Laura Babcock: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich charged w/ Murder in the First Degree #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt it. They had legal arguments Friday and I’m sure the judge set some parameters,
I’m just looking forward to the opening address by the crown and we will finally hear what the investigation found with a lot more latitude than was allowed in the Bosma trial. I’m interested to find out how those letters made it out of the Barton St jail and into DM’s mothers hands. Also, wouldn’t be shocked if letters were uncovered that mention Babcock.

If any of the letters did mention something about Babcock I guess they would not be allowed to be used in the first trial. I think we will find out more about the relationship DM had with MS and it was not the first time they planned to get rid of a body. IF that is true the fact MS said he was so traumatized by the murder of Tim Bosma and then getting rid of body would prove he was making it up. If he is found guilty of M1 in this case it proves most of what he said while on the stand nothing but lies.

Question for Sillybilly.....

If one was to attend court, so long as the information is not covered by a publication ban, are we permitted to post what we hear in court here? I understand that what the Jury can't hear can't be posted either.

Don't want to break any rules.

TIA

Yes, you can report on what took place in court after you leave the courtroom but not while sitting in the courtroom. Generally, electronic devices are not permitted in the courtoom.

Ontario Superior Court of Justice - Court Etiquette and Procedures

I think she was killed because DM got annoyed with her, her behavior could be erratic , some said. She got him pissed off and decided to get rid of her. I did not know she met the same fate as Tim Bosma. The crown is saying she was killed at DM s fathers home and then taken to the farm and put in the incinerator. IN first trial some evidence that they found blood on the floor in the barn. I think that might be where they were able to get some DNA from.

Possibily she was like Hannah Meketech in Derek Saretsky's case, a vulnerable person that her killer could use as practice for future, more challenging murders.

This is so disconcerting on so many levels.

DM will make a mockery of LB's death I fear, and that's not right. Not right at all.

He's going to try and control the whole procedure which is what he always did. He's going to get his time in the limelight and LB, her family and friends are going to have to sit and bear witness to it all.

It's also going to set up appeal after appeal and there will probably be grounds for them because he doesn't know what he's doing.

He just wants to "be the guy" once again.

Sick
Surely judge will not allow this?

Looking forward to hearing Laura's story. She deserves this, as do her loved ones.

DM and MS will solidify their guilt by the evidence to follow.

Yes, that could be true. DM was involved in a lot of other criminal things at the hangar. Many people protected him and even with the murder of Tim Bosma, those around him stayed silent. I think he would have kept on killing.

Does the trial start Monday the 23rd? No names on the docket as of 1:30am.

Here are the Twitter accounts I'm watching: some of these people (like Austin Delaney) just don't tweet much but I have them in the list in case they tweet a link to a news article.

@TrialLive has been tweeting since 8:30 AM but I can't share that because it is by subscription. If you are looking for a play by play this is the feed you want though.

Adrian Humphries, National Post, @AD_Humphreys
Ann Brocklehurst, Dark Ambition, @AnnB03
Austin Delaney, CTV, @AustinCTV
Liam Casey, Canadian Press, @liamdevlincasey
Lisa Hepfner, CHCH, @HefCHCHNews
Live Trial Coverage, http://www.patreon.com/AnnBrocklehurst, @TrialLive
Michel Mandel, Toronto Sun, @MandelSun
Rosie DiManno, Toronto Star, @RDiManno
Trevor Dunn, CBC Toronto,@trevorjdunn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online