Laciner

As lollygag, said, she used the birth certificate, along with the court document for the name change, to get her passport. We don't know if they ever reissued a birth certificate under the name Lori Erica Kennedy. If they did, it probably would have also been in the box.

As for the note, we don't know if that note was actually in the box or if it was the only note of its kind. We have only been shown what the SSA investigator chose to share and what the Seattle Times decided to print.

i talked to my friend and he said in his case they did update the birth certificate but he didn't really need it as he had a court order showing his name change which, along with his new social security card, was the only documentation anyone official ever wanted. he did end up requesting the new birth certificate for completion's sake but said he's never used it for official documentation. results may vary etc etc but at least we know of one case where this is so.

Blurg! I know somewhere someone started to try and figure out when the notes page would have been written. I looked in a bunch of threads but couldn't find it. It was based largely on when areas codes where created and split I think. If anyone can repost that here it would be helpful.

My point is that we don't know when the page was written. Was it in the 80's when that would have been general police phone number or was it written after it became the gang number? Was it before she was married or after? I mean we all just assume because it was in her secret lock box that it must hold clues to her past but I have to say, I have a piece of paper sitting next to me right now covered with scribbles of notes on LEK that have nothing to do with me at all.

Not that I think that is the case, but I just wanted to point out we are making a lot of assumptions.

Yes one of the area codes didn't exist until 1984 and the attorney Ben Perkisn was disbarred in 1988... so very likely between those years, though no guarantees....I definitely believe it was written before she changed her name, but that is just my opinion

Ok. So doing research on the Laciner connection. IF it was regarding a Laciner in Texas, and it was A. Laciner.. Well we were thinking his first wife, Kim was in the timeframe. I have found evidence to say otherwise. His second wife, Laura according to statements on Facebook pics and Ancestry. Com put her in the area FLEK was during the same time. I will continue to investigate.

Yes one of the area codes didn't exist until 1984 and the attorney Ben Perkisn was disbarred in 1988... so very likely between those years, though no guarantees....I definitely believe it was written before she changed her name, but that is just my opinion
Even though Ben Perkins was disbarred in 1988 that number still shows up when you search the official listings of lawyers in California. She could have contacted the California Bar Association and found that number even after she was disbarred.

Ok. So doing research on the Laciner connection. IF it was regarding a Laciner in Texas, and it was A. Laciner.. Well we were thinking his first wife, Kim was in the timeframe. I have found evidence to say otherwise. His second wife, Laura according to statements on Facebook pics and Ancestry. Com put her in the area FLEK was during the same time. I will continue to investigate.
Linda, This is a great point. The Kim/A. Laciner connection was for early 1980's. It makes more sense for it to be the second wife, if she was friends with a woman named Laciner. But maybe it was A.L. that she knew....

But you also can find AL living with KW in Mass. in 1986... 5 years (?) after their divorce. Then you find him back in TX. Wonder which records that Ancestry used for these details.

I was using L. Carson to search not him.. And really, I can't find any valid info on K. L at all! Very frustrating. I think I saw info on A. Laciner that said he was born in Texas but I bet that was his son. I know for a fact L Carson was in Texas on those time frames based on comments on Facebook pics by her aunt-in law. She had a pic of a young L and she said that it was at her apt. In Denton, tx. Her FAMILY mostly lives in Kentucky. Her aunt in law works as a park ranger in Mammoth cave. Kinda neat. L. Carson went to high school on a tiny island in Alaska that was a military base (navy) population less than 400. I am guessing they moved around with her dad being in the navy. I will check more on locations of navy bases around our phone area codes.

Oh. Found a rootsweb that mentions A laciner was born in Adana turkey :)

I'm sooty, I don't know how to screenshot and paste. At the link, click on probate court and use the drop down to choose name instead of case, then put in KWJ's name and it will pull up an estate for JRJ.

A little tired of Lebarons and I'm back to looking at what's on the notes page. Appears that Laciner, although we've seen it only as a Turkish name, I found a German connection. This may be important because of FLEKS passport application that mentions Germany. Unfortunately I do not speak German, so I cannot determine if this woman is still living. I will post the links. I will have some more research on other possible American Laciners in another post.

Laciner

http://www.klicktel.de/sp10_39899500_L.html

http://telefonbuch-suche.com/saliha-laciner-melusinenstraße-81671-münchen

http://telefonbuch-suche.com/a/münchen/melusinenstraße

http://www.klicktel.de/kartensuche/QZWSVOLMQEA2FC4.html#

http://www.klicktel.de/telefonbuch/muenchen,Laciner,39899500,eintrag.html

None of those links indicate whether she is alive, or not. But she lives in Munich. She could, quite possibly, be a Turk living in Germany. When I lived in Germany and took a 'German-as-a-second-language' course, there were tons of Albanians and Turks in my class.

None of those links indicate whether she is alive, or not. But she lives in Munich. She could, quite possibly, be a Turk living in Germany. When I lived in Germany and took a 'German-as-a-second-language' course, there were tons of Albanians and Turks in my class.

I meant that because I do not know the German language, I can't research whether the woman is still living and probably can't research any further, including any Turkish connection since I do not know that language either, such as an Ancestry.com, etc. or equivalent cites for those languages. And yes, I agree that the woman in Germany is probably Turkish. But, the address is obviously in Germany which may give us a connection for FLEk (or the Laciner that was living in Texas nearby.).

I just don't know how to take this one any further. If someone else does, or knows either of these languages or can research through Ancestry.com or another cite, please feel free to do so. If the Laciner in Germany can be connected to the Laciner that was in Texas, that might be a start.

I meant that because I do not know the German language, I can't research whether the woman is still living and probably can't research any further, including any Turkish connection since I do not know that language either, such as an Ancestry.com, etc. or equivalent cites for those languages. And yes, I agree that the woman in Germany is probably Turkish. But, the address is obviously in Germany which may give us a connection for FLEk (or the Laciner that was living in Texas nearby.).

I just don't know how to take this one any further. If someone else does, or knows either of these languages or can research through Ancestry.com or another cite, please feel free to do so. If the Laciner in Germany can be connected to the Laciner that was in Texas, that might be a start.

I used to live in Germany and can speak rudimentary German.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie
Back