Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.17.17 - Day 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

IMO She was the lookout.

4-5 hours (not sure of the # of hours) late at night in a dark, secluded area, and she is close to an enormous, roaring, metal crematorium, that is spitting embers?

I find it impossible to believe that she couldn't sense the gravity of the situation, even if she claims that she wasn't explicitly told what was taking place.

BBM --

Your words ring very true. I suspect we just will never really get all the answers and the full truth. My heart and thoughts continue to go out to the Babcock family.

I haven't been able to follow much this week......can someone explain the purple slipper reference to me? I skimmed the CBC blog, but didn't see this.....thanks!

RandomName479 -- yes, me also. I have not been able to locate a few of the videos and pictures that have been referenced this week including this one about the purple slippers. I hope someone can help fill us in!

It's a video of Pedo on the floor playing with a pair of purple slippers. Folks are wondering if they are Laura's slippers in the video.

Nov 17 2017 11:19 AM

Meneses tells the court she and Smich went back and forth between his mom's place in Oakville, and Millard's house in Etobicoke.

They did this for the full year they dated,*about 40 per cent of the time, they were at Millard's place.

She says Millard's father was there. "He seemed sick. He did ride a scooter, to make him more mobile."

She also saw him at the hangar, also on his scooter.

Shannon Martin

*** guys I can only do Twitter now. Live blog keeps messing up my phone. Someone please take over Shannon?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

that explains the wheelchair ramp in the green van. but its weird that MM would have seen WM on his scooter at home AND at the hangar but SS who worked at the hangar said WM didn't use a wheelchair, etc.

I know a scooter is not the same as a wheelchair but its an odd thing for SS to have said given the circumstances.

Surely if MM saw WM at the hangar using a scooter than SS must also have had opportunity to see WM at the hangar using a scooter.

I predict this will come up a lot more at the trial re: WM

They have all been on this site. scroll back through watch all mob reporter vids...matou has posted many.
RandomName479 -- yes, me also. I have not been able to locate a few of the videos and pictures that have been referenced this week including this one about the purple slippers. I hope someone can help fill us in!

That video is at The Mob Reporter - YouTube.
[video=youtube;yxYCYLN0CRc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxYCYLN0CRc[/video]

Same as MS in the TB trial. He pieced together a story from information we knew... text messages and pings. Wrong details? She said they got the ipad after the burn. Definitely she said. The burn was on the 23rd. The ipad was connected on the 4th.

MM's recollection was that she saw the ipad after the burn. Not seeing from that she was coached on what to say (implication not to remember?). Not important imo.

So who here thinks MS will testify again?

Also, do you think it would help his case to testify or do you think he should leave it as-is and hope the jury is as torn about his involvement (in terms of M1) as a lot of us here are?

Lisa Hepfner

Millard and Smich had probably been working with the incinerator for an hour before she walked by and saw. No one else was around. "It was late at night," Meneses says. #LauraBabcock

Photo of #Smich holding what looks like the incinerator ash scooper. Meneses identifies the location as #Millard's hangar, where the incinerator was parked. #LauraBabcock

"We can see that Mark is holding something in his right hand," Cameron says, but Meneses didn't see #Smich holding the stick and doesn't know what it is. When she woke up they were driving back to the farm. #Millard dropped off the incinerator. Went home. #LauraBabcock

MS is the ultimate romantic bringing his GF along to a cremation and making her wait in the car. *eyeroll*

So to recap:
1. from texts we know that DM didn't want her to come along that night
2. MM is bored so she gets pot from DM and then falls asleep in DM's car
3. MM wakes up when they're driving back to the barn.

Is it just me or is anyone else wondering if that pot was laced with something?

MS acted like a pimp towards MM. The way he ordered her around she was submissive to him.
I wonder if the slippers belonged to Laura, knowing how sadistic DM is they probably are.

I am likely being self-centred in my want to hear ALL the info asap,
but if this case is ahead of schedule, isn't that a good opportunity to get ahead in the court schedule in general? Is that courtroom going to sit empty for the rest of the day and on monday?

they'll probably use the time for legal arguments with the jury not present

Yes, I think it’s safe to say her memory got the best of her on that question. It’s obvious from the evidence that the iPad came into their possession after the murder and before the incineration.

I thought she was remembering when DM offered it to her? Did she say that was the first time she saw it?

Agree that the recollection of exact wording may be off - as a jury member I would think twice about this, MS could have had no fear of taking credit for LB's murder by that time. Doesn't mean or prove he actually planned or took part in it. It's the word of someone else - one has to be careful in taking what people say about someone else at face value.

The message was clear enough to them to alert authorities

MS is the ultimate romantic bringing his GF along to a cremation and making her wait in the car. *eyeroll*

So to recap:

That occurred to me, but on the other hand, it was very late and a warm summer night. I would be falling asleep too.

Does DM have anything up his sleeve for MM cross? Because when I was there yesterday he asked the judge to see if it's okay with Dungey that they cross her first? DM said he won't have any questions for her ( unless something pops up)so MS defense should go first. Dungey refused.

I thought she was remembering when DM offered it to her? Did she say that was the first time she saw it?

Lisa Hepfner:

Meneses says she played on the iPad a lot. When did they get it? "It was definitely after they played with the incinerator. It was still nice outside. It wasn't cold." #LauraBabcock

So in my opinion, MM is trying to recall when they “got” the iPad. She sounds unsure, but knows they had it after the night with the incinerator.

I wonder if MM realizes now that if this hadn’t all come to light she may well have ended up in that incinerator herself eventually.

So to recap:

Nah they wouldn't bother drugging her . They could have easily not brought her. More likely that she's lying .

I wonder if MM realizes now that if this hadn’t all come to light she may well have ended up in that incinerator herself eventually.

Sadly, she probably thinks about that everyday of her life.

It seems she lied when she said she got it after the burn, if it is correct that she took a pic with it on July 5.

MS told her "Don't tell them anything" and she hasn't.

As I said before, Blockbuster to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member