Sunday morning and booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison. Her ex-husband, Hamid Ghassemi,was arrested Sunday afternoon.
---

So sad.

Thanks for posting a new link. That article has been updated now to say a 4th person was arrested.

Heartbreaking.

ETA: The ex paid $10,000 total for the murder to be carried out. Insanity. Those 3 were willing to kill for less than $3500 each.

it's tragic but i think we all knew it was going there, so i'll take a moment to tip my cap to the BRPD who seem to not be held in high esteem by to many people lately.

doh looks like it was actually the EBRPSO, good job anyway.

EDIT: Heard some people around town saying they had been involved in business relations with the ex-husband and he seems to have been considered to have been a real real real lowlife snake long before any of this even happened.

I just don't understand. Ex-Husband fights for 10 yrs so he would NOT have to pay her. He probably spent $500,000 in attorney fees. I saw about four attorney's listed for him on the supreme court docs. Her attorney fees were at $200,000 with one attorney.
Why in the hell are you going to kill her after you pay her? Did he pay her yet? It says payment due almost immediately.
There are a handful of successful "independently" owned auto dealerships and his were among them. He is not a stupid man. This has to be the act of a vengeful man, but still a coward who hides behind three morons.
Knowing more of the details of that night breaks my heart to think about how scared she had to have been.

"When the case finally settled in February, she was awarded $1 million with payment due almost immediately, another $115,000 to be divided among a dozen payments and two houses — one in Baton Rouge and one in Lafayette, according to settlement documents filed in the 19th Judicial District Court."

Police increasingly relying on cellphone data — ‘the mother lode for law enforcement’ — in crime investigations
May 19, 2015

Interesting article w a focus on Tahereh.

Taherah Ghassemi’s body might still be buried in the woods — and the men accused of abducting and killing her might still be free — if it weren’t for cellphones.

The increasingly computerized devices played a pivotal role in ending the five-week search for Ghassemi and her alleged killers, reflecting the increasing usefulness of smartphones to law enforcement as the devices become near necessities for Americans across the socioeconomic spectrum.

So sad. Welcome HOME! Wish it were under different circumstances. :(

From September:

http://www.wbrz.com/news/car-dealer-ghassemi-three-hitmen-indicted-in-murder-for-hire-of-ex-wife/

The ex-husband of a woman who was found murdered in St. Helena Parish and the three hitmen he is accused of hiring have been indicted by a grand jury on first degree murder charges.

Hamid Ghassemi, the owner of a car lot on Airline Hwy, is charged with her death, and the death penalty is attached in this case. In fact, the death penalty is a possibility for all but one of the men, Skyler Williams, due to his age...

http://www.wbrz.com/news/new-details-about-murdered-woman-s-son-locked-up-in-iran/

New details are emerging tonight about what may have led to the arrest of a man who lives in Baton Rouge but traveled to Iran to bury his mother.

Hamed Ghassemi was locked up and never returned home to Baton Rouge months ago. His close family friend, Heather Rangeley, said she talked to him three weeks ago. "He was accused of becoming a Christian," Rangeley said...

Numerous family and friends of Hamed Ghassemi have been in contact with the State Department trying to get him returned home.

Detective used deception to get phone records of Baton Rouge car dealer accused of having his wife killed
A detective misled a state court commissioner into signing a search warrant last April that led to the seizure of Baton Rouge automobile dealer Hamid Ghassemi’s cellphone records and ultimately to his arrest and indictment in the alleged murder-for-hire of his ex-wife, Ghassemi’s attorneys claim
It was those phone records, authorities have said, that led them to the 65-year-old Ghassemi and one of his three alleged accomplices, Tyler Lee Ashpaugh, of Denham Springs. All four men are charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Taherah Ghassemi, 54.

Hamid Ghassemi’s lawyers, Tommy Damico and Brent Stockstill, are asking 19th Judicial District Court Judge Lou Daniel to suppress all evidence received through what they term an “unconstitutionally obtained” search warrant. The judge on Wednesday scheduled a June 22 hearing on the matter.

http://theadvocate.com/news/1535165...rouge-car-dealer-accused-of-having-his-wife-k

ETA: sorry about formatting, it's not allowing me to correct it. All of the quoted portion is from the same linked article.

(...) the attorneys representing the man accused of hiring the hit wants cell phone records that led to his arrest suppressed. His attorney claims the cell phone records were obtained unconstitutionally. The District Attorney's Office maintains that's not the case.

Meanwhile, the victim's son Hamed Ghassemi hasn't been back home since he flew to Iran to bury his mother.

"Evil exists in the world and unfortunately this evil was closer to home than I ever expected," Hamed Ghassemi told WBRZ last year.

That's where Ghassemi was talking about his father. Investigators say, his dad, Hamid Ghassemi hired a man who worked for him to kill his ex-wife, Tahereh Ghassemi for $10,000.
http://www.wbrz.com/news/man-charged-in-murder-for-hire-wants-cell-phone-records-suppressed/

A homicide detective testified Wednesday he was in a rush to locate a missing Baton Rouge woman, who later was found shot in the head and buried in a shallow grave, when he requested search warrants last year for her cellphone records and those of her ex-husband — local automobile dealer Hamid Ghassemi — and son.

Any information he left out of the search warrant applications was the result of that rush, and not — as Ghassemi’s attorneys have alleged — to mislead 19th Judicial District Commissioner Quintillis Lawrence into approving the search warrants on April 15, 2015, East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff’s Cpl. Edward Nicholson Jr. said.

“No sir. I wasn’t trying to mislead the commissioner. I was in a hurry. I was trying to save this lady if I could,” Nicholson said in response to a question from Tommy Damico, one of Ghassemi’s attorneys
http://theadvocate.com/news/1617507...of-baton-rouge-car-dealer-suspected-of-killin

October 2016
A Baton Rouge automobile dealer accused in the alleged murder-for-hire of his ex-wife was briefly taken from a courtroom Wednesday after he cried out loudly while a sheriff's deputy was explaining how the murder probe began as a missing person investigation.

Hamid Ghassemi, who is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Taherah Ghassemi, began to wail when East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's Deputy John Johnson testified that detectives obtained the 54-year-old woman's cellphone records on April 13, 2015, in an attempt to locate her. Her body was found more than a month later.
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/news/courts/article_b7f19788-8ff5-11e6-b295-770ba44bd790.html

Mother suffered 'torture, unspeakable mental anguish,' son claims in suit vs. father
The son of jailed Baton Rouge automobile dealer Hamid Ghassemi, who is charged with three other men in the alleged murder-for-hire of Ghassemi's ex-wife, claims his mother suffered "torture and unspeakable mental anguish" during her 2015 kidnapping and killing.

Hamed Ghassemi is seeking damages from his father and the other men -- Tyler Ashpaugh, Skyler Williams and Daniel Humberto Richter -- in a lawsuit filed in the 19th Judicial District Court, where the criminal case against Hamid Ghassemi and his alleged accomplices is playing out.

Prosecutor disputes ex-Baton Rouge auto dealer's indigency claim in murder-for-hire case
Prosecutors are contesting former Baton Rouge automobile dealer Hamid Ghassemi's claim that he lacks financial resources to hire investigators and experts to help him defend against charges that he paid to have his ex-wife murdered in 2015.

The East Baton Rouge Parish District Attorney's Office is seeking the death penalty against Ghassemi, 66, who is charged with first-degree murder in the murder-for-hire death of Taherah Ghassemi, 54.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back