Larimer sheriff vows to keep Rocky Mountain National Park open

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by mysticrose, Apr 8, 2011.

1. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Larimer County Sheriff Justin Smith, worried about the economic impact of shuttering Rocky Mountain National Park in the wake of a federal budget stalemate, today said he'll provide law enforcement and emergency services to help keep the park open.

Read more: Larimer sheriff vows to keep Rocky Mountain National Park open - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_17795489#ixzz1Iu7Q7aXu

2. Loading...

3. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

WHAT! I am going to Rocky Mountain National Park in June. We already have our plane tickets bought and our hotel (right outside of the park) booked. :( This wouldn't be our first vacation where we had to make a sudden destination change. Hopefully, everything works out.

4. Blue_Dolphin308

Blue_Dolphin308 We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some

It would only be closed until the government can get there act together and come up with a budget. It would not be closed permanently

5. mommy23

mommy23 There is no original thought....

I am sure it will work out, if not, Colorado has tons of other places to visit ;) The whole sate is gorgeous!

6. eileenhawkeye

My dad said that it will be all cleared up by June so we should be fine. Good to know we won't have to break into the park. :D

7. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Well this sheriff is saying he will keep it open despite a goverment closure, he ROCKS ! :)

8. eileenhawkeye

Yeah but U.S. government < County sheriff, so I don't think he has much of a choice. But I guess it will just be closed for the duration of the closure, and that shouldn't last that long....