Lee Has An Attorney! REVISIT OLD THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what? Harassment is harassment, whether the harasser (is that a word?) is 10 feet away or 10 feet and 1 inch away. No one is saying Lee was legally in the right, just that his actions are understandable.

Yes it is!!!

And considering the Sheriff's Office had already responded and said the dog- and- murdered-sign woman could remain on that public property so as

to exercise her constitutional right to peacefully protest,

I guess this wasn't.

If we were allowed to disrupt the lives of others, by taking their property and harassing their dog, it would be a sad day for our society.

:blowkiss:

The victim of the worst harrassment here in my opinion is the St. Bernard who did not choose to be out in the summer heat to begin with and needed his water. Not criticizing the pooches owner......

As happens at times, degree (yours) or no degree (mine), I disagree with you. Women with personality disorders are "serial victims". Many with a degree such as yours will not even TREAT women with personality disorders for several reasons, one of them being their tendency to falsly accuse anything, everything! Sexual assault, false pregnancy, as well as a whole bunch of other attention seeking, feigned victim crap. Much like rape, it is a "control" thing.

"You can't break up with me, I'll call the police and tell them you raped me" "You can't leave me, I'm pregnant with your baby". "You will be sorry for this...."

It is also used as another way to punish those who have "wronged" them. Accusing family members of abuse is also a common tactic to keep others on their "side", to create choas in the home, to "prove" to the disordered that those who take their side care about them.

I am not ruling out that Casey had been "molested" but only because I am so sure she is personality disordered... and between 40 and 70 % of those with BPD have been sexually abused so there is a possibility. I personally do not think she was abused as a child in any way other than being raised by equally ill, beaten down parents.

I agree with this, 100%. It is my experience, as a licensed psychologist, that very few women lie about incest. Matter of fact it re-victimizes women to say that.

Her anger towards Cindy may come from the fact that CA refused to believe her.

Yes, she does lie but why lie about that "for sympathy?" When you look at it closer I think it's humiliating to tell that story.

Hyper-sexuality, dis-associative response to trauma(losing her child) all of these things are often symptoms seen in SA victims.

Only God, knows the truth...

I have no idea what has actually gone on in that family (like everyone else)...What I can say is that SOMETHING has gone on and whatever it is, isn't "right". Something's off. I'm not a psychiatrist but I don't think one needs to be one to determine that something is terribly "off" with the whole lot of them. They have lived in their cocoon of "strangeness" for this long because nothing had ever happened before to question them, their behavior or their lives. Now everything has been burst open but the stressors for the "pop" have always been there building up...This is why I think that so many, looking in, are drawn to the most extreme speculations...Because it's so obvious that something is not right and that so many things (perhaps even relatively minor and insignificant) are being hidden!

MOO

Yes, on top of that, he's in a "creepy" vs "creepy big criminal" situation, too.

It's that syndrome wherein the evil-doing child gets much more attention and pampering, more emotional and financial support, than the one who isn't as capable of exaggerated wrong-doing.
He may outwardly support her but inwardly resent this status quo.

Absolutely! And perhaps create more drama, bring more dirt about her into the open. I think they may have done a bit of that to one another, each jealous of what they percieve the other to be in their mothers eyes.

I see Lee as the classic "Good child" in a personality disordered home... He is the first one called to come to the rescue, my guess is that Cindy sees him as the only one who is loyal to her. IMO, George vomiting when Lee was showing up at the police station (when they were supposed to listen to the 911 calls with LE together) when George wasn't supposed to be there yet. George even asked LE to lie and pretend he had just gotten there. I think George was afraid Lee would find out and tell Cindy that George went behind her back and gave info to LE.

But it isn't that uncommon, that's the thing!

I have no idea what has actually gone on in that family (like everyone else)...What I can say is that SOMETHING has gone on and whatever it is, isn't "right". Something's off. I'm not a psychiatrist but I don't think one needs to be one to determine that something is terribly "off" with the whole lot of them. They have lived in their cocoon of "strangeness" for this long because nothing had ever happened before to question them, their behavior or their lives. Now everything has been burst open but the stressors for the "pop" have always been there building up...This is why I think that so many, looking in, are drawn to the most extreme speculations...Because it's so obvious that something is not right and that so many things (perhaps even relatively minor and insignificant) are being hidden!

MOO

what bothers me about this assumption, is that GA didn't want LA to know he was with LE, spilling his guts. If they were in on it together, why the secrecy?

They weren't. Neither knew what the other was saying, but both individually had enough sense to honestly relay what they had experienced and seen. LA didn't want to disappoint or betray his mother or his father, and GA knew he had to tell what he knows, because as former LE he knows what can happen if he doesn't.

What I am curious about is how the grandmother took all this when she found out.

*friendly snips*
I see Lee as the classic "Good child" in a personality disordered home... He is the first one called to come to the rescue, my guess is that Cindy sees him as the only one who is loyal to her. IMO, George vomiting when Lee was showing up at the police station (when they were supposed to listen to the 911 calls with LE together) when George wasn't supposed to be there yet. George even asked LE to lie and pretend he had just gotten there. I think George was afraid Lee would find out and tell Cindy that George went behind her back and gave info to LE.

ITA!!:clap::clap:
As happens at times, degree (yours) or no degree (mine), I disagree with you. Women with personality disorders are "serial victims". Many with a degree such as yours will not even TREAT women with personality disorders for several reasons, one of them being their tendency to falsly accuse anything, everything! Sexual assault, false pregnancy, as well as a whole bunch of other attention seeking, feigned victim crap. Much like rape, it is a "control" thing.

"You can't break up with me, I'll call the police and tell them you raped me" "You can't leave me, I'm pregnant with your baby". "You will be sorry for this...."

It is also used as another way to punish those who have "wronged" them. Accusing family members of abuse is also a common tactic to keep others on their "side", to create choas in the home, to "prove" to the disordered that those who take their side care about them.

I am not ruling out that Casey had been "molested" but only because I am so sure she is personality disordered... and between 40 and 70 % of those with BPD have been sexually abused so there is a possibility. I personally do not think she was abused as a child in any way other than being raised by equally ill, beaten down parents.

ITA again!!:clap::clap:

There are any number of psychiatric diseases in which promiscuity plays a part.
I would ask that posters stop already with the sexual abuse accusations. If you haven't been a victim, you don't know how baseless claims can make it hard for real victims to be believed.

A policeman called me on the phone. He wanted to talk to my daughter. I freaked, went to school to get her, and called a lawyer. The lieutenant was not happy when I showed up with my daughter AND a lawyer but screw him. Turns out these kids vandalized some golf carts and one of them named my daughter as a participant. She was 75 miles away that night at my mom's house. What if she had not been? There was no way that I'd ever not have representation.

LA hiring an attorney:
doesn't mean LA did anything
doesn't mean LA knows anything
He does know his sister and for that reason alone if I were him I'd hire an attorney.

KC lies when she opens her mouth and says nothing. She lies because she can.Her back is against the wall, can you imagine the vile stuff she'll spew? The stuff will be flying far and wide.

If I had met her and talked to her 1 time I'd hire a lawyer.

Great post!

ITA!:clap::clap:
I'd hire, like, three attorneys!!!

Also, does anyone know if there's confirmation that Lee just hired an attorney--- I've suspected for awhile that he probably had legal representation-- I personally think he's had representation for awhile.
And, I think that's a GOOD thing. I also agree with the many posters who are saying that seeking representation shouldn't necessarily be equivocated with criminal behavior or consciousness of guilt.

IMO, LA hired an Atty because the defense is likely going to try to frame HIM for the murder, or someone else in the family, because their's are the only fingerprints that are going to be found in or on the plastic bag Caylee was found in. There won't be any 'unknown' prints there, except maybe the guy that picked it up and found it. But I guarantee you, it won't work, because KC's are the only prints that will be on the inside of the bag, and the tape.
He really DOES need a lawyer though, as much as his sister does.
You know, KC would allow any member of her family to take the heat for her. My only question would be; how much heat is the family willing to take?
When will that line be crossed?

^

Ditto.

Has there been ANY confirmation, except for the start of this thread, that Lee has in fact hired an attorney, and if so, has any other information been accompanied with that story?

Sorry if it has been posted. Just don't fancy going back some 10 or so pages with the amount of vitriol towards the Anthony family I'll have to read through.

ITA!!:clap::clap:
I'd hire, like, three attorneys!!!

Also, does anyone know if there's confirmation that Lee just hired an attorney--- I've suspected for awhile that he probably had legal representation-- I personally think he's had representation for awhile.
And, I think that's a GOOD thing. I also agree with the many posters who are saying that seeking representation shouldn't necessarily be equivocated with criminal behavior or consciousness of guilt.

I can get behind this for 3 reasons:

- DNA
- Fingerprints
- Polygraph

In this country, privacy concerns are HUGE. There are several key issues surrounding it (imagine someone "misplacing" your DNA profile or fingerprints, which happen to include data such as your social security number and other particulars about your identity. It happens.) Further, that data is stored in several different databases, and each time your personal data is replicated somewhere, it constitutes a risk to your identity.

Having said that, I do not fault LA for getting an attorney and also not volunteering his fingerprints or DNA without a subpeona. As far as the polygraph, ya'll don't want to know the soapbox I have about that - they're not even admissable in court and are only as good as the person administering them.

I just spent some time reading the thread and two words spring to mind:
Witch Hunt.

None of the A's are especially sympathetic characters, but to read people actually entertaining the idea that Lee is that father of Caylee based on an interview from Jesse that stated Casey told this story of being victimized IIRC-the flames of which have been fanned by Leonard ...has me shakin my head.

Even the poor meter reader who did us all the favor of finding her body has an attorney. Look at how the life of ZFG is in shambles....

People are building this family up to be some kind of Caligula inspired fantasy-this is middle class Orlando people. Where a spoiled, overly indulged young mother murdered her child because she couldnt have the life she thought she wanted....and because this whole family operated on the principal of "what happens on Hopespring stays on Hopespring" there is a very real possibility that she will take them all down with her...in the end perhaps that is her goal.

:confused:

:clap::clap::clap: Excellent post!

I see no child molesting, no dog beaters, no previously overtly angry people here. I see your "typical" dysfunctional family.. other than this, Caylee dead and Casey accused of killing her, they functioned far better, for far longer than many dysfunctional families I have known including my own. At least George was man enough to stick around- he could have bailed and not paid child support like many dads do. Not one of them even has a police record (until now).

I'll tell you what?! I am heavily medicated for my Bipolar disorder but I still would have flipped out on those "protesters" had they been outside of my house acting all foolish like that. I would have ended up arrested for assault and I'm not just saying that. They handled it better than I could ever hope to.

I have plenty a issue with these people, I'm the first to admit that. but I do not see them as all wrong... or all bad.

Yes just another dysfunctional family like millions of other families.
This does not mean they harmed anyone at all.
Seems to me only Casey Harmed her kid and they are all trying to save her.

Public opinion is just that = opinion; While everyone has an opinion NOBODY knows exactly what they would do if God forbid they were faced with a Casey in their family. Skewed family is still sticking together because that is what family's do.
I don't know what I would do; but I know I would not throw any family member under any bus, not even a toy bus.

i agree

:clap::clap::clap: Excellent post!

I see no child molesting, no dog beaters, no previously overtly angry people here. I see your "typical" dysfunctional family.. other than this, Caylee dead and Casey accused of killing her, they functioned far better, for far longer than many dysfunctional families I have known including my own. At least George was man enough to stick around- he could have bailed and not paid child support like many dads do. Not one of them even has a police record (until now).

I'll tell you what?! I am heavily medicated for my Bipolar disorder but I still would have flipped out on those "protesters" had they been outside of my house acting all foolish like that. I would have ended up arrested for assault and I'm not just saying that. They handled it better than I could ever hope to.

I have plenty a issue with these people, I'm the first to admit that. but I do not see them as all wrong... or all bad.

I also see LA's actions as protective of his parents and their home, though perhaps a bit underconsidered given the great presence of the newscams and bystanders. He did try to "negotiate" with the protester who had the dog and big signboard. But clearly, it was not a negotiation, it his way or the highway: the boss's nicely worded demand that your clear your desk. Or else. There was no doubt in my mind about LA putting his rage into the somewhat pathetic attempt to destroy the poster, then pour out the dog's water.

It was not on the A property. But it was also, clearly offensive to the A family. I want to commiserate, but it is tough when the A's bring it on....daughter out on bail and in the *house* my goodness.

Seriously? Instead of the court injunction, they should have tried a lawyer...not one of those yellow book cheapie kinds.

4:1

That dog incident was not Lee's finest hour. The whole episode was obnoxious, but my interpretation was he was saying: "I don't want you and your dog to get comfortable here... as a matter of fact, get out. Don't bring your stuff or your dog's stuff to MY house.'' Like that. I'm sure Lee knew the dog wouldn't die of dehydration. He just wanted the owner to leave and take her "little dog too!"

This is the first and last time I'll ever defend LA. lol.

lol I know what ya mean. The entire protester thing got me angry. I couldn't believe the things that were allowed to go on there! The one lady trying to lie and say Lee hit her child with the car and the child was the one who told the truth, that he didn't, but the mom was encouraging her to lie and say he did! It made me sick! And the lady who's son got his arm closed in the door and he fell down crying and she hardly cared, didn't even GO to her hurt son- just kept screaming at Cindy, telling her how to parent properly! Ha.

One Lost Girl medicated or not you always seem to be the voice of reason to my ears. I so count on your post to direct us in the right direction of appropriate reasoning. Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

isn't the topic of this thread Lee hired an attorney?
what the heck is happpening in here?

How about, because the family has to testify in a murder case?

What? No allegations that the meter reader is Caylee's father? How about someone high and secret on the utilities commission?

LOL and this is why I so look forward to your posts ;)

As is often the case, fwiw- I agree with you regarding Lee as well.

isn't the topic of this thread Lee hired an attorney?
what the heck is happpening in here?

LOL Who knows, I'm not even caught up yet.. I'm responding to older posts! I will stop reading and responding to the posts in the thread if you'd like though. :blowkiss:

So what? Harassment is harassment, whether the harasser (is that a word?) is 10 feet away or 10 feet and 1 inch away. No one is saying Lee was legally in the right, just that his actions are understandable.

She was sitting quietly, I can understand you being upset with the nasty vocal posters. This protester was within her legal rights. Lee was not within his. :waitasec:

Eta: his actions are not only not understandable, they were appalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname