Las Vega Smokeshop Owner stabs robber

PacoElFlaco

Reaction score

Dramatic moment Asian smoke shop owner stabs robber SEVEN TIMES after the masked criminal jumped counter of his Las Vegas smoke shop

<modsnip - broken link>

Normally, I am in favor of shopkeepers defending themselves from robbers, but this man's actions seemed excessive IMO.

The robber displayed no weapons. He leaped over the counter, yes, but his attention was on filling his backpack with merchandise. He was not even paying attention when the storekeeper jumped him from behind and started stabbing him in the back. Yes, he did punch the storekeeper, but only after being stabbed twice.

I am not sure what the status of the robber is. Apparently he was still alive when he was brought to hospital.

I think the storekeeper's life was not in danger from this criminal. Like I said, I am all for self-defense, I applaud the old man who shot the AR-15 wielding thief's arm off in California the other day, but I think this Vegas storekeeper went beyond the limits of the law here.

Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is easy to judge a situation in the safety of our homes and not in that young man's position. I have no doubt he was afraid for his life.
If you come in to rob someone you take a great chance of getting hurt. I do not see this criminal as a victim imo.

Your absolutely right. People are wrong to side with the shopkeeper here because it WAS excessive, and done not by fear, but because of anger and indignation.

Context-

They were a couple of underage punks trying to buy tobbaco. He carded them and rejected selling to them. Good. But then the kids started acting like jerks saying "Well if you wont,we will just take this change thing" as you saw. The smaller kid, also being a jerk, jumped over trying to grab the tobbaco product (whatever it was they were trying to buy) and run with it. And the store clerk KNEW there was no threat....LOOK AT HIS ARROGANT BODY LANGUAGE!

I AM ALL FOR people defending their lives with lethal force, but this wasnt that at all!

People are SICK of the crime...I am too...But projecting that rage on a couple of non-life threatening deliquint punks isnt right, and that is what people are doing. They deserved juvie, not a death sentence, and if this shop owner gets away with this we may as well consider ourselves a banana republic. Because THIS is the kind of brutality you see in the third world....NOT in the free west. It saddens me that we are at the point of supporting child murderers, just because we are sick of the violent ones. Its wrong, and very sad indeed.

It is easy to judge a situation in the safety of our homes and not in that young man's position. I have no doubt he was afraid for his life.
If you come in to rob someone you take a great chance of getting hurt. I do not see this criminal as a victim imo.

Self-defense instructors teach students to never hesitate & to use whatever you have and probably all of it against the threat.

The would-be-robber made the choice.

jmho ymmv lrr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard