Lee Anthony's Lawyer Exits Case/Lee's Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
So was LA alone today when he showed up for a continuation of his depo or was it postponed?

So was LA alone today when he showed up for a continuation of his depo or was it postponed?

I was under the impression Lee's depo was done and George was supposed to go in for his depo today but that won't happen until later on this week, Wednesday I think.

I was under the impression Lee's depo was done and George was supposed to go in for his depo today but that won't happen until later on this week, Wednesday I think.

Luka said that after the depo-Lee would make a statement. Haven't seen it yet! So, do we know if Lee is finished yet?

Luka said that after the depo-Lee would make a statement. Haven't seen it yet! So, do we know if Lee is finished yet?
One of the news reports last Friday said Lee would be returning. Thought it was odd that Luka said he was done with the case.

Okay, I guess it's my bad... Sorry about that.

I went back to Friday's update links and found thru Orlando Sentinel links that at 1:05 Luka was saying he was quitting and LA wasn't finished which is what I was going on.
However, there is a second link at 2:30 that said that -
Prosecutors questioned Lee Anthony under oath Thursday at the State Attorney's Office. Luka said they finished interviewing Anthony and dont' need him to answer anymore questions.
BBM

The confusion for me is that the case is a long way from being over. Why the announcement so soon after the depo .Actually I thought they wanted Lee to come back for more questions. It just seems such an odd time to say I'm done with my part. If he's willing to step back in why say anything at all right now?
Might it have been to signal that Lee has done all he can do?
I'm so confused :confused:

Lee's attorney spoke on Issues 8/3/09.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjaFUY-yq0k

If Lee's attorney is needed then he would be there for the criminal case. There are some questions that may not have been answered in the "civil case" and Lee's attorney would be there when needed.

IMO, it probably would have been better if Lee's attorney just said nothing at all.

Bold mine.

Have we ever seen LA's interview with the FBI? I don't recall it being released yet. Perhaps when LA was interviewed by the FBI, he was more forthcoming with the truth than he was at the Morgan deposition...maybe that is what Luka is referring to when he says that LA "spilled it all" and "nothing was different"...maybe nothing was different from the FBI interview. :confused:

IMO, We don't know if Lee had an interview with the FBI.

Thank you! It wasn't just me! Whew!

If you stand in the backyard of the A fam home...where Caylee was found is in the "bottom left" of the field.

So were there two conversations about the phone and the store? One in the phone call and one in person?

Wasn't this jail conversation the same one where he was asking her where to look and Casey goes on about how Cindy would know since it would be familiar to the family? She also mentions to Lee that Caylee was "close" more than once, IIRC.

Exactly...who DOES talk like that?! No one. She has lived in Orlando a long time and she should know North, South, East, West at her age. She would have said, "in southwest Orlando" or "in the southwest part of town". No one says, "bottom left" when describing an area of a city. It simply isn't done...except in this particular case.

I have not seen anyone ask Lee about this information either which is truly disturbing. Couldn't someone just ask him directly if Casey was passing on information relative to Caylee's dump site? If you don't ask the right question, you cannot expect him to volunteer the answer, imo.

ETA: Thanks, Watcher for watching~ ;)

:eek:fftopic: We need to move this discussion out of this thread please.

If Lee's attorney is needed then he would be there for the criminal case. There are some questions that may not have been answered in the "civil case" and Lee's attorney would be there when needed.

IMO, it probably would have been better if Lee's attorney just said nothing at all.

I agree . That way there would not be this rampant speculation as to why he's leaving [said with a guilty face] and no speculation if he has to come back.
Those lawyers should use us as a test market LOL. If I do this what will you think / say :) It could save them a lot of grief .

Mitzi, I too was thinking the same today. Why haven't we seen any thing regarding LA FBI interview?

Something just dawned on me, do you think LE has determined/proven that Lee was out of town the days of June 10 - 24 for example. Therefore they know for a fact he was nowhere in sight when Caylee met her fate.

Any other criminal activity that may have taken place, Lee would have to get charged with and he has not. Since Lawyers must be paid, and they're expensive, maybe Lee doesn't need a Lawyer now - unless or until something else comes up which may never happen.

Maybe his interview contains info they don't want the public to see just like JPC's must - cuz that's been kept under wrap too.

[Bold is mine] I totally agree. I found Luka's announcement and subsequent explanations to be a bit bizarre.

After thinking it through a bit, I have this thought:

Perhaps Luka is announcing to the public that "this high profile attorney with access to all media including newspapers, GMA, NG, Issues, ect., is again available for hire. I'm no longer busy with this nationaly renown case so if you need the finest representation, give me a call."

He is not the first nor will he be the last attorney to use current celebrity status bought by the tradegy of another to gain free and extensive advertising.

I'm willing to give Luka a pass.He has to consider legal ethics and the possibility of complaints to the bar.If he feels his client is involving him in a continuation of a crime he should jump ship.
Again,don't know the circumstances and I'm hoping that's not the case,but it could be.

ETA: Luka may have had an agreement with Lee that his only role was to try and get Lee immunity.

You could be right as rain. If I were Luka I would not, repeat would not risk my career over the likes of the A's for sure. If he felt like he needed to jump ship, then "Man Overboard"! I don't hold it against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes