Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yes we discussed who Elizabeth Glass was etc

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

I think the talk started because the donations were to be sent to DM's house IIRC. IMO many of us didn't feel the foundation was legit.

Lots of reference to WM. Hopefully he doesn’t try to pin it on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WM’s knowledge of this incinerator was most likely part of his demise

I just picked Yonge. The witness seemed to suggest that Eglinton and Lawrence intersect.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏
@HefCHCHNews
5s5 seconds ago
More
Austerweil is not here to give evidence on a prior statement to police. Does he remember the last time he saw #LauraBabcock? He thought he saw her in October of 2012, in a local store near his house, he told police.

marianne boucher‏
@CityCourtsTO
1m1 minute ago
More
Austerweil says the last time he saw Laura Babcock was Oct 2012 in a nut store near Eglinton and Lawrence. Has not seen her since. She appeared thinner, she looked dressed up, looked like she was "working" in the entertainment business.

Could the second tweet just be the reporter misquoting as we have seen cause confusion in this trial alone many times ("what you'd do?")?

Eglinton-Lawrence is an electoral district and Eglinton is one subway stop away from Lawerence -both reasons to consider the area "local" to him. It is risky to take the tweets as direct quotes especially when quotations are not used.

I don't find this witness credible for many reasons, however, if you replace near with around or replace and with or, his statement is entirely valid.

I don't see how valid the walking distance / time is since many people walk all over the city (a 20 minute walk running errands is not at all uncommon), many take transit which is a 3 minute trip, or drive which all depends on traffic.

This is all assuming he is infact talking about the area between the two streets on Yonge. Although they do seem fairly evenly spaced across the city, ranging from roughly 1.5-2.5km away from each other.

MOO

WM’s knowledge of this incinerator was most likely part of his demise

How about the accountant? What about her husband? Uncle Robbie? MM? CN?

They all knew about it, was DM going to kill them, too?

How about the accountant? What about her husband? Uncle Robbie? MM? CN?

They all knew about it, was DM going to kill them, too?

I think WM had to be asking some pretty tough questions about why the hell DM was spending $20k of his money on an incinerator. The others wouldn’t care because they weren’t paying for it. This has been a big question of mine for a long time and it was finally answered today, did WM know about it? And I agree, I believe the purchase ultimately lead to his death.

I think it’s more likely WM was going to cut DM off if he didn’t get his act together.

I think WM had to be asking some pretty tough questions about why the hell DM was spending $20k of his money on an incinerator. The others wouldn’t care because they weren’t paying for it. This has been a big question of mine for a long time and it was finally answered today, did WM know about it? And I agree, I believe the purchase ultimately lead to his death.

The Murder of Tim Bosma : The Devil Had a Name

"What I was told is that Dell's father was going to cut him off, because Dell was spending too much money and was not taking responsibility for the business and his father was not going to let him ruin the business that him and his father, Dell's grandfather, had started," Art Jennings, a MillardAir employee, told the fifth estate."

It was a person on a group that said it , I guess there is somewhere to look up if a person is listed as deceased. I don't think we are allowed to post things from fb on Websleuths.
Do you have a link for this please?

That , hillarious I love some of the posts on here, get a good laugh.
DM should have had someone sent a typed up letter from Mexico to Toronto police saying. My name is Laura Babcock. I can't just idly stand by and watch 2 innocent men be charged with my death. I am very much alive. However I live a new life now. Please don't look for me.

It was a person on a group that said it , I guess there is somewhere to look up if a person is listed as deceased. I don't think we are allowed to post things from fb on Websleuths.

Hi Winter

I've also been guilty in the past of passing on hearsay. I've since learned that this site frowns on rumour posts. Opinions and theories are okay as long as we clearly state (or make it obvious) that's what it is. In the case of hearing someone, or some group claim that she is not listed as deceased, it would be a good idea to ask them where they got their information, and check it out, and then post it here along with the link. MOO

Ok I know I'm going on about rap lyrics lol I may be the next one blocked but.......
Remember this rap?
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...753D4B3EAD867CB9A5C4753D4B3EAD867&FORM=WRVORC

"Who's who? Blues clues? (blue tarp)????
Tell the cops anything and you die on the news."

Good catch! I couldn’t understand why a guy like MS would rap about a toddlers cartoon. Didn’t make sense but make for some good laughs here. No so funny now with your spin on it.

MM is tiny and LB was like 5’10. LB’s clothes would be way too big for MM.

I disagree. Look at LB in the video, she wasn’t chunky in that! I’m not a big person, average 105-110 LBs and I wear a small and some things a medium. . Heck a 125 lb chick could fit into a small spandex dress! I’d say looking at that video LB was in a small.

ETA:
It’s been stated that LB lost weight and it’s very apparent judging by her brown haired photo to her blond haired photo and especially in the meowing video. I’d say at least 25lbs if not more.

So unless MM shopped in the kids section, those clothes could be worn by MM

JMO

“I told you Laura was over, doing coke with Mark in the basement. We went to say goodnight. You saw her alive, with Mark, and there was coke on the bar.

THIS area that you've bolded is the most damning part of the letters for me.

THIS area that you've bolded is the most damning part of the letters for me.

The complete story he crafted was damning, along with the timing of their discovery. MOO

Destroy this letter -- to protect me

"“Whatever it is you believe it needs to be put aside, this is what happened,” Millard wrote in one of the letters shown in court.

“I told you Laura was over doing coke with Mark in the basement. We went to say hi to them. You saw her alive with Mark. There was coke on the bar.”

“Later when she was reported missing, you asked me if I knew anything,” Millard wrote. “I told you that Mark had told me that she had OD’d, probably from mixing her prescriptions with Mark’s coke.”

"Floriani told court Millard and Smich hadn’t been yet charged with Babcock’s murder at the time the letters were seized."

MM is tiny and LB was like 5’10. LB’s clothes would be way too big for MM.

The height difference would only matter in regard to perhaps length of pants. When wearing a bikini, or mini dress, or other items, it wouldn't matter - both women were slim and would likely fit into same clothes, albeit a bit differently. My impression of those photos taken of MM in the days immediately following the suspected date of LB's murder is that she is showing off her new duds - although I don't believe she understood the circumstances of why she had received some new stuff. jmo

Just a refresher newspaper article:

The provincial coroner’s office has never handled the remains of Laura Babcock.

Police have kept whether her body has been recovered secret from her family. However, the province’s coroner investigates any death by suspected homicide and would be involved if Babcock’s remains were found in the province.

Police have also refused to reveal their reasons for believing Babcock to be dead, adding to the mystery surrounding what led police to lay murder charges in her case.
Police charged Dellen Millard, 28, and Mark Smich, 26, with first-degree murder in April in connection with Babcock’s death but her family remains in the dark over much of the case against the pair.

In a tearful phone interview with the Star, Linda Babcock said she holds out hope her daughter, who was 23 when she was reported missing in June 2012, is still alive.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...a_babcocks_body_not_recovered_in_ontario.html

Has anyone got a good grasp on when exactly DM and CN had broken up for a time? And when they reunited? Just wondering if the reconciliation occurred after DM assured CN that the problem had been dealt with?

The height difference would only matter in regard to perhaps length of pants. When wearing a bikini, or mini dress, or other items, it wouldn't matter - both women were slim and would likely fit into same clothes, albeit a bit differently. My impression of those photos taken of MM in the days immediately following the suspected date of LB's murder is that she is showing off her new duds - although I don't believe she understood the circumstances of why she had received some new stuff. jmo

Some people don’t get how clothing size works I guess! I could be 4’ or 6’2” and still wear a small dress or bikini. Pants, well unless I’m all torso then pants length would be a problem :laughing:

I disagree. Look at LB in the video, she wasn’t chunky in that! I’m not a big person, average 105-110 LBs and I wear a small and some things a medium. . Heck a 125 lb chick could fit into a small spandex dress! I’d say looking at that video LB was in a small.

ETA:
It’s been stated that LB lost weight and it’s very apparent judging by her brown haired photo to her blond haired photo and especially in the meowing video. I’d say at least 25lbs if not more.

So unless MM shopped in the kids section, those clothes could be worn by MM

JMO

Agreed. It's amazing (to me anyway) how different our bodies are.. ie.. I worked with a woman who was very tall, like 5'11, and I am of shorter-than-average height, but yet our legs were relatively the same length when standing together. Some people have really long torsos and others have compact torsos, and some have short legs and some long, but can still be of same height. 'Tiny' people can have larger bone structures than 'tall' people, and still wear the same garment, with the fit looking perhaps a bit different. There is just something about those outfits she adorns in those photos that doesn't really jive. Too bad the Crown never asked about whether MM had received any surprises/gifts around that time. jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks