LE wants to interview the parents separately

At this time in the investigation (20 plus days) I wouldn't believe a dang word that came out of their mouths. Separated or together. I don't know what happened in that house that night but I would be willing to bet that deborah and or jeremy do. I do not believe that LE is trying to "pin" this on them, LE can only go on what you tell them. I do not always agree with LE on all of their tactics, but they have reasons why they are not looking too far from the house for baby Lisa. jmo

I agree they should be interviewed separately. Nothing wrong with that at all. Lets see if they have consistent stories. I hope LE gets to do this. I dont understand how they cannot make them do this. We have a missing baby here... Seems the parents have forgotten that..

Interviewing the parents again seperately seems like a no brainer.
I don't care how upset the parents may get, their baby is missing....4 weeks missing. They need to talk to LE as much as possible.

imo

If they were not asking questions, but merely saying we know you killed your baby, how long then would you sit there. Please measure this in days, as they did.

However many days since my child went missing. That's my honest answer.

Yes, they do. There have been many innocent people convicted of crimes they didn't commit.

You are right. I should have said, "If these parents are innocent, they don't need protection from LE." LE is trying to find the person who took Lisa. If it's a stranger, then they will have a better chance if the parents tell them information that they haven't told them before. If it's the parents who caused Lisa to be gone, then that will come out. LE is not just trying to pin this on DB for no reason because they don't like her. What she has said so far does not make sense. And, if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true. She would only be helping herself (IF she was innocent) by helping LE to find the real abductor.

If they were not asking questions, but merely saying we know you killed your baby, how long then would you sit there. Please measure this in days, as they did.

I'll agree with this statement. Many parents wouldn't be able to take it for that long. Those of us that had reached the point where we were so emotionally wrung out that we weren't really feeling anything could take it a lot longer. But, that pertains to people that are innocent or guilty. I think the truly innocent ones would take a few hours break, maybe contact a lawyer, simply to try to keep that line of questioning to a minimum, especially if it was in the form of pointed accusations. But once an innocent person had the lawyer, they would go back to the police station and they would do it again. Because somewhere out there, their child is with strangers, or they're in pain or they're alone, or God forbid, they're dead.

My issue is not the fact that they got a lawyer, I think even innocent people are well advised to seek counsel. My issue is with their refusal to speak to LE, even with that lawyer at their side.

I would sit, take it and say, prove it, and in the meantime, please dont stop looking for my daughter. I would sit there for days if I had to. I would submit to any and all questions, tests, DNA sampling, ANYTHING they wanted. Let me clear myself so they can move on. I wouldnt be showing my new haircut on TV though.. I would be a grease ball if this were happening to me.

I am very familiar with LE and I can tell you that they wouldn't be saying that if there wasn't a reason.

LE doesn't want a lawyer present, is that it? Well, that is unconstitutional. No reason for anyone to waive their constitutional rights in this investigation.

never once has it been stated by LE that they do not want an atty present when they interview the parents seperately. That came ONLY from the parents attys and the parents. LE never said it and it is wrong to imply that it came from LE.

I agree that keeping it in the media is brilliant. Thank goodness, though, the media is reporting a reply from Joe T, that they don't want to ask questions, they want to play mind games.

I think if LE is going to be painting this as if all they really want is a chance to get to talk to the parents, it's good that it's made patently clear they've already done that and were yelling at Deborah that she was a murderer within the first hour.

I think the public understand that, and can empathize with their not wanting to go through that again, since it was fruitless and painful to begin with.

I also thought it was fair of LE to state that they are currently answering questions. So what I ask here is, why doesn't LE ask in that format? Pick up the phone, and ask. OR agree to abide by their civil rights and not request that they waive them. (You have the right to remain silent, you have the right to have a lawyer present at all questioning). That's all their asking for, is their rights. And LE is saying no actually we want you to leave your rights at the door.

Would Joe T. say it was mind games if HIS CHILD or other loved one was missing? .................. That's what I thought.

imo

I could be wrong, but LE collected the computer from the home. I'm sure it has been analyzed by now.

Left field, I know, but kind of related: Look at baby Christopher's abduction circumstances. The family, at least as far as I can tell from the website, strongly believes Christopher's father's "girlfriend" or "affair" or whatever she was is a suspect in his abduction.

While Baby Lisa's abduction would perhaps be random, it could also be by the hands of someone close to the family (an affair, etc.), or a family member.

If it were me, I would want to talk to LE with my lawyer to see what the forensics on the computer and house revealed. I would have a burning gnawing NEED to know or at least try to find out!

I guess we'll just have to see how this plays out, or if it plays out at all. Sigh.

They already did, for 17+ hours.

Could there really be questions of that nature - who was there in the house that day, etc., that they haven't already answered? In separate rooms, for hours and hours?

If this were me, I would be LIVING at the police station doing whatever it took to help the police/investigators do whatever was needed to find my baby. They would get tired of seeing me. I would also be on any news station that would put me on tv begging for the return of my child.

They're not talking to local media....WTH? Wouldn't local media be able to help a lot too? They're not on tv begging for Lisa's return. If you have nothing to hide, you hide nothing.

And refusing to cooperate and answer questions, hiring a high powered defense attorney......VERY HINKY....

Reminds me of Ron Cummings.

JMO

hmmm so JI admit's he does have a "boiling point". I wondered about that.

I have a boiling point too...I think everyone does. I would imagine that if my child were abducted from my home and I was under intense police interrogation and being badgered to confess to something I hadn't done repeatedly, I too would reach a boiling point.

11 hours is a long time to go through what happened over the course of the last evening. I suspect the parents reached their "boiling point" when the only answers that LE still had unanswered and "Where is Lisa?" and "What did you do to her?" If I were innocent, I cannot see how continuing with interrogations like that would find my child.

Don't forget what they tell you on airplanes. Put your own oxygen mask on first before your child. You cannot help your child unless you are from a position of strength. I do not feel that being hammered by LE would put me in a position of strength, so I too would walk out of there, hire myself a private investigator, a lawyer and appeal to the national media each and every chance I got.

JMO

This is JMO-But If I am innocent-I would take my lawyer with me to the interview-I would not care who interviewed me or whether its restricted or unrestricted..who cares-ask me all the questions you want-give me LDT- just clear me -so you can look in other directions for my baby-this should have happened a long time ago--precious time has been lost due to this family's games..its really not a good sign for Lisa..WOW

Do you have evidence that the lawyer cannot be present?

there is none. it was put out there by the parents and their attys, possibly in the hope that anyone with a dislike and distrust of LE would run with it and pass the rumor along as truth. LE has never stated this.

I keep seeing posts that claim LE wants the parents to waive their constitutional rights and that LE wants to question the parents without their attorney present, but I have yet to read that in any MSM article.

I've read the word "unrestricted", but I don't think it means waiving rights, or questioning without an attorney. I think it means LE wants to ask the "tough" questions that Capt. Young mentioned in today's article.

Ranch, they have been questioned separately, extensively, with no attorney present and they didn't ask for one.

I think it's time now for LE to stop acting like they haven't, and admit what it is they want - to make another attempt to trick them into changing their stories.

Hmmm, you are assuming facts not so far in evidence, do you have a link where it states this? How do you know they have been questioned extensively and separately? As far as I know they have been questioned for up to 17 hrs some say only 11 hours, whichever it is that is by no means extensive.

As for tricking them,what does it matter, If I knew I was innocent I would recognize the attempt for what it was, a very concerned LE crossing every I and dotting every T. It wouldn't worry me if I were innocent.

You are right. I should have said, "If these parents are innocent, they don't need protection from LE." LE is trying to find the person who took Lisa. If it's a stranger, then they will have a better chance if the parents tell them information that they haven't told them before. If it's the parents who caused Lisa to be gone, then that will come out. LE is not just trying to pin this on DB for no reason because they don't like her. What she has said so far does not make sense. And, if it doesn't make sense, it isn't true. She would only be helping herself (IF she was innocent) by helping LE to find the real abductor.
So LE will never arrest innocent people?

I think some are missing the main point of what LE stated in this article. Keeping in mind all the interviews and information the parents have released since they stopped cooperating.

--------- "We need them to sit down apart from each other, with detectives, and answer the tough questions detectives have for them concerning what they may or may not know about anything, who came and went [the night Lisa disappeared]," Young told ABCNews.com. "There's a whole list of things that they may know."

Young said he is "not disputing" family attorney Joe Tacopina's claims that the family has cooperated and answered other questions, such as specific questions regarding tips and leads. But that is not sufficient, he said.

"The bottom line is detectives need to sit down with them unrestricted and they need to answer questions that we need answered," he said. -----------

To me it seems pretty clear what the detectives need and the parents are not giving it to them in an effort of self protection. So that tells me that the parents are more concerned with themselves rather than their baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back