Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.10.17 - Day 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my answer today as to why they introduced pics of the incinerator after it was taken to OPP headquarters. They are stepping lightly in this trial. Dr Rogers did not admit to even being at the farm. She did not testify to anything found in the incinerator. All she testified to was the picture.

She could not say with certainty that they were human bones in the picture. DM will jump on this and tell ask her if they could be animal. She will say she doesn't think so but she can't say for sure.

End of cross.

So much has to be kept from this jury because of the TB case. And it appears that nothing found at that time didn't match TB and matched Laura. Considering the Eliminator was stored indoors they were lucky. Although it appears that LB was wrapped up well.

:(

MOO

I am just trying to catch up again.. but... I couldn't see anything as to from where the photographs came, from which Rogers expressed her expert opinion? Were they pictures on DM's/MS's phones????? the iPad???? Does anyone know??

Are you saying that the one bone that they did find inside the Eliminator that was used in the TB trial, was the same bone the photos were of, which Rogers is now opining belonged to a woman?

So why take photos of Laura rolled up in the tarp? Her bones burning in the incinerator? To show Noudga that DM was good on his word that he was gonna get her out of their lives? To make her feel all warm and fuzzy, loved and protected? All of these people are scum. Disgusting scum. JMO

Probably will be blood or blue tarp traces or maybe mattress.
Agreed. The special thing about this van is that LB wouldn't normally be in it. If they locate her DNA and tarp fibers in it, that'll place LB and the tarp together in unusual circumstances. Of course, can't claim both were there at the same time, but just another small piece.

For blood, I find it notable that despite the tarp being dragged out of the vehicle, there is nothing like blood on the concrete. May be she really died of asphyxiation. But then why did he have to get the mattress.... We'll probably never find out.

I am just trying to catch up again.. but... I couldn't see anything as to from where the photographs came, from which Rogers expressed her expert opinion? Were they pictures on DM's/MS's phones????? the iPad???? Does anyone know??

Are you saying that the one bone that they did find inside the Eliminator that was used in the TB trial, was the same bone the photos were of, which Rogers is now opining belonged to a woman?

Personally, I'm afraid to look at the pics. But I think it is likely the pics from DM's phone that were earlier shown to be from July 23. Specifically, the one where you can see inside the Eliminator while it is burning. Could someone who looked confirm this?

MOO

Probably not my most intelligent post but here goes. It looks to me that Pedo the dog knows that there is a dead person he knows in the tarp. His ears are down, he is postured with his back curved and in a submissive way. I hate that he had to have his dog there for these missions. Dogs understand their world through the sense of smell. Pedo likely knew Laura, who also had a dog, and would have detected her in there, even in a state of decomp. Smich jokes about getting a dog to try out in the incinerator. I hate these people.

I do believe that what we are seeing inside of the incinerator in the photo released are human bones. I think the jury will believe Dr Tracy Rogers' expert opinion on this as well.

And no doubt it was also used for TB but there are no pictures showing that so it stayed out of evidence. Perhaps it does have useful DNA evidence for this trial. That would be helpful.

MOO

I do recall during TB's trial there was mention of the clean out tool. IIRC it was in a photo taken by one of the investigators, it briefly got mentioned but nothing more became of it...like those infamous garden hoses. Because the Crown did not elaborate on it, but it got recognition, I assumed it would likely hold some significant evidence in LB's trial. I bet her DNA was found on it. MOO.

I do believe that what we are seeing inside of the incinerator in the photo released are human bones. I think the jury will believe Dr Tracy Rogers' expert opinion on this as well.
Point is, these are not likely to be deer bones. Specifically, the larger bone helps reject the deer hypothesis. Smaller bone could be that of a smaller deer, for ex.
As to why he took the pictures, there is a very simple and logical explanation. I'm sure you have the answer deep inside your heart. Select below to see the answer.

Answer: ( He is very very stupid )

So why take photos of Laura rolled up in the tarp? Her bones burning in the incinerator? To show Noudga that DM was good on his word that he was gonna get her out of their lives? To make her feel all warm and fuzzy, loved and protected? All of these people are scum. Disgusting scum. JMO

I have ZERO doubt that CN has seen these images previously; long before they were considered 'evidence' in a murder trial.

Still keep thinking about AM's text: What did you do?
This must be so hard for the Babcock family. Similar to when the evidence of Tim's fragmented remains were shown in court. I recall his mother could not stay for that part.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones at the hands of these two monsters

Agreed. The special thing about this van is that LB wouldn't normally be in it. If they locate her DNA and tarp fibers in it, that'll place LB and the tarp together in unusual circumstances. Of course, can't claim both were there at the same time, but just another small piece.

For blood, I find it notable that despite the tarp being dragged out of the vehicle, there is nothing like blood on the concrete. May be she really died of asphyxiation. But then why did he have to get the mattress.... We'll probably never find out.

If LB was killed via strangulation/smothering, whatever, and there was no blood evidence on the mattress, but a new mattress had to be purchased right away, it could indicate that CN was immediately aware of what had taken place, and made it clear that she wouldn't be sleeping on it? (I don't know if the time of the murder was during the time when DM was 'not' calling her his gf, or if that was a different time... can't keep up)

Point is, these are not likely to be deer bones. Specifically, the larger bone helps reject the deer hypothesis. Smaller bone could be that of a smaller deer, for ex.
As to why he took the pictures, there is a very simple and logical explanation. I'm sure you have the answer deep inside your heart. Select below to see the answer.

Answer: ( He is very very stupid )

I don't know how you did that, but thanks for the bit of levity in an otherwise long and solemn day!

[bbm]

we all do ... ~heavy sigh~ hugs

Probably not my most intelligent post but here goes. It looks to me that Pedo the dog knows that there is a dead person he knows in the tarp. His ears are down, he is postured with his back curved and in a submissive way. I hate that he had to have his dog there for these missions. Dogs understand their world through the sense of smell. Pedo likely knew Laura, who also had a dog, and would have detected her in there, even in a state of decomp. Smich jokes about getting a dog to try out in the incinerator. I hate these people.

If DM and MS are scheduled to testify next week, then that means the Crown will close its case, and the defence will present their case.. after which closing arguments will take place.. trial could be over by end of next week??

The clean out end of the long tool is unlikely to have any DNA if it was used in the fire at all. The handle end, maybe, but it was 10 months between use for LB and it's discovery after TB's disappearance.

The green van is a puzzle, interested to hear more about that.

Yes it seems pretty apparent by Pedo's body language he is reacting to an unpleasant situation. Sadly he was exposed to two similar situations, WM and TB's murdered bodies/scent/death. If only dogs could talk I'm sure he would be an excellent witness for the Crown. DM and MS are two despicable, vile, evil creatures who have no regard for human life or animal life apparently. They are soulless and pathetic.

My heart is breaking for Laura's parents. I could not imagine having to go through the nightmare her parents are going through, sitting in that courtroom, having to listen to how these F&$%ing monsters planned for months, to do away with their beautiful daughter, as if she was garbage and it was some joke or game to them. It was horrible and heartbreaking enough knowing what little they did know, but all this information must be killing them inside.

I can only hope each and every day, these two evil, creatures, live the rest of their lives in pure hell and torture, and they suffer horribly. May their minds never give them one moment of rest or peace where they don't reflect back to their evil deeds, and realize how truly perverted and evil they truly are.

Rest in eternal peace sweet Laura. Your soul is free to fly. No one can ever hurt you again.

If LB was killed via strangulation/smothering, whatever, and there was no blood evidence on the mattress, but a new mattress had to be purchased right away, it could indicate that CN was immediately aware of what had taken place, and made it clear that she wouldn't be sleeping on it? (I don't know if the time of the murder was during the time when DM was 'not' calling her his gf, or if that was a different time... can't keep up)

If I recall correctly, DM texted CN and said he would see her Friday. Perhaps he arranged not to see her until Friday so he could get a new mattress without her knowing?

Well, SS and MM coming up for another round of "Murder Trial Witness" could prove interesting. SS was warming up the "BBQ"...MM was waiting out front while they talked with the girl out back...wonder which one choked- or did both of them? I'm thinking SS knew more than MM, but then again, I am leaning towards MM- MS seemed to have had loose lips on more than one occasion...like the "guys in the garage" rap show.

BBM
"McLane said a team led by Detective Mike Carbone got new leads that have drawn them back to the Roseville Road farm in the disappearance of 23-year-old Laura Babcock, who was last seen in June 2012."

"We're looking for evidence … to corroborate information we've received," said McLane, who refused to elaborate further."

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/4075628-millard-farm-search-is-open-ended-/

You wouldn't want to be in the room with something absorbent that anything died on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls