Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder if this "murder for hire" story is not taking on a life of its own...

At this point, we do not have ANY idea of the context of this supposed conversation between the landscaper and Terri. Sheriff is saying nothing.

What we DO know is that landscaper did NOT seek out LE....they found HIM after learning that Terri hired a landscaper behind the back of Kaine...so they pulled him in for an interview. Supposively, the landscaper did not report this "murder for hire" because he did not take Terri seriously....

Who is to say that the context of conversation between Terri and landscaper was something along the lines of Terri being upset that her oldest son was having to move out and return to his bio father who had little to do with his raising, her complaints of Kaine in her marriage including possible infidelity on his part, and during this conversation said something along the lines of..

"I would be better off if he was dead"...

"I wish he would just die...then I would be free"....

"I wish I knew someone who could make him disappear"...

Would that constitute "murder for hire"??? Perhaps would be enough to make LE suspicious at this point and want to further investigate with sting conversation, but if Terri made similar comments in the heat of the moment without a real intent to "kill Kaine", I could see where their recorded trap wouldn't have worked.

I am beginning to think the media caught wind of LE talking to this landscaper, put their own spin with choice of words "murder for hire", and decided to start Fourth of July fireworks early....about 4 a.m.

Except that, if the landscaper is to be believed, she offered him a "large sum of money" to do the deed. That pretty much takes the offhand joke possibility off the table for me.

Except that, if the landscaper is to be believed, she offered him a "large sum of money" to do the deed. That pretty much takes the offhand joke possibility off the table for me.

Plus, LE must have reason to take it seriously, or I don't believe they would have approached Kaine about it. The landscaper's story must have somehow added up to LE.

I think I sit on the fence, because when I sway one way or the other, it always becomes a worst case scenario. And I can't handle that.

Plus, LE must have reason to take it seriously, or I don't believe they would have approached Kaine about it. The landscaper's story must have somehow added up to LE.

Yes, and I feel pretty confident that he probably took and passed a LDT.

I would imagine the biggest key part to LE is that Terri had hired this landscaper completely behind her husbands back, without telling Kaine, etc. That probably plays a pretty big role in believing he had other roles than to just landscape their yard.

Wouldn't coworkers be able to say whether or not they saw Kaine in the office on June 4th (the day Kyron went missing)?

Yes, they would, and I'm sure that Kaine's co-workers have been interviewed by LE. Still, we don't know what the results of questioning of anyone in this case has revealed because LE is keeping details of this investigation to themselves. No one has been cleared, and no one has been charged with a crime of any sort. And, no one who has been interviewed by LE is telling what they were asked and how they answered.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic that there will be a major break in the case within the next few days. jmo

Jamie Finster said Terri had been in Kyron's life since he was three days old. Desiree said she did not know Terri before Kyron was born. Carol Moulton said that Terri and Kaine had been together for seven or eight years. Eight years ago Desiree and Kaine were still married and they were married when Kyron was born although she had filed for divorce.

It is not proof that he cheated on Desiree but it suggests that he was already together with Terri while still married. But I don't think we know why the marriage went sour, it may have been for unrelated reasons and he may have got together with Terri after it was already too late to patch things up with Desiree. Anyway, Desiree didn't hire a hitman that we know of so I'm not sure why it's important if he cheated on her or not.

People are really commenting on the state of his mom's hair? I hope those people realize that pretty much guarantees a front row seat in Hell.

In my opinion and all.
Well, if there is a hell or not, it does seem that hair and weight are the least of the worries we have in Kyron's disappearance and the foiled plot to do away with Kaine, Kyron's dad.

But, I wanted to comment more on your signature line, Greenbean because your quotes hit me where I need to be hit. I find myself feeling really guilty, wondering a lot about WHY I am drawn to this case (and HaLeigh's, also). Maybe not why I'm so taken with the tragedy of children disappearing, but my reaction to those surrounding the children.

I hope it is alright with you, Greenbean, and with the moderators here, that I quote your signature line. If those words (in teeney tiny letters) touched me I know they will touch so many others reading here who may not have noticed them.

Thank you for finding them and sharing them here.

“We can never judge the lives of others, because each person knows only their own pain and renunciation. It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path.”

~Paulo Coelho~

“When I am able to resist the temptation to judge others, I can see them as teachers of forgiveness in my life, reminding me that I can only have peace of mind when I forgive rather than judge.”

~Gerald Jampolsky~

Hi, you are right, no proof. Just Terri's claims:

"According to sources, Terri Horman had described being in a bad marriage and had claimed that Kaine had "hurt" her by having an extra-marital relationship."

http://www.kgw.com/home/Hormanprobelatest-97771724.html

And from Nancy Grace's blog today:

"According to KGW’s source, Terri Horman told the landscaper she was in a bad marriage, alleging Kaine Horman had an affair with his co-worker at Intel."

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/2010/07/05/kgw-source-terri-horman-tried-to-have-kyron-horman%E2%80%99s-father-killed/

Is NG live tonight?
The landscaper told authorities investigating Kyron Horman’s disappearance about the alleged plot, agreeing to take part in a sting operation on June 26. That day the unidentified landscaper, wearing a wire, and an undercover cop met up with Terri Horman to discuss the murder-for-hire plot. But Terri Horman, possibly suspicious, abruptly cut the conversation short.

This was apparantly from sources?It shows me she did not go with it if this is what happened.Was this what the 911 calls were about?Did she call 911? Hmmmm. I think they need to look into this landscaper alot more about him.not terri..Does he have a criminal past?

Yes, they would, and I'm sure that Kaine's co-workers have been interviewed by LE. Still, we don't know what the results of questioning of anyone in this case has revealed because LE is keeping details of this investigation to themselves. No one has been cleared, and no one has been charged with a crime of any sort. And, no one who has been interviewed by LE is telling what they were asked and how they answered.

That said, I'm cautiously optimistic that there will be a major break in the case within the next few days. jmo

Yep. I'm getting a bit frustrated. :banghead: This isn't directed to anyone in particular, but I see lots of questions about "did LE question so-and-so?", "do they know the whereabouts of so-and-so?", "did they search such-and-such?", "did they give so-and-so a LDT?", "did they think of X, Y or Z?"

Think what you want about LE, but I'm sure they're at least minimally competent. Especially because we know that the FBI is still involved. I'm sure that there are many cases where LE has overlooked something, but of course they have looked at every angle. (At least the most basic angles of "who, what, where, when", the weird plot twists like accusations of solicitation of murder probably throw them for a loop as well--then they get right on it.) Are they telling the press about every little bit of their investigation? Of course not!

I'm curious why people seem to expect LE to be telling us who has been questioned, what has been looked at, etc. How the heck do they catch the perp if they constantly show their hand? It's partly the media's fault, they talk about TH's two LDTs, but you know they had to have given the entire family a LDT, maybe more than once. Just because the media doesn't tell us that LE are also looking at so-and-so, doesn't mean that LE isn't.

Sorry for the rant--I know that this case is frustrating to everyone and we all just want to see Kyron found safe, but until there is solid evidence that LE botched the investigation, Occam's Razor--the simplest explanation is that LE knows what it is doing.

I am not sure what Desiree and Kaine's relationship was even before Terri entered the picture. From what I have read their marriage went south pretty quickly after being married in 2000, iirc and I guess Desiree tried to stay with Kaine for the baby's sake but found she just could not live with this man any longer so she left when she was still pregnant. Desiree said she did not know Terri then.

I don't think Kaine was married when Terri entered his and Kyron's life. From what I understand Kaine was already raising Kyron by himself and Terri moved in to help.

But women can be the most vindictive gender of the two imo. A woman scorned is to be reckoned with that is for sure whether this was the first affair by the other spouse or not or whether the scorned woman has ever cheated or not cheated in the past.

Now who knows. Maybe Kaine was cheating on Desiree throughout their marriage from time to time but it was not Terri but with another woman.

IMO

Didnt Terris mother say they had been together about 7 years tho? If so..bearing in mind Kyron is 7....Kaine could still have been with Desiree IF her mother is telling the truth.

Yes Desiree said she didnt know Terri at that point. It doesnt mean Kaine didnt though or that she didnt know OF Terri for that matter.

MOO

MOO

Think what you want about LE, but I'm sure they're at least minimally competent

On the contrary I think they have been super-competent in most aspects of this investigation (at least based on what has been revealed so far). I was especially impressed by how quickly they brought in the FBI!

The only thing I worry about with major investigations such as this is whether LE has time to go back and reinterview people in the light of new information...I guess I'm referring to well-publicized cases such as the Green River Killer when it turns out that the perp had been interviewed and dismissed numerous times, before finally being nailed. The problem there resulted from numerous changes in personnel during the investigation.

Likewise, just for an example, much of Terri's early story as articulated through her mother has turned out to be bogus. I sure hope the LE go back and recheck their facts based on some of those opening red herrings.

I hate to be cruel, but I am so tired of this case. It barely seems to be about a missing child anymore. It is getting more and more like poor Haleigh's case, which has become far more about the wacky adults in her life, albeit more criminally so in her case. She has been "missing" 17 months this week. And I sure did not feel as though she was still alive after the first month had passed, nor did I think they would ever find her.

I think poor Kyron has been sucked into the abyss of missing children, whereever it is they all go. And that this case will continue to reveal more than we ever wanted to know about some of his caregivers.

Ella! I am in the same boat you are in! I just got home and am like... whaaaaat?

A few days ago when the restraining order news came in I posted that I was just waiting for the "other shoe to drop"

Never guessed it would be a murder for hire and alleged extramarital affair on the part of Kaine... but I guess the other shoe has dropped!

(as has my jaw)

Hon, I think we're looking at a centipede here. Wait for it -- more shoes will drop.

On the contrary I think they have been super-competent in most aspects of this investigation (at least based on what has been revealed so far).

Oh I agree, I was just making a statement that I thought most everyone could agree with, i.e. given their training and what they are paid to do, they aren't exactly Mayberry RFD (country bumpkins) as I've seen them accused of being on some other sites (not here). I won't go out on a limb to say that MCSO is any more than minimally competent as I'm not familiar with them or honestly about LE procedure in general, and I'd invite people to give cited examples of times when they botched something, but from what I've seen, they're somewhere above minimum. Throw the FBI into the picture and I think we're talking investigative skills that are far above the bottom of the barrel. Again, I'd invite discussion with proof that this isn't necessarily so, but that might be for a "Is LE handling this case correctly" thread.

I do have stronger opinions, pro and con, about other regional LE agencies, but as far as I know, they are not involved in this case.

Anyway, I'm sure the LE that are involved want to find Kyron just as badly as each of us.

I agree, it's an awesome scenario but probably not likely. I think he was most likely just out on the east coast for the holiday weekend.

I agree. My first thought was that he's tipping back a few madras on Martha's Vineyard. Although the Vermont connection didn't even occur to me -- so maybe. Who knows the way this case is going literally anything seems possible. Has anyone seen anything else about a Vermont sighting? I looked a few days ago and came up with zip, but that's not surprising :loser:

The landscaper told authorities investigating Kyron Horman’s disappearance about the alleged plot, agreeing to take part in a sting operation on June 26. That day the unidentified landscaper, wearing a wire, and an undercover cop met up with Terri Horman to discuss the murder-for-hire plot. But Terri Horman, possibly suspicious, abruptly cut the conversation short.

This was apparantly from sources?It shows me she did not go with it if this is what happened.Was this what the 911 calls were about?Did she call 911? Hmmmm. I think they need to look into this landscaper alot more about him.not terri..Does he have a criminal past?

Hi. I swore I saw a post from someone that TH had called LE on an undercover cop (UC), but I can't find it again.

J arrived at the Hortons the day after Kyron went missing ( when they claimed he was actually camping). It was a pre arranged visit and he was due to be there a week. However his dad fetched him after a days cos of the situation there. Apparently one day J phoned him and told him about the polygraphs and Terri started screaming at him :(.

Wait a minute . . . I was sure LE had told (or at least confirmed to) the media early only that J and his father hadn't been interviewed yet because they were away on a Scout camping trip for the weekend and couldn't be reached by phone wherever they were. I remembering thinking it was really, really odd that LE wasn't pulling out all the stops to get to J and his father, because J seemed to me to very likely to have information about things Kyron might have said to a brother but not to adults (like crazy kid plans to go searching for red tree frogs, or a secret hideout in the woods near the school, etc) that could have been very useful when the search was still operating on the assumption that he might have gone off on his own and and be lost/injured out in the brush.

If it wasn't LE telling the media they were away on a camping trip, who was it, and was that party (or those parties) also giving the misinformation to LE? Seems to me lying about the whereabouts of an immediate family member in the first day or two after a young child has mysteriously disappeared is a huge red flag. If that was a lie Terri made up, she would have been caught in it quickly, because I don't believe for a second that the FBI experts (who arrived by Day 2 IIRC) would have been put off so easily from the obvious step of interviewing the teenage stepbrother, nor that all the other family members could have kept the made-up story straight even if they were trying to. The FBI (and hopefully local LE as well) would have been pushing very hard for an exact time and place where J would become available for an interview. Or was LE in on the lie, agreeing to refrain from contradicting family members' statements about it, because the supposed point of it was to protect J from media attention? Had they actually interviewed J already, when Terri's mother was telling the media that it was going to be really hard to break it to J when he got home, that Kyron was missing?

It's getting mighty hard to keep up with the layers of lies in this case . . .

Hi. I swore I saw a post from someone that TH had called LE on an undercover cop (UC), but I can't find it again.

It was me, and was immediately recognized by GrandmaJ as pure rumor :) At least the part about who was at TH's house when the first call was made. It would be pretty 'dern ironic, if true, though

It was Carol Moulton who told about the camping trip and said it was going to be difficult to tell the older brother. It was in an article titled Details emerge (and something) that came out on Saturday June 5th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419